French Montana says rappers who make albums with no features are weirdos

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
Despite him having an elite ear for beats, he is little more than an expert rap game Machiavelli and he knows without those excessive features he would probably be stuck on some New York stoop.

Does he have an elite ear for beats or has he always had the money and eventual clout to get tracks from good producers?

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
French Montana is Far From Finished
"Who sits there thinking about weird shyt like [going platinum with no features]? :gucci:" he says, incredulous. "Those people who put albums out by themselves are weirdos. Music is about having fun. If I'm chilling with A$AP Rocky, or chilling with Drake or The Weeknd and we record, and then I have to say, 'Look here, bro, I'm thinking about dropping this album just by myself.' Artists would stop fukking with you."

tumblr_inline_om9pplchmV1r3825d_500.gif

I read that in French's voice and found it comical, lol

straightcash

All Star
Daps
Does he have an elite ear for beats or has he always had the money and eventual clout to get tracks from good producers?

Breh if money was all it takes, every rapper would be recording joint-mixtapes with Juicy J & Project Pat, and features with the legends back when he was just underground.

And French don't really pay for features like that, his Excuse My French album had tons of guest spots (Scarface, Birdman, Mase, etc), but Max B was the only feat that was paid.

BO BARON

IT AIN'T $HIT!!!!
Daps
Reppin
Jackson, MS
Hes not lying i hate when idiots bytch about to many features if the album is dope the album is dope :camby:

I wouldnt call them weirdos but im not giving rappers props for not using features & going platinum :comeon:

Drake & Kendrick could go platinum without features & many other artist from the past & present

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm :dead: how these wack ass rappers nowadays try to control the narrative.

"I can't make an album without features because I'm fukking garbage....but I ain't the problem, it's those guys that can actually carry an entire project solo."

FOH, French. :camby:

Fred.

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
If a rapper can go platinum without piggybacking off other popular rappers I give them give him props. To hold the attention of a listener by themselves for a whole album takes talent and skill...unless I think they are artificial artist made up from the finest plant seeds a record label can produce....cough cough CHANCE cough......

Maybe French is right cause most geniuses are weirdos.

:yeshrug: