Former NBA coach Avery Johnson agrees to become head coach at Alabama EDIT: Mutually parted ways

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Full press conference brehs

Averys wife not bad.Great story about his college coach.Just his personality alone makes you think he would be a killer in recruiting.I guess time will tell.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
i think avery is better cut out for coaching college ball.

it'd be ineresting to see him and bruce pearl go at it for recruits tho.

SEC basketball is about to really take off. what team is ben holland coaching?

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
man im not against keeping him.
1. who else we gonna get
2. he's actually done pretty good for the program as a whole
I like Avery even with all his faults I don't want to see him go

Basically this, for all his faults and how bad this season was, things at least feel different from the Grant era, far better recruiting including having a lottery pick on the squad last season. I’ve heard some names thrown out there to replace Avery like Steve Prohm at Iowa State and Thad Matta and for some odd reason Billy Donovan but I hope Byrne knows what he’s doing cause this could backfire.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Basically this, for all his faults and how bad this season was, things at least feel different from the Grant era, far better recruiting including having a lottery pick on the squad last season. I’ve heard some names thrown out there to replace Avery like Steve Prohm at Iowa State and Thad Matta and for some odd reason Billy Donovan but I hope Byrne knows what he’s doing cause this could backfire.

right. I think it's an overreaction it's not like it's bad season after bad season. it's one meh season after losing the most superior talent we've had since Spree.