Founding Fathers Documentary: Hip Hop Did Not Start in the Bronx

Durrbrowski

Durrbrowski
Daps
didn't read. but I just have to ask one thing. and if it says so then I wont say anything. But did all these brooklyn nikkas ever officially use and coin the term Hip Hop? As in the 5 elements etc etc.....because they may have been using some of the elements musically. But hip hop is more than music. and the Zulu nation laid the blueprint in the BX.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
They already have rock n roll hall of fame..which is stupid since hip hop artists or any other music genre shouldn't be in there..it should be rock n roll strictly
agree, two things hip hop needs is its own academy to do awards/honors and a hip hop hall of fame, i dont get why everyone has to be inducted into a fukkin rock n roll hall of fame

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rapping was invented by Muhammad Ali
:patrice:
What ? :dead:
Muhammad ali is great in all but I'd wagerthose I've stated had a more profound
affect on Hip Hop's direction.
James Brown and the whole genre of Funk in particular had a pretty big impact on
the musical ideas in Hip Hop and Gil Scott Heron has been cited as an influence on the genre as well.

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
What ? :dead:
Muhammad ali is great in all but I'd wagerthose I've stated had a more profound
affect on Hip Hop's direction.
James Brown and the whole genre of Funk in particular had a pretty big impact on
the musical ideas in Hip Hop and Gil Scott Heron has been cited as an influence on the genre as well.

So you're saying those guys had a greater impact on the black community than Ali?

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So you're saying those guys had a greater impact on the black community than Ali?
If you're arguing that James brown has had less of an influence than Muhammad Ali on African American music
and saying he hasn't had a lasting impact on Hip Hop which is a direct descendant of his music.
You might want to present evidence to the contrary because that'd be not only
a big claim but one not backed by anything whatsoever.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
it is not about the part or the breaks.
it is about the culture.
the culture was formulated with herc.
the other shyt and why it is denounced is because it was not about the culture.

just like nikkaz in Chicago may spin some rap, in a house or ghetto party.
it does not make it a culturized function.
this is the same shyt pharris and those house duck ass dj try to do in Chicago.
knowing damn well they are not about the culture.
yet, cause they spun some similar records/vinyl.
they try to fake like they are bboys and care about the culture all the way and they don't.

this is just like weak ass beaugoise fake'n jax, dj Hollywood.
tossing bboys out for flex'n and then trying to make it like he was about culture,.
I ain't goin,....
fukk what those toys talembout.

art barr

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Frankie Smith is the founder of rap

:wow:

Maybe you're joking or dont know but the first real rap sounding music came from pigmeat markham. He stayed in the bronx, and was a regular at the apollo in the '60's,
you cant tell me he didnt influence the future rappers who most likely saw him when
they were younger going to the apollo.

Last edited:

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Maybe you're joking or dont know but the first real rap sounding music came from pigmeat markham. He stayed in the bronx, and was a regular at the apollo in the '60's,
you cant tell me he didnt influence the future rappers who most likely saw him when
they were younger going to the apollo.

Ali was rapping before that..he didn't influence no one

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ali was rapping before that..he didn't influence no one
You're talking crazy. Ali said a few slick words, pigmeat Markham was making SONGS with flow, and the beats were banging. My mother put me onto pigmeat markham when I was younger. You're just saying Ali because he was popular but blacks have always been talking slick like him. James brown was doing the same sick talk ali was. Pig meat Markham was actually flowing to the beat throughout the whole song and the songs had concepts. This was rap music before rap music. Everyone who was into black music knew about pig meat markhm, talk to older people and learn something.

You actually think Ali started rhyming and influenced people to do it. nikka that shyt ain't knew.hahahaha

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
You're talking crazy. Ali said a few slick words, pigmeat Markham was making SONGS with flow, and the beats were banging. My mother put me onto pigmeat markham when I was younger. You're just saying Ali because he was popular but blacks have always been talking slick like him. James brown was doing the same sick talk ali was. Pig meat Markham was actually flowing to the beat throughout the whole song and the songs had concepts. This was rap music before rap music. Everyone who was into black music knew about pig meat markhm, talk to older people and learn something.

You actually think Ali started rhyming and influenced people to do it. nikka that shyt ain't knew.hahahaha

Nobody knows who pig meat was..it's just some shyt on the Internet that they tried to say was the first rap song..it's not true,,Ali was the first rhymer in popular culture..he influenced everyone..not pigmeat