Fox's X-Men Issues: Jennifer Lawrence Unsigned, 'Deadpool' Defections, 'Gambit' on Hold

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The X-Men are the dominant branch of Marvel’s family of mutant superheroes. Sometime in 2018, however, the New Mutants will become the second generation to get screen time. And now, we know which mutants have been naturally selected to appear in the film.

According to the Nerdist, we’ll be getting much of the core team of the New Mutants who first appeared in Marvel Graphic Novel #4: The New Mutants (1982):

• - Danielle Moonstar, aka Mirage. She can create illusions.
  • - Sam Guthrie, aka Cannonball. He can fly within a force field.
  • - Rahne Sinclair aka Wolfsbane. She can transform into a wolf.
  • - Roberto da Costa, aka Sunspot. He can harness the power of the sun.
  • - Illyana Rasputin, aka Magik. She’s pure awesome, and one of my favorite Marvel characters
  • - Warlock. It’s an alien who merges with the mutant Cypher (long considered one of Marvel's least interesting mutants).
  • Missing from this list is Xi'an Coy Manh/Karma, the original team leader. Perhaps at 19 years old, the character is too superannuated for this film, which is aimed at the same YA audience as The Hunger Games and Divergent.
  • Casting hasn’t begun. However, the film’s screenwriters have also been announced: Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber, who worked with New Mutants’ director Josh Boone on The Fault in Our Stars.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
issues? sounds to me like fox is getting shyt right for once....no need to resign lawrence for a shytload for her to play katniss.....and gambit didnt deserve a solo movie to start with....like others said: sounds like they gonna use deadpool's success and make movies based around him to fill that wolvie star spot for now, then reboot the whole universe....which i'm cool with....

parallax

Superstar
Daps
The cast is sounding dope. Sucks that cypher didn't make the cut though. He and warlock are dope together. Fox should just restart the mutant universe with this cast.

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
When everyone else is severely underpowered, and you don't know how to make due with a whack character, you do that.
Are they really gonna make Carol stronger than Hulk and Thor(hell even Doctor Strange) just to try to make her relevant? :why:

Breh Marvel got me disliking Captian Marvel more and more in Comics, TV, and now it looks like in film as well :scust:

They trying to hard to try to make her cool and important :dahell:

If she the one that is give Thanos the most challenge in the MCU I'm gonna give Marvel the :camby:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
If they reboot they need to start fresh with New Mutants. Don't have anything in the movie connecting to the X-Men, Wolverine, The Professor etc. Just let it be it's own thing. They also need to come up with a new style because that practical wires shyt that Singer is known for is played out like those old school Kung Fu movies. Same goes with their visual FX team, every big scale battle looks small scale and done in front of a green screen. Even fukking Deadpool's 3rd act on the boat looked better than XMA's 3rd act and they barely had any movie. I mean your comp. is putting out this

The only thing real in this photo are the people and the roofs which are literally a couple feet off the ground
batman-v-superman-trailer-027.jpg

There's only 4 real props in this shot which was shot on a sound stage, everything else is CG
1534637718860683846.gif

Then we get this shyt :mjlol: looking like the SyFy channel
world-trade-center-x-men-apocalypse.png

Fox needs to shell out some money for a better VFX house

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I saw the first few X-Men movies as a kid (barely remember them) and I saw First Class in theaters, but haven't seen any of the rest of the X-Men movies.

Are they worth watching from start to finish?

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I definitely don't want a reboot. There are entirely too many X-Men. They could continue the stories with new players, but recast certain roles. It's not like any shine was given to anyone other than Wolverine (20 movies) and and the Fassbender, McAvoy and Lawrence. You have Blue/Gold teams, X-Factor, Excalibur, Starjammers, Young X-Men, ANAD, Morlocks...endless rosters.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
They need some fresh blood to come to this franchise. I've said it before but I will keep saying it. The X-Men movies biggest problem is that they or at least Singer don't want to embrace being a comic book movie.

Plus, most movies aren't even X-Men movies, more like Wolverine & the X-Men movies.

With Hugh Jackman leaving for good, I'm really curious how the X-Men films will do financially.

Deadpool saved them because Apocalypse was a big drop off compared to DOFP.