George Lucas Criticizes New Star Wars Films (Article)

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Love the fukk out if willow. Peter Dinklage need to reboot that shyt.
I found some quotes from Warwick and Kilmer, they kind of had some semi serious interest in doing a sequel but it'll never happen. Willow is very underrated, dope characters and very funy. Madmartigan was dope, Kilmer killed it.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
You've clearly never touched anything in the EU.

The EU is just some books, my dude.
they did not really use any continuity of the EU stuff for this movie.
That feels like it was taken straight from the source material of the eu.
It hints at the eu for fanboys to keep y'all satiated and in your feels.
so, imo this movie really does not follow any direction of the books or dark horse stuff I encountered.
It has that same marvel universe over at disney thing going on.
Except it is better than changing Tony Starks to ultron's inventor instead of Henry Pym.
While having an antman movie out at the same time to satiate the vitriol of fan boys.
All those other books had luke as the central guy and then it picks up when han/leia's twins and chewie's son comes of age for Jedi training and how the force resonates in them.
Then he loses the male solo twin to the dark side and even succumbs to the dark side. General thrawn is pretty much grievous and not seen or looked at In this like those books I read.
There is no Mara jade mention, yet.

This movie just gives fanboys Easter eggs cause that is a whole science they developed at Disney.
in marketing and takeover of marvel to fool you nikkaz.
This new movie is a story someone had.
that they felt had to hit every pop mechanism for a blockbuster.
All because star wars invented the blockbuster in the idea of what we call a blockbuster.
Couple it with the Disney blockbuster ability.
to use their top shelf quality rubrick and marketing as well.

the Easter eggs were all constructed around a complete new re-write. That feels totally separate from the books and comics.
While, giving EU print guys a nod.

Imo, they market researched using the cartoons and all your poignant prominent fan boy marketing on the internet that had revelency.

Appealed to it and churned out this new record setting blockbuster.

I don't think the EU played any part in this past Easter eggs for fan boys.
This movie feels like a well constructed writing process built around what sells in movies.
Which star wars pretty much created with the added marketing and science behind it.
from every Disney, Pixar and industrial light magic based braintrust and rubrick.
Then packaged the best in history as far as using market based science for a profit.

The company is run by the former executive admin that personally saw to executing every ticket item in the light and magic development days for this franchise.
So, it has a very minutes hit all bulletin points based feel and it works.
Star wars created all this shyt.
So, Imo any shyt that made a dollar.
or generated capital in the most extreme profit building based scenario was used for star wars and it worked.
To the point I am wearing myself out re-watching it over and.over again.

I feel like a kid again and none of the books or comics or EU ever ever did that like this.

This movie is the culmination of all the marketing and everything done exactly right.

I did not even look at any marketing for this at all not to ruin it and I am enjoying and from the receipts.
Everyone is enjoying it as well.

My daughter called me like three minutes after watching star wars at the movies in Arizona on vacation the other day.

She was floored, in shock at Han solo and just in awe.
i am glad they gave my kid sumfin like I had as a kid.
To the point my kid picks up her own cellphone and calls me excited about it.

You can't beat that and that is why I love star wars.

Art Barr

You know how much media my daughter consumes.
She ain't never just called me about no other movie before.
Plus, since this movie has a my pet dragon two moment.
I have to watch it with her as a parent because I have to explain things and the situation just like my pet dragon two.

Plus, in this case...
I got to see it separate from her to figure out what to say.

So, I got a fortifying work to do as a parent from star wars and you can't beat that.

Art Barr

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Darth Jar Jar? I don't believe it. He's might to be like Goofy.

Jar jar really isnt that bad, imo.
But yoda originally played the bumbling fool role at first too.

And with all the points made, I feel like it's a highly realistic chance that George had other, bigger plans for jar jar, but because of poor writing, jar jar became hated to the point that he had to change the story, dooku was a created to fill plot holes

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

And with all the points made, I feel like it's a highly realistic chance that George had other, bigger plans for jar jar, but because of poor writing, jar jar became hated to the point that he had to change the story, dooku was a created to fill plot holes
I can't see Jar Jar as a Sith. Why would Palpatine choose Jar to be his next apprentice over a Jedi? With Dooku it showed that even a Jedi MASTER could be seduced to the darkside.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
My sentiment walking out of the theater was, "Eh, it was just okay." Like, I wanted a new Star Wars movies that was actually a NEW Star Wars movie. Where's the innovation? The creativity? This was the best they could do as far as ideas and a script? :dahell:. There HASSSS to be someone, somewhere that has written some godly Star Wars fan fiction.

I know people have been calling it a "soft reboot (:stopitslime:)," but I just couldn't get over how flimsy it all was as far as the plot. This movie reminds me of TDKR and Age of Ultron in that when they released everyone was on some :banderas: shyt outside of some critics, and 6 months down the line once the hype subsided -- people started to be more critical of both. I think this movie will suffer the same fate. :ehh:
This is what I wanted as well. Some whole entire other other other sh*t. Even to the point where there's some characters that were force sensitive but they weren't Jedi or Sith.. And to keep it 100 all that emo-tortured soul Jedi to Dark Side sh*t is starting to get played out imo. But some other real new sh*t- For example: Make a Teen Titans type group that are force sensitive but not Jedi or Dark Side. Really expand the Star Wars universe. They've been stuck on a good 10-14 characters with a few throw ins for the past 40 years or so

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is what I wanted as well. Some whole entire other other other sh*t. Even to the point where there's some characters that were force sensitive but they weren't Jedi or Sith.. And to keep it 100 all that emo-tortured soul Jedi to Dark Side sh*t is starting to get played out imo. But some other real new sh*t- For example: Make a Teen Titans type group that are force sensitive but not Jedi or Dark Side. Really expand the Star Wars universe. They've been stuck on a good 10-14 characters with a few throw ins for the past 40 years or so
the worsr thing was bringing back the same damn storm troopers and staR cruisers. shyt was Really disappointing. I have a feeling the first order is just a red herring but that might be wishful thinkign

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I can't see Jar Jar as a Sith. Why would Palpatine choose Jar to be his next apprentice over a Jedi? With Dooku it showed that even a Jedi MASTER could be seduced to the darkside.

Someone at work practically forced me to watch the youtube video about this. The gist is that JarJar was meant to me the master, the Dark Side mirror image of Yoda. I don't agree with the conclusions, but the video makes it pretty convincing that JarJar is almost definitely a Force user.

the worsr thing was bringing back the same damn storm troopers and staR cruisers. shyt was Really disappointing. I have a feeling the first order is just a red herring but that might be wishful thinkign

I can forgive the big ships like Star Destroyers. In real life, the Air Force plans to still be using B-52's desgined in the 1950's up until to the 2040's. What I don't understand is why they just painted the old TIE fighters black and gave them a tailgunner.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Someone at work practically forced me to watch the youtube video about this. The gist is that JarJar was meant to me the master, the Dark Side mirror image of Yoda. I don't agree with the conclusions, but the video makes it pretty convincing that JarJar is almost definitely a Force user.

I can forgive the big ships like Star Destroyers. In real life, the Air Force plans to still be using B-52's desgined in the 1950's up until to the 2040's. What I don't understand is why they just painted the old TIE fighters black and gave them a tailgunner.

I dont mind them bringing stuff bACK if they also add something new. The first order army was damn near identixal to the imperial army. shyt was ridiculous. I hope the next movie changes that

That jar jar video though :ohhh:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Jar Jar's species all can jump like that though

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

When was Yoda a bumbling fool, breh.
Yoda was teaching Luke to stop being so one dimensional in his thinking of what a Jedi master looked like.
So, possibly he would have confidence to fight a fukking warlord like Vader.
Who was a fukkin mercenary beast with a light saber and ramped up faster than any Jedi.
Plus, was a clone bred to do by,... what was that lord phalgus or some shyt.

[hey I got that sith lord name right off memory]

I would have to watch when palapatine bonds and tells Anakin were he came from.
to get the name exactly right on the sith lord.
who created anakin cause palpatine tells him directly.
Like nikkaz in here thinking.

Noob green Jedi basically padawan luke is going to rampup in short order.
Without some other forward outside the box thinking to be put in play to beat Vader.

nikkaz missed mad dialogue and all types of shyt.
Like you can't criticize star wars and not know what you talembout.

Like did nikkaz even see the cave sequence, where the force told luke before the reveal who he was in foreshadowed sequence.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

How could jar jar be a sith in the second trilogy.
When the entire fukk'n first prequel is how Anakin became one of the most powerful sith lords, and why.

Like when was it going to shift to this subplot of jar jar.
Jar jar was a character like the ewoks and a lenchpin.
to where Lucas left off in return of the Jedi with the ewoks in battle.
He wanted to remake the love people have for wicket for jar jar.
With a slimey fish looking cgi guy.
When, he should have stuck to wookies and ewoks.
The furry characters people like in star wars.
Chewie's dad should have been the actual sidekick in the first prequel and jar jar is where Lucas over thought himself.
Trying to segueway the importance of the inhabitants of a planet. revolting back against what would become the empire.
It would have been a conflict of interest.
to have jar jar become a sith and made the plot to silly and jumbled to make any sense.

shyt is a no,...nikka no moment.

Art Barr

This is another one of those chucky from fresh imagination went bad moments all over again.

nikkaz on that:

Blam
Blam
Blam
Spider man go down blam blam blam,....i got them dope moves and drop the gun and get a tire shut out on your hand woat dufus deaths in a film moment.

Just this dufus connection to erroneously defame drunken fist.
as jar jar's discipline of fighting is as dumb as you get.

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How could jar jar be a sith in the second trilogy.
When the entire fukk'n first prequel is how Anakin became one of the most powerful sith lords, and why.

Like when was it going to shift to this subplot of jar jar.
Jar jar was a character like the ewoks and a lenchpin.
to where Lucas left off in return of the Jedi with the ewoks in battle.
He wanted to remake the love people have for wicket for jar jar.
With a slimey fish looking cgi guy.
When, he should have stuck to wookies and ewoks.
The furry characters people like in star wars.
Chewie's dad should have been the actual sidekick in the first prequel and jar jar is where Lucas over thought himself.
Trying to segueway the importance of the inhabitants of a planet. revolting back against what would become the empire.
It would have been a conflict of interest.
to have jar jar become a sith and made the plot to silly and jumbled to make any sense.

shyt is a no,...nikka no moment.

Art Barr

This is another one of those chucky from fresh imagination went bad moments all over again.

nikkaz on that:

Blam
Blam
Blam
Spider man go down blam blam blam,....i got them dope moves and drop the gun and get a tire shut out on your hand woat dufus deaths in a film moment.

Just this dufus connection to erroneously defame drunken fist.
as jar jar's discipline of fighting is as dumb as you get.
:pachaha:

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Where are all these Jar Jar theories coming from? :heh:

And Yoda wasn't a bumbling fool, he was testing Luke

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
george-lucas-signing-contract.jpg