Gerardo (Rico Suave) - "Suge used to get violent at Interscope"

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
RANDOM AS F*CK!!!!

THIS WAS MY CHIT!!!!

RICO.........SUAVE

:stylin::stylin:

I tried telling cats about the Doug Morris story in one of the Suge threads on here,basically just to say you cant compare Suge to these other guys. Sure Suge fukked over some artist,bought violence to the game,but that's nothing many of these black/white CEO's haven't been apart of,done themselves,had done,or stirred up artist to do to other artist....Difference is they all were careful to keep it out of massas sight,keep massa out of harms way,dont bring beef to massa:whoa:

Suge on the other hand was equal opportunist with the shyts:banderas:...From making Doug morris feel the same fire black ceos and artist had to feel in this hiphop shyt,from trying to get his hands on Lyor Cohen because him and Russell tried to steal Snoop away under his nose.

"They figured if they could work it out with Snoop, they could work it out with Jimmy [Iovine], and where that leave me? So then that’s when people turned around and said, ‘Oh, Death Row mothafukkas is some f*cked up motherfukkas, and Suge Knight’s an aggressive mothaf*cka.’ Because somebody had to put their foot so far up Russell’s a*s he thought he was in the hot tub with the guys he usually be with. [Laughs.]"

I don't know if I can say Suge was good for the game completely,but being that he signed a bunch of street nikkas to his label he needed to be tough,it made them work and put out great material:blessed:...and as far as cacs in the suits go pulling a lot of these strings behind the scenes,it was good to have them under pressure for once,to finally have them in the fire right along with everybody else:banderas:...As long as hiphop has been around its almost unheard of which is sad when you think about how often we beef and have confrontations among each other.

That's why I got love for the Suges and Dames of the game,people can call them bad businessmen because they labels is gone now or w/e....But I guarantee you if Suge and Dame allowed themselves to be the instrument of destruction of these higher ups,or kept they aggressive behavior pointed away from the direction of white suits and only on other black men....they would still have positions somewhere in the game,likely high positions.

Those few years where white ceos who profited off the culture that consisted of highway robbery,violence,death,extortion,finally had to feel the heat as well?We should thank Suge for the good times,and memories,it wasnt so fun when the 300 pound rabbit had the gun:banderas:

:mjcry:

beautifully written

such an inspirational composition

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
lol @ sitting at an awards show, hoping that you dont win.

i always wondered how some of these novelty acts felt when they were up for awards.

If the lox woulda had a prime Suge 'renegotiating' their contracts, puffy's unborn grandkids wouldn't be eating off their publishing :mjcry:

they almost signed to death row.

til mary j threw the warning and said go with puff.

Last edited:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Exactly...

In fact Morris Levy did so much dirt that he makes Suge Knight look like an Altar Boy

Morris did it all from bootlegging his own artists to being indicted for supplying the Black Mafia of Philadelphia with Heroin ...

Let's not forget all the jazz musicians who got hooked on dope while performing at his infamous BIRDLAND nightclub in NYC..

Keep in mind he is the OG MENTOR to TOMMY MOTTOLA...HARRY RIFKIND (the father of Steve Rifkind) and Joe Robinson the cofounder of Sugar Hill Records

All of whom were known for the shady music business deals.....

So nobody can single out Suge when the whole industry is SHADY!!

Word to q tip!
Truth. Was Qtip spitting this truth also?

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
lol @ sitting at an awards show, hoping that you dont win.

i always wondered how some of these novelty acts felt when they were up for awards.

they almost signed to death row.

til mary j threw the warning and said go with puff.
In hindsight tho....they were screwed either way. Death Row collapsed, and Sean Combs has their money.

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"They figured if they could work it out with Snoop, they could work it out with Jimmy [Iovine], and where that leave me? So then that’s when people turned around and said, ‘Oh, Death Row mothafukkas is some f*cked up motherfukkas, and Suge Knight’s an aggressive mothaf*cka.’ Because somebody had to put their foot so far up Russell’s a*s he thought he was in the hot tub with the guys he usually be with. [Laughs.]"

:laff: