"From Untelevised Undercard 2 Main Event in 1 year" Spence v Algeria PBC on NBC Apr 16 Fight Thread

Who Wins?

• Hyland somehow wins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smith wins by KO/Decision

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
The only thing I really wonder with Errol is his defense. Right now his agressiveness is basically his defense

Al was smart with the matchmaking, Algeri was the perfect choice (known name, boxer without one punch power)

I gotta see him in there with somebody that's more of a boxer-puncher before I can anoint him.

But the way he sits on all his punches, especially the body shots...that boy a beast

Didn't Mayweather say he was going to sign to Mayweather Promotions . . perhaps he can learn Mayweather's defense?

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Who tf has Chocolatito fought :dahell:
-Yutaka Niida (Champion at the time..... sure he wasn't one of the best at straw weight, but he ended his career and became champ)
-Katsunari Takayama (Former & Future champion...... again, probably not a top dawg but a legit challenger)
-Ramon Garcia Hirales (Former champion... stopped for the 1st time in his career, arguably top 10 guy, had just lost his title)
-Juan Francisco Estrada (Future champion and currently #2 or #3 at Flyweight... JFE blames the weight but gave him maybe the last tough fight he's been in)
-Francisco Rodriguez Jr (Future champion... currently still a player at Light Fly)
-Akira Yaegashi (Former, Future, and Champion at the time..... some viewed him as the #1 guy at Flyweight at that time, def in top 5)
-Edgar Sosa (Former champion... top 5-10 guy at the time yet... past his best)
-Brian Viloria (^^see above)

All of this while having an unusually high KO percentage for a fighter going from Straw weight to Flyweight, undefeated in 44 fights, again, another anomally (unless you're from Thailand and you fight a bunch of 5-4 guys...)

I don't agree with him being #1 P4P, but I do agree with having him on the list

...and Alexis Arguello's final protege :mjcry:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
-Yutaka Niida (Champion at the time..... sure he wasn't one of the best at straw weight, but he ended his career and became champ)
-Katsunari Takayama (Former & Future champion...... again, probably not a top dawg but a legit challenger)
-Ramon Garcia Hirales (Former champion... stopped for the 1st time in his career, arguably top 10 guy, had just lost his title)
-Juan Francisco Estrada (Future champion and currently #2 or #3 at Flyweight... JFE blames the weight but gave him maybe the last tough fight he's been in)
-Francisco Rodriguez Jr (Future champion... currently still a player at Light Fly)
-Akira Yaegashi (Former, Future, and Champion at the time..... some viewed him as the #1 guy at Flyweight at that time, def in top 5)
-Edgar Sosa (Former champion... top 5-10 guy at the time yet... past his best)
-Brian Viloria (^^see above)

All of this while having an unusually high KO percentage for a fighter going from Straw weight to Flyweight, undefeated in 44 fights, again, another anomally (unless you're from Thailand and you fight a bunch of 5-4 guys...)

I don't agree with him being #1 P4P, but I do agree with having him on the list

...and Alexis Arguello's final protege :mjcry:

My only issue with Chocolatito is I know for a fact these nikkas in here speaking his name ain't watch none of them fights you listed :russ:

But they'll name drop Chocolatito cuz HBO tells em to N then turn around N say who did Spence Beat :dead:

I got no problem with him being on the P4P list.... but the way he wasn't on any lists then jumped to #1 in less then a year coincidentally around the time HBO put him on tv :leostare:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
My only issue with Chocolatito is I know for a fact these nikkas in here speaking his name ain't watch none of them fights you listed :russ:

But they'll name drop Chocolatito cuz HBO tells em to N then turn around N say who did Spence Beat :dead:

I got no problem with him being on the P4P list.... but the way he wasn't on any lists then jumped to #1 in less then a year coincidentally around the time HBO put him on tv :leostare:
Absolutely ... Dan is HBO4Life

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Errol's bodywork is a beautiful thing to witness. Been a while since I've seen someone dig to the body like their shoveling a ditch.

Have to say too, it was a nice main event in consideration of that trash-fest prior to it. Browne and Kalajdzic was horrible. Their pay should be docked for that nonsense. That doesn't even take into consideration the ref calling a KD. That could have been the difference in the decision. Matter fact, even with the phantom KD, I still was leaning towards Kalajdzic. That gift decision is just as bad but not worse than the Guerrero/Martinez decision. Al Haymon getting his Don King/Arum fukkery on. Really the Browne/Kalajdzic fight should have been before the Glowacki/Cunningham fight. The sequencing on Saturday was bad because of that.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think TC is a far better boxer than AB and maybe a level or two ahead of Spence. Just when you factor in the experience alone.

Spence and TC both beat AB fairly easily imo.

TC and Spence is a great fight imo, but still a bit early for that. Gotta let that shyt marinate a little. Has potential to be a big fight.

Who you think comes out on top??

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
True but Porter is much better than Algeri (or anyone Spence has fought) and Brook handled him like easy work. Brook is a big solid WW and fights like a machine. As of right now Spence is used to people just folding under his power/skill. I would be interesting to see him in there against someone that he would have to respect more. It's easy as shyt to tee off on dudes who have nothing to offer in return.

:usure:?

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
And yeah, Spence is aptly titled "The Truth". Im not trying to hear anything about "bu-bu-but Algieri isn't that good", because in his only losses, he went 12 both times (Khan & Pac) and beat Prov with 1 eye. ALSO, people claimed Algieri could even give a lot of trouble, and in absurd cases (yes, yall nyggas was absurd saying that:ufdup:), BEAT Broner......yet Spence came out and flat dominated Algieri. It wasn't a close fight, wasn't any struggle shown, it wasn't nothing but pure domination from a young fighter facing someone who Pacquiao nor Prov could put away and Khan had a helluva time with.

That's not "passing a test", that's kicking down the wall like The Kool Aid Man and making a grand entrance into Top 5 at Welterweight:birdman:

Spence is the real deal, so casuals who are just scanning this thread, @Newzz is stamping him as legit. Not saying he's gonna go undefeated in his career, but Spence IS the real deal. Nobody is gonna have better than a 50/50 chance of beating Spence....not even Floyd or Manny:demonic:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
And yeah, Spence is aptly titled "The Truth". Im not trying to hear anything about "bu-bu-but Algieri isn't that good", because in his only losses, he went 12 both times (Khan & Pac) and beat Prov with 1 eye. ALSO, people claimed Algieri could even give a lot of trouble, and in absurd cases (yes, yall nyggas was absurd saying that:ufdup:), BEAT Broner......yet Spence came out and flat dominated Algieri. It wasn't a close fight, wasn't any struggle shown, it wasn't nothing but pure domination from a young fighter facing someone who Pacquiao nor Prov could put away and Khan had a helluva time with.

That's not "passing a test", that's kicking down the wall like The Kool Aid Man and making a grand entrance into Top 5 at Welterweight:birdman:

Spence is the real deal, so casuals who are just scanning this thread, @Newzz is stamping him as legit. Not saying he's gonna go undefeated in his career, but Spence IS the real deal. Nobody is gonna have better than a 50/50 chance of beating Spence....not even Floyd or Manny:demonic:

Agreed.

I don't know how anybody can shyt on what Spence did. Perfect coming out performance against a step up opponent if there ever was one.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY

I would give the 3 headed trinity monster Porter, Thurman, & Brook & slight edge over Spence at the moment. Only because of the experience factor & them having dealt with adversity more than Spence right now. We've seen how all 3 reacted in adverse situations but the jury is still out on Spence. But I still say he's a problem in the division though.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Agreed.

I don't know how anybody can shyt on what Spence did. Perfect coming out performance against a step up opponent if there ever was one.

Yep. It's nothing against Algieri, but when people give Algieri props on his talents...and then watch Spence come in and just step on his neck....only to come back and say Algieri wasnt all that, it's an automatic :comeon: from me:yeshrug:

We know Algieri wasn't a Top 3-5 fighter at 147, but he's never been dominated like he was on Saturday and he's faced 2 of the hardest punchers in the sport and just gave Khan all he can handle. Spence treated him like they weren't on the same level and that's HUGE for a young fighter in a step up fight.