Frederick Douglass was an anti-black c00n

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
His pro-black achievements:
  • Became a leader in the abolitionist movement
  • Published influential autobiography “Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave," providing many white people's first account of his life in slavery, detailing the brutalities he experienced and witnessed.
  • Traveled across the U.S. and even internationally given speeches about the horrors black people faced in America
  • Founded an abolitionist newspaper
  • Broke barriers by holding various government positions, becoming one of the first African Americans to attain high-ranking roles in the U.S. government.
  • Used his platform to denounce segregation, racial violence, and the denial of civil rights to African Americans. He argued passionately for equal treatment under the law, educational opportunities, and economic justice.

His anti-black achievements:

• Married a white woman

Therefore, Frederick Douglass cannot be considered pro-black, point blank.

Daps
I get the point. I struggle with some of my brothers and sisters that marry CACs but try to fight for the black family.

Bottomline is marrying and breeding with CACs weakens our dna. You can breed the blackness out of existence in 2 generations.

It’s not beneficial.

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
In my experience, the black folks with the loudest opinions on interracial dating tend to be the ones doing the least for the community, so I don't take them seriously. Their stance is very short-sighted and emotional in my view.

The main focus should be on instilling in your children, whether biracial or monoracial, with (a) knowledge of black history, (b) pride in their black ancestry, and (c) an awareness of the social climate in this country toward blacks. If you're not doing that, you failed your children and your community, no matter what the race of your partner is.

Last edited:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
I have respect for Frederick Douglas however maybe because I took Black girls and feminism which was a high elective for all of us Africana Studies majors I never liked the way he talked about his mother. That being said anybody calling him a c00n is ridiculous. Frederick Douglas is one of the most accomplished scholars in Black American history

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
I have respect for Frederick Douglas however maybe because I took Black girls and feminism which was a high elective for all of us Africana Studies majors I never liked the way he talked about his mother. That being said anybody calling him a c00n is ridiculous. Frederick Douglas is one of the most accomplished scholars in Black American history

His relationship with his mother was interesting. I was just researching her the other day. He said he never even saw her in the light of day.

Gloxwencha

On @Gloxina Neck
Daps
Reppin
Miami

I did not know know Douglas pulled a Skip Gates.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
His relationship with his mother was interesting. I was just researching her the other day. He said he never even saw her in the light of day.
I did not know know Douglas pulled a Skip Gates.
Yep. It’s a double edge sword. Like his mom wasn’t available to him because of the horrific slave conditions she worked as a caretaker for white families but she tried everything to give him an opportunities but he can’t even remember joyous occasions with her . It’s a broken “Homeplace” and Frederick was stuck

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England