Full body 5×week vs push pull legs

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
No way your intensity is high then. Squatting 5xWeek with moderate weight on top of everything else you're doing is death.

False again. :francis:

By decreasing microcycle volume and increasing frequency it's actually easier to maintain and increase intensity.

Intensity is relatively high but volume is completely autoregulated. Only doing singles, doubles, and triples is the key.

Google The Bulgarian Method for powerlifting if you need more clarification.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
False again. :francis:

By decreasing microcycle volume and increasing frequency it's actually easier to maintain and increase intensity.

Intensity is relatively high but volume is completely autoregulated. Only doing singles, doubles, and triples is the key.

Google The Bulgarian Method for powerlifting if you need more clarification.

How often do you deload?

But yeah, if you're doing just singles and doubles and that's it, that's not going to really kill you. I thought you meant full on moderate to high volume, moderate to high intensity full body stuff.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
How often do you deload?

But yeah, if you're doing just singles and doubles and that's it, that's not going to really kill you. I thought you meant full on high volume moderate to high intensity full body stuff.

Inaccurate. Those singles at 100+% 1RM will humble you. The doubles and triples are just for additional volume.

For example, I just hit 92% of my sleeved squat PB for a single, did a couple doubles at
67% PB, warmed up for bench and had to stop myself from going over 94% for a single and am working through lighter triples.

Sumo dadlifts are next. :ehh:

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Inaccurate. Those singles at 100+% 1RM will humble you. The doubles and triples are just for additional volume.

For example, I just hit 92% of my sleeved squat PB for a single, did a couple doubles at
67% PB, warmed up for bench and had to stop myself from going over 94% for a single and am working through lighter triples.

Sumo dadlifts are next. :ehh:

What are your stats?