Fresh Kid Ice from 2 Live Crew passed away

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
RIP but lets not start with this whole he was GOAT/Legend shyt. Dude was apart of a booty music group led by Luke.

I'm co signing this.......whenever I would speak on 2 Live Crew on this site i would get crickets.....no one was talking this fake goat shyt like they are now. smh.

One day i did a thread dedicated to 2 live crews music.....and i had a female twerk in her bra and panties to Luke for the coli..the weirdos and haters flagged my shyt in 15 minutes.

:stopitslime:

1st Let me start by saying that Luke is a way better emcee then French Montana....Proof is in the 2 Live crew live in Arizona album being IMO the best live Hip Hop album ever! (eat your heart out KRS) That Live album they did forces your ears to be glued to the radio because of the crazy sh*t that Luke says out of his mouth. They would do songs and Luke did the intermissions to set up the next song....and those intermissions were sick...Luke really had the gift for holding the crowds attention even if it was content of the lowest moral denominator. Now that i have you're attention I would like to speak on that 1 time where the legendary Rakim jacked Luke's style. The topic of 2 Live Crew being the ones who started all those videos with chicks gyrating like skanks in bathing suits.

Prior to 2 Live crew no one was getting away with those kind of videos.....Acknowledgment should go to the ones who started it all....Before Nelly's "Tip Drill" and Luda's "!! poppin" u had 2 Live Crews' "Me So Horny" and "Pop That coochie".....
At first MTV had no problem playing "Me So Horny" in 1989 as long as it was at night...and the version they played was different from the official video which was only available thru cable public acccess or The Box. But when the more raunchier un editted "Pop That coochie" dropped, that video was banned on MTV. Why? because women were in bathing suits gyrating likechick chicks, which is the norm now but back in 1991...That wasnt happening. I remember Ed Lover from Yo MTV Raps would always mention how they couldnt play that video as a tease.....BET banned the video as well(they also banned Me So Horny and pretty anything 2 Live Crew related until the mid 90's)......the only one playing that "Pop That Coochie" video was "the Box." It was around this same time that 2 Live Crew started influencing Hip Hop because Nice and Smooth put out an alternative remix of "Hip Hop Junkies" called the spanish fly remix which lyrically and visually wasnt as suggestive as "Pop That Coochie" but the bathing suits and gyrating was there. Then in 1992, Luke went solo and dropped the classic strip club track "I wanna rock" aka "doo doo brown"

So i switched it up and had her get naked instead :shaq: .....with the intention of really pissing the haters and weirdos off ......flag this mother fukker

(.....2 Live Crew story continued)

The "I Wanna Rock" video was also banned by MTV and BET but by this time the flood gates were open. Sir Mix A Lot would put out "Baby Got back" which wasnt as raunchy but still suggestive and MTV only played that video at night. The miami based group The Dogs would release a video called "work it out" which looked exactly like a "pop that coochie" bite. Then something happened that real hip hop heads never saw coming. 2 Live Crew would go onto influence the god emcee Rakim in his comeback single and video "Dont Sweat The Technique" which included, you guessed it, women in bathing suits gyrating. Of course Rakims video was done with more class but the influence was there. By the end of 1992, 2 Live Crews influence was here to stay. Wrecks N Effect would put out "Rump Shaker" and the popularity of that video pretty much began the "women dancing half nak3d in bathing suits" trend in all future Hip Hop videos. Soon u had 2pacs "I get around" and MC Hammers "pumps in the bumps." 2 Live Crew went thru all types of legal troubles because of their music, including getting arrested for performing certain songs at shows down to having their albums considered illegal. People were actually getting arrested for selling a 2 Live Crew album. These boys put in work just so Hip Hop could have half nak3d women dancing likechicks in music videos. Its only right that we acknowledge these great pioneers.

The R Rated version

:smoker:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I'm co signing this.......whenever I would speak on 2 Live Crew on this site i would get crickets.....no one was talking this fake goat shyt like they are now. smh.

One day i did a thread dedicated to 2 live crews music.....and i had a female twerk in her bra and panties to Luke for the coli..the weirdos and haters flagged my shyt in 15 minutes.

:stopitslime:

So i switched it up and had her get naked instead :shaq: .....with the intention of really pissing the haters and weirdos off ......flag this mother fukker
This site is ran by trannies :scust:

Bugsmoran

Double HipHop O.G.
Daps
There is nothing backing this theory at all. No way in hell is the success of outkast and geto boys is because of 2 live crew. Outkast and geto boys sound nothing like 2 live. 2 live is just a party music making group that blew up and happened to be from the south in florida. That does not mean they paved the way for groups or rappers who sound nothing like them :comeon:
i think you're getting paving the way for somebody mixed up with influencing them

The Sugar Hill Gang paved the way for Nas and Jay z... even tho they don't sound nothing like them

Rappers Delight paved the way for everybody recording rap songs

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
i think you're getting paving the way for somebody mixed up with influencing them

The Sugar Hill Gang paved the way for Nas and Jay z... even tho they don't sound nothing like them

Rappers Delight paved the way for everybody recording rap songs

:what:

With your logic, every rapper before them paved the way for 2 live crew. Thats not the argument here

U basically saying there wouldnt be an outkast without 2 live crew. I call bullshyt on that

Bugsmoran

Double HipHop O.G.
Daps
:what:

With your logic, every rapper before them paved the way for 2 live crew. Thats not the argument here

U basically saying there wouldnt be an outkast without 2 live crew. I call bullshyt on that
I'll put it this way

Let's say a Backpack rapper from Boise Idaho drops a hit record tomorrow... then a couple years later a Trap rapper from Boise Idaho blows up with a hit record

Even tho their styles ain't the same it's gonna be clear that the backpack rapper paved the way for the Trap rapper because nobody was popping in Idaho until that backpacker came through

I'm pretty sure there really is rappers out in Idaho but nobody is checking for them because nobody from there blew up yet

Nobody was popping from the South until after 2 Live Crew got it popping

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I'll put it this way

Let's say a Backpack rapper from Boise Idaho drops a hit record tomorrow... then a couple years later a Trap rapper from Boise Idaho blows up with a hit record

Even tho their styles ain't the same it's gonna be clear that the backpack rapper paved the way for the Trap rapper because nobody was popping in Idaho until that backpacker came through

I'm pretty sure there really is rappers out in Idaho but nobody is checking for them because nobody from there blew up yet

Nobody was popping from the South until after 2 Live Crew got it popping

Geto boys were on their grind around the same time 2 live was out. That dont mean geto boys wouldnt pop if 2 live didnt make it. But whateva.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
RIP Breh.

So an Asian dude was out here fukcing a carload of bishes daily (going by the songs). Never really thought about it before but that's RARE.

Also. I had the Fresh Kid Ice solo joint in like 94? I remember forcing myself to listen to it, then getting up, ejecting the CD about halfway through, and just snapping that shyt in two.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
he was really Asian? mustve been mixed.

RIP

the group that put the south on the map.

Geto boys were on their grind around the same time 2 live was out. That dont mean geto boys wouldnt pop if 2 live didnt make it. But whateva.

2 live crew are the main reason why rappers, including the geto boys were able to say what they wanted.

Last edited: