General Elon Musk Fukkery Thread

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
What is your evidence that Musk has "engineering skills"? Nothing in his background would suggest that, and the internal reports we've heard is that other people in his companies are doing the engineering and Musk doesn't know what he's talking about.

It's a fukking idiotic idea, and his claimed justifications for it make no logical sense. He simultaneously claims that he wants to colonize Mars as a buffer for human survival, yet also claims he wants travel between Earth and Mars to be as easy as a cross-country trip. If people are constantly traveling back and forth between Earth and Mars, then how would Mars be a buffer anymore? Environmentally it's a horrible place for humans to be due to its distance from the sun and comparative lack of gravity or magnetic fields, you'd get more of a "buffer" from setting up colonies in Siberia and the Australian outback than from putting them on Mars.

Half the reason he promotes the Mars idea is simply to drive up his brand and attract investment attention from people who have more money than wisdom.

Trust me, if you took the time to listen to him like I have, you'd realize he's incredibly knowledgeable. He dives into details like no other CEO out there.

While achieving the dream may seem far off, I deeply admire such a bold vision. Considering we've already reached the moon, Mars is the next logical step. However, let's not interpret this too literally. Our immediate focus should be on landing on Mars; details like building a base can come later. Humanity shines brightest when reaching for seemingly impossible dreams.

"When you reach for the stars, you might not quite get one, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either."
- Leo Burnett

My favorite quote.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
It's funnier for him to do it by quoting Ark. Ark is damn near single-handedly run by Cathie Wood, a right-wing Christian extremist (she literally named her company after the Ark of the Covenant, not arrogant at all) who claims that God directs her investment decisions, is an open Donald Trump supporter, and well known as an extreme Elon Musk fanatic who is constantly defending him on everything from his environmental savvy to his compensation package. She had some early success using the same formula as Musk (super-promote yourself and your own image to create a devout fanbase that then overvalues your product), but if you invested in her five years ago, you would have gotten 2% annualized returns in those years....as opposed to just investing in S&P 500, which had 15% annualized returns over the same period. And the S&P is relatively stable, while Ark is subject to huge risks, massive swings, and the whims of a quite unreliable founder.

"When Arnott looked at families of funds, Ark scored No. 1 for wealth destruction — $14.3 billion over the past 10 years. That was more than twice the losses generated by No. 2 — KraneShares, a group of ETFs with investments in China."

I'm also a Christian. While I admire the company's name, I personally wouldn't invest in her ETFs as they seem too unconventional for my liking. However, I'm reserving judgment on her performance for now. If her ETFs don't increase tenfold in five years, then perhaps it's fair to call it a failure.

Many investors like myself are optimistic about the success of the Robotaxi venture.

Here's an insightful bullish analysis:

I want to clarify that my $2000 target is a bullish scenario. Companies like Nvidia 20Xed in 5 years, and SMCI grew by 30Xed in 4 years. Hypergrowth is possible, and with a significant catalyst like Tesla's potential, achieving a 10-15x growth in 3 years is realistic if all goes well. again, bull case means Robotaxi's success and tesla's 2/3 of value is from robotaxi.

if robotaxi fails then tesla as a tech company fails and will be reduced to a good car company.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
Without posting YouTube videos or links, explain to us in your own words, how Tesla will go from $180 per share(500B market cap) to $2500 ($6.5 trillion market cap) in the next three years.

In an incredibly bullish scenario -

the prospect of Tesla selling autonomous cars, such as the Model 3, evokes a strong reaction. There's gonna be a serious FOMO. ain't that how it works anyway? i mean like NVDA 10Xed like it's nothing. People will realize there's a notable difference between selling a standard $40,000 car and a $40,000 autonomous vehicle. They will understand the profound impact.

Consider the Model 3, priced between $40,000 and $55,000. With a single sale yielding approximately $2000-$2500 in profit, the current model represents a traditional vehicle purchase.

Looking ahead, Tesla aims to sell autonomous Model 3 cars, introducing a recurring revenue model. Let's assume these autonomous vehicles operate as robotaxis, covering 50,000 miles per year, half the mileage of an average taxi. If Tesla were to charge $1 per mile, cheaper than current Uber rates, each autonomous Model 3 could generate $50,000 in revenue annually. This concept suggests that your Model 3 could earn money for Tesla while you sleep, essentially working for you around the clock and potentially rendering traditional taxi services, uber or any rideshare obsolete unless they buy in and sign up for Teslas.

Considering that a full-time taxi driver typically logs around 100,000 miles annually, the idea of an autonomous vehicle reaching 100,000 miles per year is theoretically plausible, especially given that AI does not require rest. Realistically, a figure closer to 50,000 to 70,000 miles annually may be more feasible. This calculation also implies a double-digit operating margin per year from a single vehicle.

This concept transforms Tesla from a mere car company into a multifaceted entity akin to a combination of Airbnb and Uber while being a tech/AI giant. The appeal of owning a car that can generate supplementary income is likely to be widespread. Furthermore, the widespread adoption of Full Self-Driving (FSD) technology could position Tesla as a global leader, potentially revolutionizing transportation on a global scale.

It will happen someday as soon as autonomy is solved. when that happens the world as we know it will never be the same. some ridiculously crazy bull suggested 10-12trillion by 2030.

If Robotaxi never really happens then Tesla is will still remain a good car company. so bottom is really low. teslas are great cars. people will always buy teslas robotaxi or not.

Ceiling is insanity. Goosebumps man.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In an incredibly bullish scenario -

the prospect of Tesla selling autonomous cars, such as the Model 3, evokes a strong reaction. There's gonna be a serious FOMO. ain't that how it works anyway? i mean like NVDA 10Xed like it's nothing. People will realize there's a notable difference between selling a standard $40,000 car and a $40,000 autonomous vehicle. They will understand the profound impact.

Consider the Model 3, priced between $40,000 and $55,000. With a single sale yielding approximately $2000-$2500 in profit, the current model represents a traditional vehicle purchase.

Looking ahead, Tesla aims to sell autonomous Model 3 cars, introducing a recurring revenue model. Let's assume these autonomous vehicles operate as robotaxis, covering 50,000 miles per year, half the mileage of an average taxi. If Tesla were to charge $1 per mile, cheaper than current Uber rates, each autonomous Model 3 could generate $50,000 in revenue annually. This concept suggests that your Model 3 could earn money for Tesla while you sleep, essentially working for you around the clock and potentially rendering traditional taxi services, uber or any rideshare obsolete unless they buy in and sign up for Teslas.

Considering that a full-time taxi driver typically logs around 100,000 miles annually, the idea of an autonomous vehicle reaching 100,000 miles per year is theoretically plausible, especially given that AI does not require rest. Realistically, a figure closer to 50,000 to 70,000 miles annually may be more feasible. This calculation also implies a double-digit operating margin per year from a single vehicle.

This concept transforms Tesla from a mere car company into a multifaceted entity akin to a combination of Airbnb and Uber while being a tech/AI giant. The appeal of owning a car that can generate supplementary income is likely to be widespread. Furthermore, the widespread adoption of Full Self-Driving (FSD) technology could position Tesla as a global leader, potentially revolutionizing transportation on a global scale.

It will happen someday as soon as autonomy is solved. when that happens the world as we know it will never be the same. some ridiculously crazy bull suggested 10-12trillion by 2030.

If Robotaxi never really happens then Tesla is will still remain a good car company. so bottom is really low. teslas are great cars. people will always buy teslas robotaxi or not.

Ceiling is insanity. Goosebumps man.
:dead: :deadrose: :dead:

Do you realize how insane you sound?

If Robo Taxis were these money printing machines, why wouldn’t he just keep them for himself? Why sell them?

Goosebumps man, goosebumps. :mjlol:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trust me, if you took the time to listen to him like I have, you'd realize he's incredibly knowledgeable. He dives into details like no other CEO out there.

While achieving the dream may seem far off, I deeply admire such a bold vision. Considering we've already reached the moon, Mars is the next logical step. However, let's not interpret this too literally. Our immediate focus should be on landing on Mars; details like building a base can come later. Humanity shines brightest when reaching for seemingly impossible dreams.

"When you reach for the stars, you might not quite get one, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either."
- Leo Burnett

My favorite quote.
Must promised us that we would be launching four manned spaceships this year. What happened to that promise?

Stop being a sucker. Must got you looking insane outchea.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Name a single subject that you believe you have enough expertise on to label Elon Musk a genius, then quote him speaking genius on that subject.

Anyone who spends time in the Musk threads has seen numerous examples on him speaking total nonsense. He's no more knowledgeable than any random engineer in his company, and likely less knowledgeable than plenty. He's just really good at spouting bullshyt and has just enough CS and physics background to make his bullshyt sound realistic to people who don't know better.

- Leo Burnett

My favorite quote.

Using random impossible bullshyt to sell your stock doesn't impress me as much as it impresses you.

Musk's Mars colonies aren't just impossible, they're a really bad idea, and he's using them (and other stupid ideas of his) to distract from real problems that need to be solved right now. If you look at all his right-wing hypercapitalist racist bullshyt he spews, his vision of the future is incredibly dystopian. He's basically just been reduced to "We'll keep ruining Earth but okay, let's move to Mars!"

I'm also a Christian.

I'm a Christian too, which is why I think it's so sacrilegious for her to push her hypercapitalist wealth-focused right-wing Trumpism as the will of God and name her company after the Ark of the Covenant.

if robotaxi fails then tesla as a tech company fails and will be reduced to a good car company.

Are they really that good a car company though? Their build quality is viewed poorly, their prices are being undercut by all of their competitors, and they're led by a megalomaniac who is making increasingly frequent poor decisions and has killed their brand. Their stock is incredibly overpriced considering their sales volume, and their sales volume is falling. What is keeping them from a long-term future as a niche car company with a more realistic stock price falling to 1/5 of its current level to match their actual revenue?

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
:dead: :deadrose: :dead:

Do you realize how insane you sound?

If Robo Taxis were these money printing machines, why wouldn’t he just keep them for himself? Why sell them?

Goosebumps man, goosebumps. :mjlol:

i guess by your logic uber should own all the fleets. i guess doordash should hire all the people who delivers through the app. i guess airbnb should own all those rental homes.

i believe in the power of AI.

Just two years ago, could you have imagined having a casual conversation with AI?

in the future, tesla robotaxi will talk like this and make you feel cozy and warm. AI will be responsible for your well-being, and this future is inevitable. With six million Teslas already on the road and that number increasing, all these vehicles can be updated with the latest FSD software.

Tesla is positioned to license its FSD technology to other companies, including Uber and Lyft, as many other legacy companies have struggled to solve the autonomy challenge.

the rapid changes is coming. yall bunch of fools if you are not seeing this.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Genius moves :mjlol:

I remember back when Space X was literally just starting with that massive funding and huge hype and was such a hot ticket.

Now? Who the fukk would want to work with him after all the idiotic moves he's pulled and the ways he keeps dikking over his own employees?

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
i guess by your logic uber should own all the fleets. i guess doordash should hire all the people who delivers through the app. i guess airbnb should own all those rental homes.

All of those examples require individual human operators, and those companies force their operators to take the risk. In many cases, you hear that working for Uber/Doordash isn't actually worth the negatives that the company forces you to taken on.

But your Tesla robotaxi fleet? You're claiming the profits are basically guaranteed for every car, and that Tesla will take on the risks for every operator. So what benefit would they get from the middleman at all?

Also, the analysis you linked claims that robotaxi will comprise the majority of Tesla revenue by 2027. When is Tesla going to build all the cars and batteries necessary to form such a huge robotaxi fleet by 2027, especially considering that it's already mid-2024 and they're currently laying off workers and slowing production? Even if they only used current cars (I'm not sure there's enough people who have Teslas sitting idle and wish to use them this way to generate that sort of revenue), where would they get the battery production to keep replacing batteries while putting the sort of miles you're talking about putting on those cars?

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

i believe in the power of AI.

Just two years ago, could you have imagined having a casual conversation with AI?

in the future, tesla robotaxi will talk like this and make you feel cozy and warm. AI will be responsible for your well-being, and this future is inevitable. With six million Teslas already on the road and that number increasing, all these vehicles can be updated with the latest FSD software.

Tesla is positioned to license its FSD technology to other companies, including Uber and Lyft, as many other legacy companies have struggled to solve the autonomy challenge.

the rapid changes is coming. yall bunch of fools if you are not seeing this.

Imagine being gullible enough to believe that there is a market for 6 million taxis with millions more on the way if Tesla FSD can be achieved(which it won’t).

Who’s going to be riding these taxis when most people already own a car or use cheaper public transportation option.

Ride share companies are barely making a profit as it is.

You really haven’t thought this through.

:dead:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All of those examples require individual human operators, and those companies force their operators to take the risk. In many cases, you hear that working for Uber/Doordash isn't actually worth the negatives that the company forces you to taken on.

But your Tesla robotaxi fleet? You're claiming the profits are basically guaranteed for every car, and that Tesla will take on the risks for every operator. So what benefit would they get from the middleman at all?

Also, the analysis you linked claims that robotaxi will comprise the majority of Tesla revenue by 2027. When is Tesla going to build all the cars and batteries necessary to form such a huge robotaxi fleet by 2027, especially considering that it's already mid-2024 and they're currently laying off workers and slowing production? Even if they only used current cars (I'm not sure there's enough people who have Teslas sitting idle and wish to use them this way to generate that sort of revenue), where would they get the battery production to keep replacing batteries while putting the sort of miles you're talking about putting on those cars?

It’s really not rocket science to see the flaws in the business model. It’s fascinating watching a cult in real time. Musk woke up one day with a stupid idea and now you have thousands of people rationalizing, juelzing and spreading his gospel.

It’s fascinating talking to a dyed in the wool believer.