Former NBA coach Avery Johnson agrees to become head coach at Alabama EDIT: Mutually parted ways

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
man im not against keeping him.
1. who else we gonna get
2. he's actually done pretty good for the program as a whole
I like Avery even with all his faults I don't want to see him go

We about to get Prohm. Just watch

Avery had a better tenure than Grant if you really watching but as far results they look the same

Avery has a really good class coming in next year and it will be great if they get Wafford

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Basically this, for all his faults and how bad this season was, things at least feel different from the Grant era, far better recruiting including having a lottery pick on the squad last season. I’ve heard some names thrown out there to replace Avery like Steve Prohm at Iowa State and Thad Matta and for some odd reason Billy Donovan but I hope Byrne knows what he’s doing cause this could backfire.
Avery’s biggest fault was giving his son a scholly and PT

He really needed to recruit more guards that can contribute of the bench

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
What Avery do wrong :dwillhuh:

They are about to find out how terrible basketball can really be when they get rid of him. He hasn't done anything terribly wrong. They get most of the players in the state that should go there, but they are falling behind now and this is their last ditch effort to get a "Saban" type of coach into their basketball program. Except there is not a coach out there like that in college basketball. College basketball is even more competitive now than ever, and especially in the SEC. Certain teams doing well this year have their fans acting a fool.

tr2k

All Star
Daps
he_smiles.gif