Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
Tldr:

But why should he get paid straight out of Compton (never seen the movie) was like 5 years before Dre was sampling his music for g funk

Maybe he should sue the green eyed bandit as well

I hate old musicians who try to get paid off hip hop

his music was used throughout the movie

"I hate people who want to get paid for their work" he says

King Poetic

The D.O.G.(Disciple Of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chavez Ravine, California
them old nikkas should have learn from Ray Charles back in the day... no different from the new nikkas of today... they love the attention, fame and hoes in the beginning and worry about the business at the end...

like they say.. nikkas working backwards

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
What I find interesting is that HH fans are often on some "oh this rapper bit this other guy's style, he's fake :pacspit:" but when it concerns sample royalties or whatever they like "Well he had to handle his business better fukk him :camby:"
I don't see how those two things go hand in hand.
Either you are saying that it's not okay to sample or you're saying that you can bite rappers style if you give him money?

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
Either you are saying that it's not okay to sample or you're saying that you can bite rappers style if you give him money?

Saying muthaphukkas need to pay for their samples and hip-hop fans look retarded when they try to refute that

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Furthermore, it's fair to say that Dr. Dre's empire is built off reiterations of this man's work
w0ehl.jpg

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium

No, I'm saying that on one side we blame the "biter" and thus celebrate creativity, while on the other we blame (or at least DGAF about) the one who gets "bit" and thus celebrate something else, but def not creativity.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Because no one or few care about these old musicans songs and they had their fame. They should give thanks for hip hop for trying to bring them back and put new heads up on their catalogs, instead of trying to come at every single producer because they're broke. These old fools don't even fukk with hip hop when hip hop is in a way is showing recognition to them
:jbhmm:

Hip hop fan in 2015?

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
He deserves money but payment goes to who own the rights and masters. Those are the people that are morally obligated to GC and his bands. Not Dre or Cube or SOC directly. Trust me they paid their costs to the owners.

This. GC needs to sue the Jew who owns his sh*t, not some nikkaz who made a groundbreaking documentary. :smh: