GawdMelo Urges Athletes To Fight For Political Causes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony just posted a message to his Instagram page in which he asks his fellow professional athletes to become more politically active, instructing them to demand action from politicians and not to worry about losing endorsement deals.

Here is the full caption from Anthony’s Instagram post:

First off let me start off by saying “ All Praise Due To The Most High.” Secondly, I’m all about rallying, protesting, fighting for OUR people. Look I’ll even lead the charge, By Any Means Necessary. We have to be smart about what we are doing though. We need to steer our anger in the right direction.

The system is Broken. Point blank period. It has been this way forever. Martin Luther King marched. Malcolm X rebelled. Muhammad Ali literally fought for US. Our anger should be towards the system. If the system doesn’t change we will continue to turn on the TVs and see the same thing. We have to put the pressure on the people in charge in order to get this thing we call JUSTICE right. A march doesn’t work. We tried that. I’ve tried that. A couple social media post/tweet doesn’t work. We’ve all tried that. That didn’t work. Shooting 11 cops and killing 5 WILL NOT work. While I don’t have a solution, and I’m pretty sure a lot of people don’t have a solution, we need to come together more than anything at this time.

We need each other. These politicians have to step up and fight for change. I’m calling for all my fellow ATHLETES to step up and take charge. Go to your local officials, leaders, congressman, assemblymen/assemblywoman and demand change. There’s NO more sitting back and being afraid of tackling and addressing political issues anymore. Those days are long gone. We have to step up and take charge.

We can’t worry about what endorsements we gonna lose or whose going to look at us crazy. I need your voices to be heard. We can demand change. We just have to be willing to. THE TIME IS NOW. IM all in. Take Charge. Take Action. DEMAND CHANGE. Peace7

That's my 3 :to:

#knickstape

@DeeezNuts @Crown Bearer @BAMBA

@bravaDo

@SJUGrad13 @ikbm @Ironman @A.V. @I.V. @Zema @The War Report @Shogun @DPresidential @Collateral @Typical NY Fan @42 Monks @RickyGQ @seemorecizzy @SAJ!! @ISO @SprinceC @Harleminthe80s @God's Gift. @Derek Lee @Wargames @Mr. Jack Napier @The War Report @#SOG_soldier @Miles Davis @ghostoftheiceman @KnickstapeCity @Knicksman20 @N.Y. State of Mind @NY's #1 Draft Pick @pimpineasy @Playa With Tha Passport @God's Gift. @Man On Fire @storyteller @mbewane @Danie84 @PIFF101 @GunRanger @23Stapscity @A-Train @Hawaiian Punch @Talkofnewyork @A.V. @tremonthustler1 @El Jefe @g-ice @Rev @KologeroBx @Azul @WaveMolecules @Cory MBA @GetInTheTruck @radio rahiem @Columbo

@KnickstapeCity

@BoogieDown23 @Kitsch

@JMurder @Trip @Illuminatos @K-Deini @ZackMorris @hoodheronova @mvp_status @CapitalOne @NatiboyB @GollyImGully @Futuristic Eskimo @DirtyD @Frump @Captain_Crunch @ChemicalBk @JerseyFinest! @K-ZOE @Apollo Kid @3rdLetter @Carter G. Hoodson @ExodusNirvana @BXKingPin82 @N.Y. State of Mind @Big Blue @kurt @NYK Loyalist @nyknick @Carolina Slim @tru_m.a.c @Sampson @Thunder-Buddy @nyk_fatboy @Cold Blooded @Araña @ScoopNScore @obarth @GatorStaceyAdams @Mantle Drunk @Knicksman20 @knickscity @KnicksTape @Urbanmiracle @freddykruegeronapill @Rev @Henryflo1

@thatknickfan

@23Stapscity @Piffiztheanswer

@Jermaine Colington

Last edited:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony just posted a message to his Instagram page in which he asks his fellow professional athletes to become more politically active, instructing them to demand action from politicians and not to worry about losing endorsement deals.

Here is the full caption from Anthony’s Instagram post:

That's my 3 :to:

#knickstape

@DeeezNuts @Crown Bearer @BAMBA

@bravaDo

@SJUGrad13 @ikbm @Ironman @A.V. @I.V. @Zema @The War Report @Shogun @DPresidential @Collateral @Typical NY Fan @42 Monks @RickyGQ @seemorecizzy @SAJ!! @ISO @SprinceC @Harleminthe80s @God's Gift. @Derek Lee @Wargames @Mr. Jack Napier @The War Report @#SOG_soldier @Miles Davis @ghostoftheiceman @KnickstapeCity @Knicksman20 @N.Y. State of Mind @NY's #1 Draft Pick @pimpineasy @Playa With Tha Passport @God's Gift. @Man On Fire @storyteller @mbewane @Danie84 @PIFF101 @GunRanger @23Stapscity @A-Train @Hawaiian Punch @Talkofnewyork @A.V. @tremonthustler1 @El Jefe @g-ice @Rev @KologeroBx @Azul @WaveMolecules @Cory MBA @GetInTheTruck @radio rahiem @Columbo

@BoogieDown23 @Kitsch

@JMurder @Trip @Illuminatos @K-Deini @ZackMorris @hoodheronova @mvp_status @CapitalOne @NatiboyB @GollyImGully @Futuristic Eskimo @DirtyD @Frump @Captain_Crunch @ChemicalBk @JerseyFinest! @K-ZOE @Apollo Kid @3rdLetter @Carter G. Hoodson @ExodusNirvana @BXKingPin82 @N.Y. State of Mind @Big Blue @kurt @NYK Loyalist @nyknick @Carolina Slim @tru_m.a.c @Sampson @Thunder-Buddy @nyk_fatboy @Cold Blooded @Araña @ScoopNScore @obarth @GatorStaceyAdams @Mantle Drunk @Knicksman20 @knickscity @KnicksTape @Urbanmiracle @freddykruegeronapill @Rev @Henryflo1

@thatknickfan

@23Stapscity @Piffiztheanswer

@Jermaine Colington

Melo :salute: this is why I Stan him .

RicanHavok

Formerly Thunder-Buddy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Knicks, Yankees, Giants and The BX
tumblr_m9c6f4gF5I1qe82y6o1_500.png

Harleminthe80s

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
You know people ain't gonna like this.

I can see it now thousands of ignorant comment about shut up and just play your sport

They want you to be socially conscious without displaying that you're socially conscious or you just don't share their same views

:salute: to :salute: for encouraging athletes to use their influence to try to make a difference

无名的

Superstar
Daps
I beg to differ that social media cannot be effective. I'd say it's the most powerful tool an athlete has right now. There is no obligation for any athlete to use their status as a means for societal progress, but if they so choose, they need to be constantly on message on their social media. Posts here or there won't do shyt. Your "thoughts and prayers" when something happens is hollow.

Imagine if someone like LeBron became more engaged in the political process and identified politicians that are continuing to impede racial equality. Imagine him relentlessly calling out politicians by name on a daily basis to an audience of 31 million Twitter followers. All these scumbag politicians care about is maintaining power and if there's an organized effort by influencers on social media to standup to the continued maintenance of the status quo that is systemic racism, you don't think that will resonate?

I get it - you don't want to harm your brand or legacy. Athletes almost have to function like politicians. But if athletes decided to throw caution to the wind, there could be a serious impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.