General Elon Musk Fukkery Thread

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
what made it a tough car to make? whats makes it better than the competitors?

Haven’t I been saying this forever? Only way Tesla will rebound is completely bushing Elon from the company… either the board of directors bush him or a hostile take over from another company like Apple since they want to enter into the EV market… Sntaching Tesla from Elon they already have the EV infrastructure in place

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You comparing to MJ to bunch of harol miners breh. you comparing the man who is TESLA. as a shareholder we need him to be the CEO. if he leaves, then i don't know what would happen to Tesla. he is the rockstar and rockstar needs to be paid or show won't go on.

i mean because paying the guy who single-handedly transformed Tesla into an industry titan is such a terrible idea. Clearly, rewarding Elon and keeping the promise is just madness.

My only interest is PROTECTING my hard earned money. i have total 1500 shares. i've invested over 100k in this company. Actually I started investing because of Elon. You can say I invested in Elon. i don't care if Elon sold his soul to a some alien devil. i don't care if he is drinking blood at night. I need him to PROTECT and grow my money.

If Elon is gone, most likely i'm selling my shares. probably not all of them, but i'm gonna eat my profit and move on. If Elon stays then i'll buy more under $200 before 8/8.

You’d definitely be one of them nikkas that gladly offered their wives to David Koresh and then died protecting him. :scusthov:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Haven’t I been saying this forever? Only way Tesla will rebound is completely bushing Elon from the company… either the board of directors bush him or a hostile take over from another company like Apple since they want to enter into the EV market… Sntaching Tesla from Elon they already have the EV infrastructure in place

apple abandoned their EV ambitions when chatgpt dropped.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

85% of Neuralink implant wires are already detached, says patient​

In an interview, Noland Arbaugh says the company wanted to avoid further surgery.

Andrew Paul

Posted On May 21, 2024 12:25 PM EDT

Hand holding Neuralink implant

The first human recipient says the device is performing better than before following algorithm changes. Neuralink

An estimated 85-percent of Neuralink’s brain-computer interface (BCI) implant threads connected to the first human patient’s motor cortex are now completely detached and his brain has shifted inside his skull up to three times what the company expected, volunteer Noland Arbaugh told The Wall Street Journal on Monday. Arbaugh also stated Neuralink has since remedied the initial performance issues using an over-the-air software update and is performing better than before, but the latest details continue to highlight concerns surrounding the company’s controversial, repeatedly delayed human implant study.

Neuralink’s coin-sized N1 BCI implant’s 64 wires thinner than a human hair are inserted a few millimeters into the motor cortex. Each thread contains 16 electrodes that translate a user’s neural activity into computer commands like typing and cursor movement. Around 870 of the 1024 electrodes in Arbaugh’s implant are no longer functional—an issue that allegedly took Neuralink a “few weeks” to remedy, reports The WSJ. When Arbaugh asked if his implant could be removed, fixed, or even replaced, Neuralink’s medical team relayed they would prefer to avoid another brain surgery and instead gather more information.

[Related: Every human testicle contained microplastics in a new study]

In an update quietly published earlier this month, the company says it ultimately determined that the malfunction had reduced the implant’s bits-per-second (BPS) rate, a measure of the BCI’s performance speed and accuracy. A modification to “the recording algorithm” allowed Arbaugh’s device to become “more sensitive to neural population signals, improved the techniques to translate these signals into cursor movements, and enhanced the user interface.”

“These refinements produced a rapid and sustained improvement in BPS, that has now superseded Noland’s initial performance,” Neuralink wrote next to a data graph illustration with no additional citation. As The Register explains, this potentially now “[leaves] just nine or ten of the original 64” threads in working condition. Arbaugh’s post-surgery side-effects support previous reports that Neuralink engineers have known for years about the implant’s potential to move within a subject’s skull.

An estimated 1,000 people have purportedly submitted applications to participate in Neuralink’s ongoing PRIME Study, but less than a tenth of them are qualified for the trial. The company has previously stated it hopes to perform an additional nine implant surgeries by the end of the year, and aims to complete its second procedure in June. Documents reviewed by The WSJ indicate Neuralink believes a potential remedy to the ongoing wire retraction issue may come from implanting the threads deeper into the brain.

“We’re still in the early stages of the PRIME Study and plan to provide additional updates as we continue to work with our first participant, as well as other participants in the future,” Neuralink wrote in an update earlier this year. Below each blog post is the stipulation, “We do not guarantee any benefit by participating in the PRIME Study.”

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Unsold Teslas fill Langley parking lot​

Sales are down at the EV company and inventory is building up

Matthew Claxton

a day ago

web1_240521-lat-mc-teslas
A fenced-off parking lot on 197 Street in Langley is filled with Tesla sedans, as the car company’s sales dipped this year, increasing inventory. (Matthew Claxton/Langley Advance Times)

Listen to this article
00:02:45

As Tesla struggles to sell all the cars it’s been manufacturing in North America, a parking lot in Langley is filling up with the electric vehicles.

The fenced-off lot on 197 Street, just off 64 Avenue, has about 100 spaces and is packed with Tesla sedans and SUVs, along with a handful of vehicles of other brands.

It’s a short drive from the Tesla sales centre on the Langley Bypass, which usually has its site full of Teslas awaiting sale or pickup as well.

Neighbours of the 197 Street parking lot, who asked not to be named, said the cars started showing up sometime in the late winter, between late January and early March. They’ve been in the lot for a few months now.

It’s not unusual for car dealerships to park inventory in vacant lots or empty parking lots temporarily, particularly when new models arrive from factories.

But Tesla, over the past few years, has often had months-long wait times for customers buying its cars. Those wait lists shrank in 2023 as the company ramped up production.

Tesla’s sales slumped for the first time ever in the first three months of 2024, according to the company’s first quarter production reports.

Between January and March, the company produced 433,371 vehicles, and delivered 386,810, according to its production and deliveries report in April. That’s 46,561 more vehicles produced than delivered to customers.

That compares to the final three months of 2023, when Tesla produced 494,989 vehicles, and delivered 484,507 to customers, a gap of 10,482.

In recent weeks, media reports have emerged of parking lots filled with Teslas awaiting sale at empty shopping centres or office complexes across North America.

Reports noted that the parking lots with hundreds of Teslas were usually near their delivery centres, similar to the situation in Langley. Major storage sites included parking lots in Missouri, New Jersey, and on a disused airbase in Germany near one of Tesla’s largest factories.

Federal and provincial incentives have helped fuel a major market for EVs in B.C., with EVs and plug-in hybrids making up more than a quarter of all new light cars and trucks sold in the province in the last quarter of 2023.

Attempts to reach a Tesla spokesperson for comment were not successful.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/36
Tesla employees mentioned they have Cybertruck stock with no customers willing to pick them up. Prices are too high they say. Good news is the foundation series may soon come to an end.

Demand peak for sure as we see the prices on the used market come way down.

I’m still worried for Tesla’s Q2 and cash burn as inventories build.

Other locations in Florida are packed and overflow lots as full as ever.

$TSLA

2/36
More just sitting there in another city.

3/36

2% conversion

4/36
This isn’t bull shyt. I was day two and I got the email. I haven’t moved forward because of price. I could have had mine in April. Would have loved to have had the first one in Cincinnati. But I have been shopping in Cincy the lot has at least 10. I stopped counting.

5/36
2% conversion rate

6/36
Because I’m for the mission. I own 2x Teslas

7/36
Accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. I have solar too.

8/36
No chance you sure?

9/36
Haha exactly

10/36
Clermont, Fl store employees words not mine.

11/36
Some reservations are in markets they aren’t and can’t deliver to (anywhere outside the US)

12/36

13/36
Best part is they'll just sell them for the normal price and still have the badging.

14/36
What city?

15/36
Geographic area limitations maybe.

16/36
That is who works for them.

17/36
Many have to put off delivery.

18/36
You'll have to ask Tesla or their employees why they'd say that and have trucks sitting on the lot. Perhaps it's a Florida specific thing.

19/36
damn

20/36
2% conversion

21/36
Heard the same thing from a buddy within Tesla. Mentioned that their reservation to order conversion rate is below 20% and that 1 in 3 are backing out even after paying the $1000 deposit. Either putting on hold till non foundation or cancelling altogether.

22/36
Classic

23/36
$100 is not $115,000

24/36
After the Lutz post, I went driving around to look at lots and garages in South Florida, and they are at max inventory.

25/36
Soon as pores will be able to entertain buying one yes

26/36
Clarkston has 50 and I don’t even have a VIN $TSLA

27/36
After the Lutz post, I went driving around to look at lots and garages in South Florida, and they are at max inventory.

28/36
They should call you.

29/36
This isn’t bull shyt. I was day two and I got the email. I haven’t moved forward because of price. I could have had mine in April. Would have loved to have had the first one in Cincinnati. But I have been shopping in Cincy the lot has at least 10. I stopped counting.

30/36
So 5,000 delivered out of 220,000 is a 2% conversion or 2 million will equal 45k deliveries. Not that high yo.

31/36
None to Canada yet

32/36
Nope worry more for Tesla.

33/36
Lots in stock there too?

34/36
What city?

35/36
I can only comment about what the Clermont, Fl store said. Now, this same service center forgot to put our car back together before returning it so maybe they aren’t the best.

36/36
Yes maybe put a lot off.

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196

GOHxVqtXYAA1eJc.jpg

GOIR6DLWEAAdfMd.jpg

GOISfDNaIAA00cW.jpg

GOL3EkBXgAAsTax.jpg

GOL3EkGWMAA3suK.jpg

GOIYoVjXoAA9VkW.jpg

GONmNlNWAAEwVhT.jpg

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Tesla’s Sales in Europe Fall to a 15-Month Low​

1ff364e15ccbb69229ffb0844ec9504e

Stefan Nicola

Wed, May 22, 2024, 4:36 AM EDT2 min read

In This Article:
TSLA
VWAPY

(Bloomberg) -- Tesla Inc. got off to a sluggish start to the second quarter in Europe, where Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk was expecting a much better showing than the first few months of the year.

The carmaker registered just 13,951 vehicles in April, the European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association said Wednesday, down 2.3% from a year ago and its worst tally since January 2023. Tesla’s result was an exception in an otherwise encouraging month for battery-electric vehicle sales, which rose 14% industrywide.

Tesla similarly reported a downturn in shipments from its Shanghai factory for the month, in contrast with strong growth for China’s broader plug-in car industry. Musk told investors on April 23 that the company expected to bounce back from several issues that affected production in the first quarter, including Red Sea shipping disruptions and the suspected arson of power lines near its German sport utility vehicle plant.

“We think Q2 will be a lot better,” Musk said during Tesla’s first-quarter earnings call.

Tesla shares declined as much as 1.8% before the start of regular trading Wednesday. The stock has slumped 25% this year.

Read More: Chaos Reigns Inside Tesla as Workers Await More Job Cuts

Countries including Germany and Sweden have ceased or dialed back EV subsidies in recent months, which has put a damper on Europe’s sales growth. Manufacturers including Volkswagen AG and Mercedes-Benz Group AG have meanwhile been rethinking product plans, with VW preparing more plug-in hybrids and Mercedes keeping combustion cars in production well into the 2030s.

While most brands have struggled with the pullback of incentives in Germany — Europe’s biggest car market — Tesla underperformed peers last month. Overall EV registrations were broadly flat, whereas Tesla’s sales plunged 32%.

In the UK, Tesla registrations fell 25% in April and have slumped 14% in the first four months of the year.

(Updates with share move in the fifth paragraph.)

Most Read from Bloomberg Businessweek

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/60
$TSLA Walls are starting to close in for Tesla, let's have a closer look:

2/60
1) The recent turnover in senior executives is incredible, with most having a tenure well over 5 years. From CFO, to head of HR as well as key engineering execs. What do they know that the market doesn't? Not to mention, huge stock sales on exit (e.g. Baglino).

3/60
2) Company has begun an intensive layoff program (estimates are around 10-20% of the workforce (further layoffs announced this weekend p. Linkedin), which appears completely indiscriminate (e.g. entire supercharger team - see the linked article)

4/60
3) Further to the point of layoffs being indiscriminate, the Company has pulled offers made to interns. Aborting hiring the cheapest future talent? What has changed in 6 months?

5/60
4) What has changed is demand. Over the last 18m the Company cut prices aggressively to stimulate short term demand. This works for a while, but ultimately cutting prices in consumer businesses destroys brands and margins (no longer premium, erodes scarcity)

6/60
5) There's only so far price cuts will go. Tesla has one of the oldest lineup among automakers - with the average age of its models at 9 years (ex-Cybertruck) - Where is the innovation to spur more demand?https://uk.motor1.com/news/677090/lada-oldest-range-zeekr-newest/

7/60
6) Tesla is now in a Catch-22, cut margins further and wreck margins (& burn FCF) and lose rev growth, or keep prices flat and lose growth. Going into Q2, seeing market share losses in Europe with Tesla no longer being the best selling EV in many key markets eg France.

8/60
7) In the US, seeing inventory pile up and nowhere to put it. Recently saw Tesla hire parking at a abandoned mall to park new vehicles.

9/60
8) Recent drone footage of its Fremont site shows inventory piling up on the grass with no parking space available. [U][URL]https://youtube.com/watch?v=AWoM_AG0EZA&ab_channel=MetGodinWilderness%E5%9C%A8%E6%9B%A0%E9%87%8E%E9%81%87%E8%A6%8B%E7%A5%9E[/URL][/U]

10/60
9) Additionally, outside of self-inflicted factors - Tesla is also being hit by slowing demand for EVs more broadly. As subsidies have lost their impulse to drive short term demand as well as concerns over depreciation/range, Consumers have started to shift back towards ICEs.

11/60
10) Outside of pure consumer demand, fleets and rental car companies have also stopped buying tesla's due to strong depreciation / unpredictable residuals and lack of consumer demand.

12/60
11) The lack of innovation, reliability issues, depreciation as well as Elon's persona has destroyed the brand - with Tesla ranking as the 2nd worst auto brand in an Axios survey in 2023. Months to cause, years to fix.

13/60
12) Rather predictably, Elon has attempted to divert attention from its core automotive business to robotaxis, AI and robots. Full self driving has been promised to be imminent for almost a decade now and investors are getting inpatient.

14/60
13) There is only so much Elon/Tesla can promise today to juice the stock, with the Company's long history of undelivered promises becoming clearer every day. In many way, the Tesla acquisition really showed the emperor had no clothes.

15/60
14) These broken promises historically were driven by his incentivisation structure. Now that it has been revoked, what incentive is there for him to stay (other than his existing stock, but given fading fundamentals he'd be better exiting ASAP)

16/60
15) Now analysts are asking Elon's commitment to Tesla (35:21, Q1 call) and his answer wasn't convincing to anyone. Large deliberate pause, no clear "I'm not leaving Tesla", but rather a vague answer. He also noted autonomy would be possible without him.

17/60
16) Elon is now playing his option value, see if the vote goes through to ratify his 2018 package otherwise he'll likely dump his shareholdings. The desperation of him and what is left of the (non-independent) board is clear with the new vote site

18/60
17) The new video from the chairman of the board pushing for investors to vote yes on ratifying the package, despite the Delaware court decision and the size of the package vs. Tesla's historic profits puts to bed any questions over the independence of the board.

19/60
18) As well as the issues with the board, worth noting the management turnover in key accounting/legal positions makes you highly doubt the Company's reporting. E.g. Dave Morton leaving as CAO after a month, CFOs always internal, GCs constantly leaving

20/60
19) Just to add smoke to the fire here, several whistleblowers have raised question's over the group's accounting - including one noting they were operating two sets of books.

21/60
20) As such, it's incredibly hard to take the Company's financials and $26.8bn of cash at end of Q1 too seriously given the Company likely pulled out all the stops with deliveries, squeezing suppliers and other measures to window dress q/end.

22/60
21) There's a reason nearly every OEM has gone bust in the US at one point or another: capital intensity, operational leverage, cyclicality and competition. Tesla made the classic business mistake of expanding supply too quickly. It will be hard to reverse

23/60
22) Unlike other OEMs, Tesla runs its own dealer network - essentially holding all inventory produced on balance sheet (rather than flushing to its dealer network). There is no exit valve to push more supply to. Without rationalising supply, cash burn & inventory will explode.

24/60
23) If Tesla faces a similar demand drop to what was seen for conventional automakers during 2008 (new vehicle sales dropped 18%), the cash burn rates could be rather incredible. As a reminder, this was the peak quarterly cash burn of the big 3 automakers in the US during 2008.

25/60
24) Q1 begun the unravelling, with FCF of -$2.5bn with deliveries down 9% with the gap between deliveries and supply exploding. If deliveries normalises to 2022 levels now price cuts have slowed and subsidies flatlined, company could easily burn $4-5bn+ a quarter.

26/60
25) Not only this, Tesla faces litigation in relation to its products and services. Most notably, the NHTSA re-opened its probe into Tesla's Autopilot / FSD recall. Should the NHTSA drive a more aggressive recall, could face litigation from consumers. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/inv/2024/INIM-RQ24009-12199.pdf

27/60
26) Outside of litigation from consumers for product quality issues (Cybertruck?) and mis-selling of products (FSD?) - company also faces a major threat of penalties from regulators for mis-selling (Dieselgate style?) as we saw today:

28/60
27) All things considered, Tesla will likely have to raise more capital (debt or equity) either back half of 24 or early 25 given cash burn & minimum cash needs. Elon will likely try and repeat the 2019 playbook by using an event (e.g. Robotaxi event this year) to pump into.

29/60
28) The Robotaxi event is another charade. NHTSA is demanding more information on the recall because of a series of accidents since the "recall" which didn't really affect how people used it. The reality: Tesla has more accidents than any other OEM

30/60
29) Not only has Tesla not made any regulatory actions to start robotaxis, but the FSD software continues to pull outright dangerous moves that show it is nowhere near ready and perhaps never will due to hardware limitations.

31/60
30) So distressed automaker likely needed to raise cash in next 12 months under multiple investigations, with a super stale lineup and how is it priced? Well I'll leave that to your interpretation. Forward multiples also based off goal-seeked hyper bullish sell side estimates.

32/60
31) Over the last 12 months EPS estimates by the street have been cut in half - yet the stock is actually broadly unchanged over the last year. Given the abovementioned trends, I believe we could easily see EPS go negative by the end of the year

33/60
32) Twitter really showed how fast it can unravel and with recent disorderly layoffs, falling demand / deliveries and investigations into the company heating up I strongly believe Tesla will unravel in the next 12 months. Eventually the market will hunt down Elon's margin call.

34/60
33) Just to emphasise how disorderly the layoffs are (outside of interns having offers pulled, entire teams being laid off), Tesla's career site has 3 jobs for the entire US. I get people are being moved around internally with layoffs, but for a firm with 100k+ FTEs this is nuts

35/60
34) Employees through Glassdoor and Linkedin really give you some good insight to what's really going on:

36/60
35) When you dig deeper there's a range of other peculiarities at Tesla. Unlike every other S&P/OEM company, Tesla uses its own ERP system (vs Microsoft, SAP, Oracle etc) called WARP - which when you consider the accounting / governance issues is worrying Which ERP system does Tesla use?

37/60
36) Tesla/Elon also has a very aggressive retaliation with whistle-blowers & a culture of fear of retaliation preventing anyone stepping out of line. This is not normal.

38/60
37) Instead of whistleblowing and facing the same fate, some employees are just leaving over quality concerns / fear of retribution. Take Ethan Heald for example - senior Mechanical Design Engineer at Tesla.

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196
GM57FaxXcAAcg8U.png

GM6As2ZW0AE7Qq2.jpg

GM6GQiaXUAA5LFh.png

GM6Lu86XUAc4mfN.jpg

GM6On_mWIAAv1rK.jpg

GM6QdO3XYAAujBb.png

EQBtWCVXUAEoD6i.png

GM_1ISoXcAAnJgX.png

GNACYxXWgAAuEGl.jpg

GNEgWclXAAIkxDf.png

GNEhh8CXgAEtmpS.png

GNEliw8XQAA5chY.jpg