Genesis unveils its entry level G70...these other luxury brands gotta be shook

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Honestly I think that flys because most people don't care as long as it looks good and can get on the highway quick enough. Most cats still copping luxury 4 so that should show you people don't care as long as they can be a little different from most and decent speed is good enough for most outside the net
Can't speak for all of them, but some it's for practical reasons. If you got a long, traffic laden commute everyday, getting better gas mileage and being able to put regular in your tank is a plus. Furthermore, if the time you spend out of commute traffic is mainly driving in the city where you're stopped by a red light every 3 minutes, you're not really missing the extra power.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Can't speak for all of them, but some it's for practical reasons. If you got a long, traffic laden commute everyday, getting better gas mileage and being able to put regular in your tank is a plus. Furthermore, if the time you spend out of commute traffic is mainly driving in the city where you're stopped by a red light every 3 minutes, you're not really missing the extra power.
I agree with this also.

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why does a luxury car have a V4? :mindblown:
No car has a “V4” lol. (I think ford did make a car with one back in the day” A 4 Cylinder engine isn’t V shaped like a 6 or 8. But the reason why they exist is people want something that’s luxurious and good on gas. Some don’t care about performance like that. Plus it’s cheaper. And being that they come turbo the performance isn’t really that much behind their V6 counterparts, being that you can tune the turbo, you can make probably make it faster than the v6 and get better gas mileage.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
No car has a “V4” lol. (I think ford did make a car with one back in the day” A 4 Cylinder engine isn’t V shaped like a 6 or 8. But the reason why they exist is people want something that’s luxurious and good on gas. Some don’t care about performance like that. Plus it’s cheaper. And being that they come turbo the performance isn’t really that much behind their V6 counterparts, being that you can tune the turbo, you can make probably make it faster than the v6 and get better gas mileage.

a lot of these are only doing 240 hp though. I'd consider them "quick" I suppose but not overly impressive if you care about performance.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
a lot of these are only doing 240 hp though. I'd consider them "quick" I suppose but not overly impressive if you care about performance.
Yeah I agree with this but most people don't care about performance tbh. I mean I see a lot of cats online that do but IRL most just trying to look good with a luxury car. If that thing isn't a snail when trying to merge on the freeway and it can keep up that will work for a lot of people. I mean most times people are in regular stop and go traffic so where are you going to use that power at? That's why I don't think a lot of people care but even some of those people will buy the bigger engines just because at times for the prestige of it.