Gary Vee is an Agent and rappers better stay away from him

Daps
Some of y'all nikkaz pathetic with this anti cac hate. It's one thing recognizing how the system is designed to be discriminatory towards black males and that most cacs do harbor ill feelings towards blacks, however some of y'all the type to shyt on cacs like Bill Gates who have done more for Africa than a lot of black leaders in Africa combined, fools who looted from their own people while a tech geek cac put practically all his personal money towards helping that continent out. I only seen one interview with Gary and I don't know much about his hustles and their history to comment on their successes, all I can say is he just appeared to me as a cac who enjoys hip hop and the culture, at no point did I get the sense that he tried to portray himself or come off as someone from the culture.

You sound like a bedwench.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
He gives out a LOT of solid business advice that young black artists/minds WITHIN the culture should be taking full advantage of.

You gotta separate the message from the messenger at times like this if you’re worried about shyt like him being an “agent”.

A lot and I do mean a LOT of the tactical stuff he puts out on his YouTube vlog legitimately works. .. especially for creatives

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
What happened to the days when CEO’s just remained out the way and counted their bread. Now they wanna be all in the video.

Internet/social. Can’t just run some ads and hope for the best like ceo’s Used to

People primarily buy from people they know/like now.

That’s why so many brands have social media managers etc now.

Wendy’s is winning because of their Twitter for instance

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
something about him makes my skin crawl.

what is with these 40 and upwards (usually white) business owners, finance guys, real estate guys that are pivoting to attention seeking youtubers and motivational speakers ? i blame Joe Rogan.

recently saw that Million Dollar Listing NY's Ryan Serhant has become one of them.
was kind of surprised at first even though it makes absolute perfect sense that he'd go in that direction.

Its simple. When the real hustle dries up they all want to teach YOU how to get rich. The seminars and master classes start coming out when their normal hustle starts to slow down

With someone like Gary V you can tell hes coming from a good sincere place. Hes obviously passionate about helping people self actualize and he enjoys putting people on. its not hard to tell him apart from professional dream sellers

When you see someone like Envy trying to teach you (at a cost of course) how to flip houses, or Fat Joe hawking MLM garbage, or guys like Tai Lopez selling Bitcoin masterclasses during the all-time high while never mentioning BTC before, ever...Stay away

But some of these dudes are actually passionate about putting people on and want to share their methods and habits and stuff. Illmind is one of these dudes - hes turned into the Gary V of music production, and his main personal hustle (getting beat placements) has skyrocketed as a result - because the content hes putting out to help people get on, has raised his profile and his energy and made him more successful. I think Gary V experiences the same success cycle

The dream selling hustle is deplorable. But its easy to tell who the bad actors are. Fat Joe, for one, should be locked up for promoting scams and selling empty dreams

jilla82

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Y'all boys sound crazy as hell...

I'm only posting this because I'm about to fly out from the Bay and a few street dudes was telling me how they listen to Gary Vee and got some great insight and are about to rock out in some ventures...

I do real life business. I just spoke at Yelp offices a week ago on invite. Gary Vee is GIVING the game away and real tangible ideas and concepts that a lazy ass gotta do onbthier own instead of worry about what his daddy gave him or what rapper he is sitting with.

I don't agree with 100% of what he says but I 100% respect him because he has a real business with real investments and an agency in NYC with 100 employees and REAL clients (I work in agency field)

You can't fake that. Those Tai Lopozes flex lame stuff like wealth and cars but have no tangible business but sell you "classes", when Gary Vee gives you the game for a Youtube subscription, sells his speaking tours to big busineeses and agency work to the Nikes of the world, and you can buy his books if you feel like it. That's dope.

Im a bit on 10 right now, but again, I've spent 5 str8 days building brands and ideas with this city and I get on the Coli and some dudes are clowning instead of learning and helping each other grow. If you are black get your ish together, we don't need to be talking about culture vultures we need to learn and grow ideas and keep shining.

Stop with the chatty Patty weirdo stuff.
its not real game though...
...its just "work hard...cold call via instagram...use the internet to build a brand".

OP has a point...he's just using these cats in rap to suck up their fame to make himself bigger...
...he doesnt give a shyt about the music or the people.

He goes from clowns like Russ...to talking to NBA Youngboy right after he was on Twitter talking about "some women like to get beat...free my guy".

Daps
Y’all crazy, Gary vee never hidden the fact that he worked at his dads business, and literally just had more than a hundred thousand in his early twenties since he lived with his parents, never went out or partied at all, just saving cash from his job. After this, who gave him game ahead of everybody to invest in tech companies? He mastered his game, and literally drops a lot of gems for those who like some motivation. You don’t even gotta pay shyt to him. Watch some of his lectures on YouTube. I hate people that try to sell you the magic formula of money and success. Gary mostly focuses on keep going and lose your fear of taking risks in life.

Hov

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its not real game though...
...its just "work hard...cold call via instagram...use the internet to build a brand".

OP has a point...he's just using these cats in rap to suck up their fame to make himself bigger...
...he doesnt give a shyt about the music or the people.

He goes from clowns like Russ...to talking to NBA Youngboy right after he was on Twitter talking about "some women like to get beat...free my guy".

Bruh, what are you talking about? He talks about real tangible things.

Real quick, do you run a brand or business?

Again, I am not saying that GV is some God of business, but I am actually in a real business, and sit with small and medium businesses everyday, and he is talking exactly how we speak behind the scenes, when ideating.

And when I am working with super small startups, this is the info they need, and the exact questions they ask.

Who and why are trying to guess if Gary cares about rap music? Stop using your brain for dumb stuff bro...

And I def don't get the NBA Youngboy reference, but I'm pretty sure NBA is still cosigned by many actual rappers lol.

Finesse

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Gotham

Yo I hate when ya nikkas act stupid on purpose for the sake of arguments

Click on the video I posted and stop being dumb, this guy is in the video trying to keep a straight face for 10 mins listening to lil keed nonsensical rap meanderings

Then finesse's him into taking a picture with his sneakers "by accident" in the last 30 secs, Gary cool but to act like he is not profiting off rap culture is nonsense and the type of passive bullshyt that our people always let slide

You think Gary Vee is bumping lil keed and young thug on his off time? When he at the crib? Or when he is in his big exec meetings?

jilla82

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Bruh, what are you talking about? He talks about real tangible things.

Real quick, do you run a brand or business?

Again, I am not saying that GV is some God of business, but I am actually in a real business, and sit with small and medium businesses everyday, and he is talking exactly how we speak behind the scenes, when ideating.

And when I am working with super small startups, this is the info they need, and the exact questions they ask.

Who and why are trying to guess if Gary cares about rap music? Stop using your brain for dumb stuff bro...

And I def don't get the NBA Youngboy reference, but I'm pretty sure NBA is still cosigned by many actual rappers lol.

Yes bruh...mostly online...but ive been on my own since 2012.
So this is all I do...everyday.

Read what breh below you wrote.
Thats exactly what im talking about.
He sits down with some of these cats when they are high out of their mind...and the only thing he wants is to use their fame to further his name.

I dont hate dude...when I hear people praise him non stop I get the same feeling when I meet someone who says Drake is there favorite rapper...
...it just makes me feel like they arent really paying attention.

GV cannot know what its like to start from the bottom because he was able to gain his self esteem from playing around in his dads safety net.

Its not techniques people are missing...its mindset.
Are they going to be ready when that business fails? When their wife/girlfriend leaves them?

The video you posted can be summed up by my example in my OG post...work hard...cold call via instagram (or any social media platform)...use the internet to build a brand"

Again...I dont hate the dude...but he is the Drake of this social media business shyt.

IMO when youre really in the trenches of this business shyt Dan Kennedy and Dan Pena talk that 100% real shyt.
Im talking...what its like struggling when youre starting...family problems...getting money (how to get money), marketing, dealing with people...people ripping you off...etc....

But they arent trying to sell you a dream and act nice and PC for the camera.

GV is looking for fame...so he will entertain any and everything that will make him famous.
Not knocking him...I respect the game...everybody else is playing it.

Like...someone brought up Bill Gates doing good.
No doubt...he is doing a lot.
But him and Buffet are changing the narrative for their life story...its marketing.
People already forgot that Bill was known as a shark in the 90s...who didnt give a fuk about anybody...he wanted it all.

But now people see his as a nice old billionaire that only wants to give back.
Thats the game...and people dont see it.

Last edited:

jilla82

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
the internet
He using the culture to make his brand look cooler for sure

I wouldnt call him a "culture vulture" per se tho. I find it funny him doing "business meetings" with the likes of lil keed tho :pachaha:

yoooo...how can yall watch this and not laugh your ass off!?

Especially when GV is playing the music...he's like "I really like what youre saying, I think its really important"...and the next line is like "Im tired of these little bitty bytches lying on me" :mjlol: