Status
Not open for further replies.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
The narrative matters, and yes we need people with the farthest reaching voices to speak out.
"Speaking out" is an overused pandering tactic.

I judge it case by case.

For example; I don't want to see a billionaire "speaking out" about world hunger when they got enough bread to feed a small city for a year straight.

There's been just as many people "speaking out" when we lost Tray, Mike, Mr. Garner, Tamir, etc. and nothing's change

These rich/powerful need to do more than that

Alfred0Santana

I used to drop Lewinsky off at the White House.
Daps
:salute:Real shyt.

I really hope Lebron is planning something like this behind the scenes right now. Lebron has the reach to get athletes from all sports. If they ready to speak out is another question though.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
playing for and winning accolades for a country that doesnt care about you kind of defeats the purpose and makes the words hollow, wouldnt you say

everybody wants to be ali but nobody wants to be ali. our generation keeps taking L after L when compared to our ancestors
fukk all that. Observe what he's doing now instead of adding all of these additional qualifiers

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
"Speaking out" is an overused pandering tactic.

I judge it case by case.

For example; I don't want to see a billionaire "speaking out" about world hunger when they got enough bread to feed a small city for a year straight.

There's been just as many people "speaking out" when we lost Tray, Mike, Mr. Garner, Tamir, etc. and nothing's change

These rich/powerful need to do more than that

I agree, I don't believe that just using your voice is enough.

But it's not either/or. People can do both at the same time.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
fukk all that. Observe what he's doing now instead of adding all of these additional qualifiers
He's doing what everyone has been doing since trayvon. When he puts down the basketball he'll see more change than from an Instagram post with a couple thousand likes.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
He's doing what everyone has been doing since trayvon. When he puts down the basketball he'll see more change than from an Instagram post with a couple thousand likes.
Nope. Everyone haven't been doing what he's doing. Everyone is asking everyone else to stop worrying about endorsements.

No....don't wash this away as commonplace because you "just don't feel like."

Status
Not open for further replies.