Former Georgia LT Governor and life long Republican reveals he will be voting for Joe Biden

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps

Georgia's former lieutenant governor backs Biden in high-profile defection from GOP​

Former Georgia Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan was also the leading contender to run for president on No Labels' centrist third-party ticket.

Not long ago, Geoff Duncan was seen as a rising star in GOP politics. Now, the former Georgia lieutenant governor says he’s voting for President Joe Biden in 2024, and he's urging other Republicans to do so, too.

“Unlike Trump, I’ve belonged to the GOP my entire life. This November, I am voting for a decent person I disagree with on policy over a criminal defendant without a moral compass,” Duncan wrote in an op-ed published Monday in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Former President Donald Trump’s attempt to overturn the 2020 election in Georgia was a breaking point for Duncan, who along with other state GOP officials, like Gov. Brian Kemp and Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, defended the integrity of the state's elections and condemned Trump’s actions and rhetoric as false and undemocratic.

That break with Trump led Duncan to decide not to run for re-election in 2022 and to write a book about re-inventing the Republican Party without Trump.

Duncan, who is also a former professional baseball player and state lawmaker, was recruited to join the centrist third-party presidential ticket backed by No Labels earlier this year, but he ultimately declined.

The deep-pocketed Washington group announced in March that it was abandoning its 2024 presidential ambitions after being unable to find a credible candidate. Duncan appears to be closest they came to securing a candidate for the top of the the ticket, though No Labels kept much of its work private.

Duncan has since said in interviews that he seriously considered the No Labels ticket, but was not confident that any third-party candidate would have a real path to victory in November and worried he would merely be a spoiler.

With Trump now back atop the GOP and on track to be its nominee in November, Duncan criticized other erstwhile GOP skeptics of Trump for falling in line behind the former president instead of backing the current Democratic one.

“[T]he GOP will never rebuild until we move on from the Trump era, leaving conservative (but not angry) Republicans like me no choice but to pull the lever for Biden,” Duncan wrote in his new op-ed.

“The alternative is another term of Trump, a man who has disqualified himself through his conduct and his character," he continued. "The headlines are ablaze with his hush-money trial over allegations of improper record-keeping for payments to conceal an affair with an adult-film star."

Duncan went on to write that he disagrees with Biden’s policies and that Republicans who support Biden should simultaneously “work to elect GOP congressional majorities to block his second-term legislative agenda and provide a check and balance.”

In a statement, Biden campaign spokesperson James Singer said the campaign "is actively reaching out to Americans like Geoff Duncan, who put their country and concern for protecting our democracy before blind loyalty to Donald Trump and his self-centered campaign of revenge and retribution."

Singer said the campaign welcomes Duncan and all others who share their value for democracy, the rule of law, and public decency, adding that they "have a place in President Biden’s vision for America.”

Anti-Trump Republicans were a key piece of the coalition that helped Biden oust the former president in 2020, when Democrats highlighting the support of GOP officials in ads and speaking slots at the Democratic National Convention.

But some of those same pro-Biden Republicans said the president's outreach since has been lackluster since then, warning that his campaign needs to do more to win over so-called soft Republicans and GOP-leaning independents.

Democrats closely watching this year’s GOP primary also saw potential Biden supporters among the segment of voters won by former United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley, a moderate and Trump critic.

Biden’s team has yet to make a major public effort aimed specifically at those voters, but Democrats say the time for such a move would come closer to the election. In the meantime, they believe that Trump and his campaign will continue to denigrate Haley and her supporters, rather than try to win them back.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Right off of the top of my head in just last 8 or so years Trump has:

1. Been shown to have run a fake university.
2. Been shown to have run a fake charity.
3. Paid off a hooker.
4. Paid off a mistress.
5. Found civilally liable for sexually abusing a woman.
6. Found civilally liable for his. company being a fraud.
7. Tried to overthrow an election in 2020.
8. Conspired with the Russians to overthrow a US election in 2016.
9. Stolen secret documents from the U.S government.
10. Criminally charged in New York.
11. Criminally charged in Georgia
12. Criminally charged by the US Government in Washington DC and Florida.
13. Literally made an argument before the Supreme Court that he should be immune from all crimes.

There is a lot more but that is all that I can recall off the top of my head.

Daps
Media is gonna hype the fukk out of this election for ratings but I wouldn't be surprised if Biden won by a larger margin than he did in 2020.

The type of folks that ACTUALLY vote are either strongly Dems, strongly MAGA/GOP or lowercase "R" voters that will go Biden at the top of the ticket and Republican all the way down.

Anyone saying they voted for Biden in 2020 but suddenly want to vote Trump...is a damn liar or doesn't pay attention to anything news related. Likely the nihilistic yutes...they want chaos for chaos sake not thinking about the consequences of voting for Trump (see the SC and lower courts Trump stacked).

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Didn’t Trump go against Governor Kemp during his reelection campaign?
Trump hates Kemp with a passion and blames him for costing him the election and guess what....

Kemp backs Trump: ‘He’d be better than Joe Biden.’​

‘It’s as simple as that,’ Georgia’s governor adds on his decision to support a former president who has long sparred with him.

Gov. Brian Kemp had a curt message on the day of the Georgia primary about why he supports former President Donald Trump despite their long, contentious history: “I think he’d be better than Joe Biden. It’s as simple as that.”
But the governor wouldn’t say whether he voted for Trump when he cast an early ballot in the GOP primary on Friday, days after former U.N Ambassador Nikki Haley quit the race. He told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution only that he’s “said for a long time now I’d support the nominee.”
He also declined to say Tuesday whether he’d campaign with Trump or take other steps to proactively support the former president, saying instead that he will focus on helping Republicans keep their solid majorities in the General Assembly.
“That is going to be my main goal between now and November,” Kemp said outside of his Gold Dome office. “My belief is that if we do that well as Republicans and tell people what we’re for and stay focused on the future, we’ll have a great night up and down the ticket.”
The bottom-up approach to November reflects the fraught relationship between the former allies and sometime adversaries. Now they’ve struck an uneasy truce as the election campaign begins in earnest and Republicans aim to recapture Georgia.
Kemp has long said he’ll support the Republican nominee, so his decision to vouch for Trump as GOP voters headed to the polls was no surprise. But their complicated past will factor into Republican efforts to flip Georgia, which Biden narrowly captured in 2020.

The governor hasn’t campaigned with Trump in three years and skipped every one of his rallies in the state since 2021, including the former president’s event Saturday in Rome. And the former president only dropped his vendetta against Kemp after Trump’s hand-picked challenger was humiliated in the 2022 primary

But both have a common interest in recapturing Georgia. Trump can ill afford to alienate Kemp, who managed to win over the same suburban swing voters who doomed the then-president’s election chances in 2020.

And Kemp delivering his home state back to the GOP column would be a crowning achievement for the governor, who could run for the U.S. Senate in 2026 or president two years later.

Their relationship fell apart when Kemp repeatedly refused Trump’s demand to call a special legislative session in 2020 that could have invalidated Biden’s victory. And he rebuffed other attempts by Trump’s allies to undermine the election when he certified the results.

Trump singled out Kemp for revenge, swearing that the governor would “go down in flames” at the ballot box. His prediction was spectacularly wrong.

After Kemp defeated former Republican U.S. Sen. David Perdue and Democrat Stacey Abrams, he warned Trump to ditch his obsession with 2020 and give voters a reason beyond backing “the lesser of two evils” to cast their ballots.

Kemp also shifted from never uttering a bad word about Trump to full-scale broadsides. But as Trump’s campaign for a third consecutive Republican nomination gained steam, Kemp has backed off his direct criticism of the former president.

The governor is far from the only high-profile Trump skeptic in Georgia to tie himself to the former president’s comeback bid. Attorney General Chris Carr and Insurance Commissioner John King, who each also defeated Trump-backed challengers in 2022, both endorsed him this month. (Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, another incumbent who beat back a Trump-supported challenger, is staying neutral in the contest, citing his role as the state’s top election official.)

On Tuesday, Kemp had few words about Trump beyond repeating his commitment to support the former president. But he did have a prediction about a general election campaign in a state that could make or break Republican ambitions to retake the White House.

“People can send a message with their vote today, but the real action is going to be happening here in November,” he said. “I know we’re preparing for that, and it’s going to be a crazy, crazy election season.”

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Right off of the top of my head in just last 8 or so years Trump has:

1. Been shown to have run a fake university.
2. Been shown to have run a fake charity.
3. Paid off a hooker.
4. Paid off a mistress.
5. Found civilally liable for sexually abusing a woman.
6. Found civilally liable for his. company being a fraud.
7. Tried to overthrow an election in 2020.
8. Conspired with the Russians to overthrow a US election in 2016.
9. Stolen secret documents from the U.S government.
10. Criminally charged in New York.
11. Criminally charged in Georgia
12. Criminally charged by the US Government in Washington DC and Florida.
13. Literally made an argument before the Supreme Court that he should be immune from all crimes.

There is a lot more but that is all that I can recall off the top of my head.

Man that whole list is crazy enough but just add on He actually claimed the hush money as a business expense for a tax deduction too.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man that whole list is crazy enough but just add on He actually claimed the hush money as a business expense for a tax deduction too.
Trump is an ongoing criminal enterprise. Think about it. Those were just the things that I could rattle off without doing research. Here are a couple of more without doing any research:

1. Tried to have the Vice-President assassinated.
2. Tried to have the Speaker of the House assassinated.
3. Tried to have the whole damn Congress assassinated.
4. Got impeached twice.
5. Tried to extort the President of Ukraine.
6. Used extra judicial measures against BLM protestors.
7. Fired the FBI Director because they were investigating him.
8. Fired the Attorney General because the FBI was investigating him.
9. Got his personal attorney (Cohen) to perjure himself and go to prison.
10. His campaign manager (Manafort) went to prison.
11. That dildo Bannon is on the way to prison.
12. That dildo Roger Stone got pardoned before heading to prison.
13. That dildo idiot Peter Navarro is headed to prison.
14. Trump's accountant Alan Weiselburg is in prison.
15. Jared Kusner got 2 billion dollars from the Saudis.
16. Ivanka got a bunch of patents from China was her dad was negotiating trade agreements with China.
17. Trump brok the emollients clause so often that th GAO just probably gave up tracking it.
18. Rudy Giuliani has been indicted.
19. Sidney Powell and a bunch of other lawyers have been indicated and disbarred.

Now that is stuff that I recall just off the top of my head that happened in the last few years With no research.

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
Trump is an ongoing criminal enterprise. Think about it. Those were just the things that I could rattle off without doing research. Here are a couple of more without doing any research:

1. Tried to have the Vice-President assassinated.
2. Tried to have the Speaker of the House assassinated.
3. Tried to have the whole damn Congress assassinated.
4. Got impeached twice.
5. Tried to extort the President of Ukraine.
6. Used extra judicial measures against BLM protestors.
7. Fired the FBI Director because they were investigating him.
8. Fired the Attorney General because the FBI was investigating him.
9. Got his personal attorney (Cohen) to perjure himself and go to prison.
10. His campaign manager (Manafort) went to prison.
11. That dildo Bannon is on the way to prison.
12. That dildo Roger Stone got pardoned before heading to prison.
13. That dildo idiot Peter Navarro is headed to prison.
14. Trump's accountant Alan Weiselburg is in prison.
15. Jared Kusner got 2 billion dollars from the Saudis.
16. Ivanka got a bunch of patents from China was her dad was negotiating trade agreements with China.
17. Trump brok the emollients clause so often that th GAO just probably gave up tracking it.
18. Rudy Giuliani has been indicted.
19. Sidney Powell and a bunch of other lawyers have been indicated and disbarred.

Now that is stuff that I recall just off the top of my head that happened in the last few years With no research.
The list is honestly endless because he's done so much wild shyt.

-Using the national guard to clear out peaceful protestors so he could walk across the street to take a picture in front of a church holding a bible upside down.

-Believing Putin over his own US Intelligence agencies during that public Trump/Putin conference in Helsinki, Finland.

-SHARPIE GATE! That was when a Hurricane was approaching the US and Trump said it would effect Alabama, but Alabama was not in the path of the storm. So from the oval office he showed reporters an altered map with a black sharpie that included Alabama in path of the storm. Then forced the non-partisan federal government weather agency to retract their original statement saying Alabama was not in path of the storm, and put out a new statement supporting Trump's claim that Alabama was in path of the storm.:russ: