GamesIndustry.biz reports Nintendo are "deep in conversation" with three studios to license out IP

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

First, there's the expansion of its internal development capacity. It's launching a new development centre and ramping up recruitment to react to the fact that its games are taking longer to make and requiring bigger teams to make them.

I also know that Nintendo is actively meeting with independent developers to find new partners. Some of that is around publishing indie games, which Nintendo does from time-to-time, but it's also seeking studios that could work on some of its IP. Nintendo regularly works with third-party teams, including Bandai Namco, Team Ninja, Platinum Games, MercurySteam, WayForward and Grezzo. But the company is looking to add to that roster, and I know of three studios that are deep in conversation around making games based on Nintendo brands.

But for me, the biggest opportunity for Nintendo remains digital. Nintendo's digital business, which encompasses everything from its Mario Kart DLC to the Nintendo Switch Online subscription service to direct game sales via the eShop, grew substantially over the Switch generation. Yet compared to its rivals, the company remains more than a few steps behind in this space.

This will probably allow Nintendo pump out more games consistently from their popular characters. Who knows but this is major

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Xbox publishes their game on a different platform

"Must be going 3rd party"

Nintendo licensing out 3rd party support.

"They been doing this"

mega64-shigeru-miyamoto.gif

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You think Zelda or Mario are releasing on a different platform? These 2 things ain’t the same

:mjlol:
Funny enough they both have.

But I'm sure "that doesn't count" or it's not the same will be applied.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Funny enough they both have.

But I'm sure "that doesn't count" or it's not the same will be applied.
You heard it here first. Zelda on CDI and Super Mario Run are the same as M$ possibly releasing games on competing consoles.

Just admit you fukked up and keep it moving. There will be another topic to troll in the future.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You heard it here first. Zelda on CDI and Super Mario Run are the same as M$ possibly releasing games on competing consoles.

Just admit you fukked up and keep it moving. There will be another topic to troll in the future.
Just like I said.

Mario and Zelda have released on other platforms.

"It's not the same"

:comeon: