FX & Donald Glover present Atlanta Season 2: Atlanta Robbin' Season

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Honestly have no problem with each episode having no overt tie-in with each other. Might actually limit what he's trying to do here.

Even then, there was still the overarching plots regarding Earn & Van's relationship, Earn and Al's relationship, Al coming to terms with his heightened celebrity, and Earn coming to terms with his whole life (ep.1 Katt Williams convo set the stage). Outside of that, we got hilarious and thought provoking content that resonates with AA culture. I'll take 10 seasons of this.

Oh and,

Yoo-hoo :stylin:

kwazzy100

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
That's some twitter shyt. They wrote philosophy books based off Friends and Seinfeld, I'm supposed to believe they're really deep like that too huh?

I've noticed that the series had deeper meaning in it when I saw the teddy perkins episode. It can't be a show about random shyt. Look carefully

A1aaa

Respectful Fade Runner & Card Puller
Daps
This is prolly the series finale tbh.

agreed. a large part of the show's appeal was glover's nuanced take of life for them in the "new atlanta." an entire season where they're in europe would lack those elements.

unless season 3 pops off post-tour, i dont see how it makes sense to continue the story arc in europe.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Paperboi had never any true intent to firing him, but he did want to show Earn that he's fukking up and threatening him will give him a wake-up call. Earn's family and the sole reason why Paperboi is where he currently at the position where he's on the verge to be more than a local rapper.. Paperboi's rise is all accredited to Earn. Wouldn't make sense to fire the sole person who got you from doing rap as a hobby to slowly becoming known internationally. Both of them were learning the process along the way.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
It might come back if for no other reason than Donald's brother Stephen is getting to eat really well off of it. I would be surprised if the show doesn't come back. I mean they brought Better Things and Baskets back and both shows have much worse ratings and lower critical acclaim.

FX will keep any show around for however long they want if it's a proven success. Look at shows like Louie. Dude was taking two and three years off between seasons as he got more famous. Sunny in Philadelphia is doing the same thing. Donald Glover at the point where he can write his own ticket as far as this show and the deal at FX goes.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I will still support the show next season but this season wasn't that enjoyable I only liked the episode with Childish playing that role as the old man.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Paperboi had never any true intent to firing him, but he did want to show Earn that he's fukking up and threatening him will give him a wake-up call. Earn's family and the sole reason why Paperboi is where he currently at the position where he's on the verge to be more than a local rapper.. Paperboi's rise is all accredited to Earn. Wouldn't make sense to fire the sole person who got you from doing rap as a hobby to slowly becoming known internationally. Both of them were learning the process along the way.

The FUBU episode is basically saying hey look out for each other. It was a flashback but solved their current situation. He never fired him

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
:what:

Why are y'all saying that would be a fitting Series Finale? If the show ended on that note, that would fukking suck

the audience just wanted to see the crew stay together and succeed. the finale gave us exactly that, and while being left fairly open ended, we can presume that Al's career is finally taking off (fitting the last scene is on a plane.)

The show can continue with more seasons, but what is Atlanta when paperboy makes it out of... Atlanta? Seems like the crew packed their shyt up and is ready to move on.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
the audience just wanted to see the crew stay together and succeed. the finale gave us exactly that, and while being left fairly open ended, we can presume that Al's career is finally taking off (fitting the last scene is on a plane.)

The show can continue with more seasons, but what is Atlanta when paperboy makes it out of... Atlanta? Seems like the crew packed their shyt up and is ready to move on.
:mjcry: