GawdMelo Urges Athletes To Fight For Political Causes

Status
Not open for further replies.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
vHb9rAu.png
Just try to get us into the playoffs next season, breh....

vHb9rAu.png
#StayMe7o, brehs
Negged

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony just posted a message to his Instagram page in which he asks his fellow professional athletes to become more politically active, instructing them to demand action from politicians and not to worry about losing endorsement deals.

Here is the full caption from Anthony’s Instagram post:

That's my 3 :to:

#knickstape

@DeeezNuts @Crown Bearer @BAMBA

@bravaDo

@SJUGrad13 @ikbm @Ironman @A.V. @I.V. @Zema @The War Report @Shogun @DPresidential @Collateral @Typical NY Fan @42 Monks @RickyGQ @seemorecizzy @SAJ!! @ISO @SprinceC @Harleminthe80s @God's Gift. @Derek Lee @Wargames @Mr. Jack Napier @The War Report @#SOG_soldier @Miles Davis @ghostoftheiceman @KnickstapeCity @Knicksman20 @N.Y. State of Mind @NY's #1 Draft Pick @pimpineasy @Playa With Tha Passport @God's Gift. @Man On Fire @storyteller @mbewane @Danie84 @PIFF101 @GunRanger @23Stapscity @A-Train @Hawaiian Punch @Talkofnewyork @A.V. @tremonthustler1 @El Jefe @g-ice @Rev @KologeroBx @Azul @WaveMolecules @Cory MBA @GetInTheTruck @radio rahiem @Columbo

@KnickstapeCity

@BoogieDown23 @Kitsch

@JMurder @Trip @Illuminatos @K-Deini @ZackMorris @hoodheronova @mvp_status @CapitalOne @NatiboyB @GollyImGully @Futuristic Eskimo @DirtyD @Frump @Captain_Crunch @ChemicalBk @JerseyFinest! @K-ZOE @Apollo Kid @3rdLetter @Carter G. Hoodson @ExodusNirvana @BXKingPin82 @N.Y. State of Mind @Big Blue @kurt @NYK Loyalist @nyknick @Carolina Slim @tru_m.a.c @Sampson @Thunder-Buddy @nyk_fatboy @Cold Blooded @Araña @ScoopNScore @obarth @GatorStaceyAdams @Mantle Drunk @Knicksman20 @knickscity @KnicksTape @Urbanmiracle @freddykruegeronapill @Rev @Henryflo1

@thatknickfan

@23Stapscity @Piffiztheanswer

@Jermaine Colington

Melo one of my favorite players, him and Kaepernick

RicanHavok

Formerly Thunder-Buddy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Knicks, Yankees, Giants and The BX
I beg to differ that social media cannot be effective. I'd say it's the most powerful tool an athlete has right now. There is no obligation for any athlete to use their status as a means for societal progress, but if they so choose, they need to be constantly on message on their social media. Posts here or there won't do shyt. Your "thoughts and prayers" when something happens is hollow.

Imagine if someone like LeBron became more engaged in the political process and identified politicians that are continuing to impede racial equality. Imagine him relentlessly calling out politicians by name on a daily basis to an audience of 31 million Twitter followers. All these scumbag politicians care about is maintaining power and if there's an organized effort by influencers on social media to standup to the continued maintenance of the status quo that is systemic racism, you don't think that will resonate?

I get it - you don't want to harm your brand or legacy. Athletes almost have to function like politicians. But if athletes decided to throw caution to the wind, there could be a serious impact.
Agree, but I don't think Melo saying it's not effective, he's saying it's not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.