Game Of The Year nominees : 2 PS4 Games, 2 Switch Games, 1 PC Game, 0 Xbox

Daps
Reppin
Old School Players to New School Fools
You can’t clearly vote against Zelda if you haven’t played it.
Anybody that’s played it through vs the others will go with Zelda.
I think it’s set boundaries ... forget what’s got the best graphics and even music. The Zelda experience is a life event.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
You can’t clearly vote against Zelda if you haven’t played it.
Anybody that’s played it through vs the others will go with Zelda.
I think it’s set boundaries ... forget what’s got the best graphics and even music. The Zelda experience is a life event.
That I literally :russell: through 75% of the time.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
You honestly played through a yawned?
It’s the space that’s makes it the life experience.

It’s abnormal for a computer game.
Worth buying a switch for and then some.
IMO (of course) Zelda BOTW is grossly over rated.
For better or worse, the game is incredibly large with no direction. In that large world, you come across the same 3 or 4 enemies, very little interaction with NPCs (and the one's you do interact with a not important), weapon/shield damage is handled poorly (they should have had a repair/upgrade mechanic in place similar to skyrim), the "dungeons" were uninspired and took little thought to solve, and the bulk of game (probably 80% of the game's content) is shrine puzzles that are of no consequence to the core game which essentially consists of 4 "dungeons", 4 boss fights (none of which offered any challenge) and a final fight with Ganon.
All the cool stuff you can do on the side is nice, but when it holds no bearing to core game it becomes pointless (to me). Some people love getting lost in the game's world, traveling back and forth, making tree stumps rocket across the map, etc. etc. For me, I couldn't care less about any of that.
My time is limited and when I'm playing a game, I want to get straight to the core content (the story campaign). If there are side missions, make it stuff that greatly improves the core content, not stuff that whether I have it or not, the game will play exactly the same, and offer the same exact challenge.
A lot of people LOVE Zelda BOTW.
I think it's a decent game, but it stripped the soul of Zelda, which was primarily known for several complex dungeons, weapons and items that were necessary to progress through the story, and epic boss fights.

On the other hand, Mario Odyssey did everything right.
They made a game with a ton of new features not previously seen in mario games, while still keeping the soul of the game intact.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
For better or worse, the game is incredibly large with no direction. In that large world, you come across the same 3 or 4 enemies, very little interaction with NPCs (and the one's you do interact with a not important), weapon/shield damage is handled poorly (they should have had a repair/upgrade mechanic in place similar to skyrim), the "dungeons" were uninspired and took little thought to solve, and the bulk of game (probably 80% of the game's content) is shrine puzzles that are of no consequence to the core game which essentially consists of 4 "dungeons", 4 boss fights (none of which offered any challenge) and a final fight with Ganon.
All the cool stuff you can do on the side is nice, but when it holds no bearing to core game it becomes pointless (to me). Some people love getting lost in the game's world, traveling back and forth, making tree stumps rocket across the map, etc. etc. For me, I couldn't care less about any of that.
My time is limited and when I'm playing a game, I want to get straight to the core content (the story campaign). If there are side missions, make it stuff that greatly improves the core content, not stuff that whether I have it or not, the game will play exactly the same, and offer the same exact challenge.
I think it's a decent game, but it stripped the soul of Zelda, which was primarily known for several complex dungeons, weapons and items that were necessary to progress through the story, and epic boss fights.

They made a game with a ton of new features not previously seen in mario games, while still keeping the soul of the game intact.
Yup, I agree. BOTW got boring and seemed lifeless. I couldn't even finish it.

Mario though, that is a good game

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I agree.

I stopped playing Zelda after I did the first dungeon(Zora) but then I picked it up a few months later and I was having fun. I think the best parts are when you're first getting to a new region/city and shyt. I loved Rito village as that felt more akin to a Zelda game but the dungeons and boss fights weren't really good imo.

I felt like the random shyt that happens throughout the game are at times better than the actual story content. like I had better boss battles with those huge rock monsters or the black hinox rather than Blight Ganon. It's a great game if you like to explore and find out shyt but if you're straight forward you'll be bored probably.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Yup, I agree. BOTW got boring and seemed lifeless. I couldn't even finish it.

Mario though, that is a good game

I agree.

I stopped playing Zelda after I did the first dungeon(Zora) but then I picked it up a few months later and I was having fun. I think the best parts are when you're first getting to a new region/city and shyt. I loved Rito village as that felt more akin to a Zelda game but the dungeons and boss fights weren't really good imo.

I felt like the random shyt that happens throughout the game are at times better than the actual story content. like I had better boss battles with those huge rock monsters or the black hinox rather than Blight Ganon. It's a great game if you like to explore and find out shyt but if you're straight forward you'll be bored probably.
Zelda BOTW is a polarizing game.
It did a lot of things exceptionally well such as the physics, the size of the world, the amount of collectibles, and more.
My probably is (and I'm sure there are many others like Ciggavelli who feel the same) all that additional content feels pointless because it doesn't directly tie into the main story like it did in previous Zelda games. It's great for a game to have side missions, but for me, that can't be the bulk of the content, and in Zelda BOTW it's literally about 15% story/main campaign and 85% filler. You don't need a lot of hearts, or stamina, to defeat any of the bosses. Maybe my age, life, attention span, or what ever is to blame. I don't know. But when I play a game these days I'm more concerned about the story content. I want my gaming time to have meaning, if you follow me. That's why I'm not a huge online gamer. I don't connect with the sense of achievement others feel with getting prestige level whatever in call of duty. I get a sense of accomplishment and enjoyment out of beating the final boss and seeing the end credits. All that other stuff is nice, but not necessary to me. I guess that's why Destiny 2 connected with me so well for 80 hours like it has. That whole time, I was working for, and seeing substantial progress towards a specific goal that tied into the story.

Last edited: