"From Untelevised Undercard 2 Main Event in 1 year" Spence v Algeria PBC on NBC Apr 16 Fight Thread

Who Wins?

• Hyland somehow wins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smith wins by KO/Decision

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Yep. It's nothing against Algieri, but when people give Algieri props on his talents...and then watch Spence come in and just step on his neck....only to come back and say Algieri wasnt all that, it's an automatic :comeon: from me:yeshrug:

We know Algieri wasn't a Top 3-5 fighter at 147, but he's never been dominated like he was on Saturday. Spence treated him like they weren't on the same level and that's HUGE for a young fighter in a step up fight.

Exactly.

I said from the beginning, that this fight was all wrong for Algieri and that'd he lose, but even then I didn't think he get washed like that. nikkas just gotta learn to give props when it's due.

Spence is definitely a player at 147. I wanna see him beat a banger like Chaves before he's thrown in there with the likes of Swift, Thurman, Brook, etc....

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Exactly.

I said from the beginning, that this fight was all wrong for Algieri and that'd he lose, but even then I didn't think he get washed like that. nikkas just gotta learn to give props when it's due.

Spence is definitely a player at 147. I wanna see him beat a banger like Chaves before he's thrown in there with the likes of Swift, Thurman, Brook, etc....

I'd say give him the winner of Provodnikov/Molina Jr or Diego Chaves in late September, and if he passes that test with flying colors, we know his chin is cool and he can deal with rough house tactics.

Him vs Brook should be early 2017 at latest (and that's due to the fact that the mandatory is due 9 months from today)

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I'd say give him the winner of Provodnikov/Molina Jr or Diego Chaves in late September, and if he passes that test with flying colors, we know his chin is cool and he can deal with rough house tactics.

Him vs Brook should be early 2017 at latest (and that's due to the fact that the mandatory is due 9 months from today)

Perfect plan breh. Only thing I'd add to that is to put the next Spence step up fight on the undercard of a Brook/EuroCac card and really drum up the interest for the fight.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
And yeah, Spence is aptly titled "The Truth". Im not trying to hear anything about "bu-bu-but Algieri isn't that good", because in his only losses, he went 12 both times (Khan & Pac) and beat Prov with 1 eye. ALSO, people claimed Algieri could even give a lot of trouble, and in absurd cases (yes, yall nyggas was absurd saying that:ufdup:), BEAT Broner......yet Spence came out and flat dominated Algieri. It wasn't a close fight, wasn't any struggle shown, it wasn't nothing but pure domination from a young fighter facing someone who Pacquiao nor Prov could put away and Khan had a helluva time with.

That's not "passing a test", that's kicking down the wall like The Kool Aid Man and making a grand entrance into Top 5 at Welterweight:birdman:

Spence is the real deal, so casuals who are just scanning this thread, @Newzz is stamping him as legit. Not saying he's gonna go undefeated in his career, but Spence IS the real deal. Nobody is gonna have better than a 50/50 chance of beating Spence....not even Floyd or Manny:demonic:
:russ:I hope they feed Spence to manny. Overacting y'all doing over this slow nikka :mjlol:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Yep. It's nothing against Algieri, but when people give Algieri props on his talents...and then watch Spence come in and just step on his neck....only to come back and say Algieri wasnt all that, it's an automatic :comeon: from me:yeshrug:

We know Algieri wasn't a Top 3-5 fighter at 147, but he's never been dominated like he was on Saturday and he's faced 2 of the hardest punchers in the sport and just gave Khan all he can handle. Spence treated him like they weren't on the same level and that's HUGE for a young fighter in a step up fight.

Damn near took his jab away from him from the jump. It took Manny a few rounds to do it and this Algieri is better than the one Pacman fought. :francis:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Just rewatched this fight & Algeria did himself no favors by fighting the totally wrong fight. It would've been the same outcome regardless to me but he might've lasted longer. He was constantly bending giving up his height & reach to a smaller guy. He should've been mixing the sweeping right instead of just trying to throw it down the middle because he became predictable in his attack. He was jabbing nice to the body at first & abandoned that which made his ability to land his straight right harder. He couldn't consistently get out of the way of the straight left. Credit Spence because it probably had more to do with Algeria underestimating his speed & strength probably

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Just rewatched this fight & Algeria did himself no favors by fighting the totally wrong fight. It would've been the same outcome regardless to me but he might've lasted longer. He was constantly bending giving up his height & reach to a smaller guy. He should've been mixing the sweeping right instead of just trying to throw it down the middle because he became predictable in his attack. He was jabbing nice to the body at first & abandoned that which made his ability to land his straight right harder. He couldn't consistently get out of the way of the straight left. Credit Spence because it probably had more to do with Algeria underestimating his speed & strength probably

Spence never allowed Algieri to get comfortable and implement a game plan. Dude just got consumed by a blender full of punches. :mjlol:

All the bending up and down Chris was doing was bad, but I think he was doing that to block body shots and avoid the hooks and shots to the head. They just came so often that he ended up overdoing it, which in turn limited his own offense. Pressure busts pipes. Nobody ever really attacked Algieri like that before. Yeah Spence is methodical like Ruslan, Manny, Khan, etc...in the sense that they all come forward to get you, but they never had that work rate or consistent intensity behind it.

I thought the Pac fight could have been stopped, but even then Manny let Algieri breathe a bit. Ruslan didn't go to the body enough, and Khan was too busy running and trying not to get KO'ed to pressure swarm Algieri. Spence wasn't having any of that shyt and constantly stepped to dude with heat for the body and the head.

Spence/Algieri was this year's version of Porter/Malinaggi

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Timing > Speed.

We've already seen that it only takes 1 perfectly placed punch to turn Manny's lights off.....:deadmanny:

:yeshrug:
Compare a nikka who best win is Chris algeri to one of the greatest mexican fighters ever:russ:, breh.

Like I said please stunt this nikkas growth by throwing him to wolves far too early. :mjlol:

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Chris taking this fight sealed his fate as a gate keeper.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

Thank you, that was my biggest gripe from the start with this fight.

Algieri was straight stepping stool status for dude. Chris ain't beating anybody more talented than him and with technical skills to boot. We saw the limitations against Pac and that was a past it Manny. The Pac from the Margarito fight brutally stops Algieri.

Algieri should fight a couple of lower tier guys like Joseito Lopez or Aron Martinez on the comeback trail, but they'll prolly throw him in there against Swift or Thurman/Porter :snoop:

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Thank you, that was my biggest gripe from the start with this fight.

Algieri was straight stepping stool status for dude. Chris ain't beating anybody more talented than him and with technical skills to boot. We saw the limitations against Pac and that was a past it Manny. The Pac from the Margarito fight brutally stops Algieri.

Algieri should fight a couple of lower tier guys like Joseito Lopez or Aron Martinez on the comeback trail, but they'll prolly throw him in there against Swift or Thurman/Porter :snoop:
Yeah Chris is cashing himself out. And that gamelan against Spence was retarded.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Yeah Chris is cashing himself out. And that gamelan against Spence was retarded.

That's the thing everybody keeps overlooking, there really wasn't any type of game plan out there that Chris could of used to win.

Styles make fights and Chris was outgunned before the contract was signed.

Spence....

-hits harder
-is quicker
-solid skill foundation
-gotten world class sparring
-physically stronger
-good enough chin to take shots from light hitting boxers
-less wear and tear

Pretty much held every advantage.

Algieri only had experience to draw from and that never came into play since he got swarmed from the beginning and was forced to play defense.

Just like how some cats say Gatti shouldn't have tried to box Floyd. Well, Floyd is better in every single category so someone like Gatti could have slugged it out and still gotten his ass kicked brutally. If Gatti would have opened up to exchanged with Floyd, he would have gotten clipped nasty.

In order for gameplans to work, you gotta first be able to match up with your opponent. If none of your strengths can expose their flaws, you pretty much fukked. You can have the ghost of Eddie Futch, Steward, and Cus in Wade's corner and he'll still prolly lose and lose big to Golovkin. Now you put that same corner behind Jacobs or Canelo and well they have a fighting chance and could possibly win

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

And to think ppl thought algieri was some kind of white hope going into this fight :russ:

But if chris is going to have any kind of career that doesn't turn him into another jobber to the stars like ghost or miguel vazquez.. he takes at least 2 for the rest of the year. Low profile fights on shobox or pbc on fs2 then get back in the mix.