French Montana Charging Rappers $100,000 A Feature (Hook) (Good Lord)

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
People like his hooks and paying him 100k to give you a catchy one is well worth it for some of these guys.

Plenty of people when they get hot would demand money like this.

exactly and that's because it's based on the market demand and desperation

.....alot of indy cats or guys with that "budget" will spend whatever "trap money" they got to get that hook or feature that could possibly garnish them some airplay or a potential hit record......or at best to use as leverage in negotiating a deal with a major label.

apparantly he knows his worth to alot of these "looking for a come up" rappers and singers.....

to us as fans and "coli experts" HE AIN'T WORTH IT.....AND I AGREE......

but in today's market......the connect alone is worth alot

i know cats getting stacks for just consulting...cause the politics is so extreme these days

although if i was managing an artist i wouldn't agree to those terms cause it's still too pricey considering ..his hooks and features ain't a GURANTEED "WIN"

HE AIN'T KANYE OR JAY Z :ufdup:

hell JADA wasn't even charging close to that in his prime:

You pay 30k for the 'Kiss (uh-huh) a 100 for The L. O. X. (yeah)
And if we cool, then I write a hook for a drop

Last edited:

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
exactly and that's because it's based on the market demand and desperation

.....alot of indy cats or guys with that "budget" will spend whatever "trap money" they got to get that hook or feature that could possibly garnish them some airplay or a potential hit record......or at best to use as leverage in negotiating a deal with a major label.

apparantly he knows his worth to alot of these "looking for a come up" rappers and singers.....

to us as fans and "coli experts" HE AIN'T WORTH IT.....AND I AGREE......

but in today's market......the connect alone is worth alot

i know cats getting stacks for just consulting...cause the politics is so extreme these days

although if i was managing an artist i wouldn't agree to those terms cause it's still too pricey considering ..his hooks and features ain't a GURANTEED "WIN"

HE AIN'T KANYE OR JAY Z :ufdup:

hell JADA wasn't even charging close to that in his prime:

You pay 30k for the 'Kiss (uh-huh) a 100 for The L. O. X. (yeah)
And if we cool, then I write a hook for a drop

I wouldn't pay 100k for a Jadakiss hook right now :yeshrug: Schoolboy Q probably paid over 100k for that OK OK OK OK OK OK Kanye verse........but because it's Kanye, it's in heavy rotation.....:yeshrug:

I would pay 100k for a French Montana hook that is on par with 'Aint Worried Bout Nothing' or 'Dont Panic' See above with Schoolboy Q.

Also, you can't clown French Montana for asking for 100k for a feature from other rappers who sit for an hour each album telling consumers how much money they have. You also can't clown a C-Styles on The Coli for being a clown for paying for features and clown French Montana for setting the bar high and taking advantage of his connections/name recognition. At that point you are just hating on business.

You are not paying 100k for just the French Montana hook. You are paying 100k for the association, the name recognition, and also the lyrics themselves. Hate to pick on C Styles here but if he had a song up with a "Feat. French Montana" 50x more people would listen to it.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
I wouldn't pay 100k for a Jadakiss hook right now :yeshrug: Schoolboy Q probably paid over 100k for that OK OK OK OK OK OK Kanye verse........but because it's Kanye, it's in heavy rotation.....:yeshrug:

I would pay 100k for a French Montana hook that is on par with 'Aint Worried Bout Nothing' or 'Dont Panic' See above with Schoolboy Q.

Also, you can't clown French Montana for asking for 100k for a feature from other rappers who sit for an hour each album telling consumers how much money they have. You also can't clown a C-Styles on The Coli for being a clown for paying for features and clown French Montana for setting the bar high and taking advantage of his connections/name recognition. At that point you are just hating on business.

You are not paying 100k for just the French Montana hook. You are paying 100k for the association, the name recognition, and also the lyrics themselves.

:whoa: im not arguing with that my dude

trust me i know the business well and yes RELATIONSHIPS created by that 100k will definitly validate it's worth....

that's the same point i was trying to make to a local unsigned artist from South Carolina whom was using me as a negotiator to secure a feature from a Platinum Atlanta rapper during the early 2000's.......

the lil homie couldn't comprehend that and got offended because he offered to pay the "platinum atl rapper" (whom i will not name) 70k to contribute a verse to a song he had on an upcoming album he was trying to pitch to a major label.

well the "platinum atl rapper" responded and i quote.." 70 thou?!?!?....n1gga i turn down shows for that amount ...he got me fukked up folk"

i had to relay this response back to the local cat...who took offense and vowed to not only record a DISS SONG exposing him (they had mutual friends) but also willing to take it to the STREETS on some :bustback: shyt

it got crazy...thank god cooler heads prevailed between both camps and was able to squash the misunderstanding before it erupted :whew:

but my point is THE DEPTH OF THE REAL RELATIONSHIP ...and the VALUE OF THE ASSOCIATION....

he ain't DIDDY nor BIRDMAN as far as mogul status...so don't act like u gonna boss up by linking with him :ufdup:

and as far as LYRICS...

come on CALI.....this is FRENCH MONTANA we talking about here....we ain't gonna get no DOPE BARS from this dude...just some funny adlibs and catchy phrases and hooks....

so that's why i question the 100k as being worth it for any artist lookin for that stimulus

check youtube breh...thier is a gang of FRENCH MONTANA features paid for by a gang of UNKNOWN and UNISGNED artists and it ain't got them NO WHERE..

look at this artist named ISHE he not only paid for FRENCH ..he also paid for a RAEKWON AND WALE feature as well....

and THIS RECORD AIN'T WENT NO WHERE :camby:

.so that is WHY THAT 100K pricetag is questionable ..and HE KNOW IT TOO..im pretty sure he has been "jewed down" or negotiated for less ....simply cause MONEY IS MONEY at the end of the day...so he ain't getting that 100k for every lick :manny:

its' just a NUMBER he puts out thier for the "desperate and ignorant" who feel they really need that

FRENCH knows the hustle....and he his hustling all the way to the bank to get 100k just for him to say Haaaaaaaaaaaan

:russ:

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
:whoa: im not arguing with that my dude

trust me i know the business well and yes RELATIONSHIPS created by that 100k will definitly validate it's worth....

that's the same point i was trying to make to a local unsigned artist from South Carolina whom was using me as a negotiator to secure a feature from a Platinum Atlanta rapper during the early 2000's.......

the lil homie couldn't comprehend that and got offended because he offered to pay the "platinum atl rapper" (whom i will not name) 70k to contribute a verse to a song he had on an upcoming album he was trying to pitch to a major label.

well the "platinum atl rapper" responded and i quote.." 70 thou?!?!?....n1gga i turn down shows for that amount ...he got me fukked up folk"

i had to relay this response back to the local cat...who took offense and vowed to not only record a DISS SONG exposing him (they had mutual friends) but also willing to take it to the STREETS on some :bustback: shyt

it got crazy...thank god cooler heads prevailed between both camps and was able to squash the misunderstanding before it erupted :whew:

but my point is THE DEPTH OF THE REAL RELATIONSHIP ...and the VALUE OF THE ASSOCIATION....

he ain't DIDDY nor BIRDMAN as far as mogul status...so don't act like u gonna boss up by linking with him :ufdup:

and as far as LYRICS...

come on CALI.....this is FRENCH MONTANA we talking about here....we ain't gonna get no DOPE BARS from this dude...just some funny adlibs and catchy phrases and hooks....

so that's why i question the 100k as being worth it for any artist lookin for that stimulus

check youtube breh...thier is a gang of FRENCH MONTANA features paid for by a gang of UNKNOWN and UNISGNED artists and it ain't got them NO WHERE..

look at this artist named ISHE he not only paid for FRENCH ..he also paid for a RAEKWON AND WALE feature as well....

and THIS RECORD AIN'T WENT NO WHERE :camby:

.so that is WHY THAT 100K pricetag is questionable ..and HE KNOW IT TOO..im pretty sure he has been "jewed down" or negotiated for less ....simply cause MONEY IS MONEY at the end of the day...so he ain't getting that 100k for every lick :manny:

its' just a NUMBER he puts out thier for the "desperate and ignorant" who feel they really need that

FRENCH knows the hustle....and he his hustling all the way to the bank to get 100k just for him to say Haaaaaaaaaaaan

:russ:

I know you know all this. I wasn't telling you as much as agreeing with you and pointing out to others reading why it's not some stupid idea. French Montana isn't for us breh. We are older. I can tell you people in their 20s, they rock with his hooks. He is on a ton of popular songs for a reason. Whether the record goes no where or not is beside the point. His hook is worth 100k right now.

You know how business works, you get what people are willing to pay. People are willing to pay him 100k for a hook.