German SPD leader seeks "United States of Europe" by 2025

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel

BERLIN, Dec 7 (Reuters) - The leader of Germany’s Social Democrats (SPD) called on Thursday for closer integration in the European Union, with the aim of achieving a “United States of Europe” by 2025, while countries who are not on board should leave the bloc.

With that in mind, Martin Schulz told a party congress that he wants the EU to agree to a new constitutional treaty which creates a federal Europe, which can act together in policy in areas including domestic and foreign security, tax and monetary affairs and asylum and international development.

“This constitutional treaty must then be presented in all member states and those that do not agree would automatically leave the EU,” he said.

Schulz added that European values were being systematically undermined in Poland, with the EU being unable to do anything about it, while Hungary was also moving further and further away from the bloc, including with big deals with China.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.

BERLIN, Dec 7 (Reuters) - The leader of Germany’s Social Democrats (SPD) called on Thursday for closer integration in the European Union, with the aim of achieving a “United States of Europe” by 2025, while countries who are not on board should leave the bloc.

With that in mind, Martin Schulz told a party congress that he wants the EU to agree to a new constitutional treaty which creates a federal Europe, which can act together in policy in areas including domestic and foreign security, tax and monetary affairs and asylum and international development.

“This constitutional treaty must then be presented in all member states and those that do not agree would automatically leave the EU,” he said.

Schulz added that European values were being systematically undermined in Poland, with the EU being unable to do anything about it, while Hungary was also moving further and further away from the bloc, including with big deals with China.
:ohhh:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They seem to have this vision of unity that strongly disagrees with that continents history. Its a great goal to have but the way they are going about achieving it needs to be re-thought.
Why's it a great goal?

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
They seem to have this vision of unity that strongly disagrees with that continents history. Its a great goal to have but the way they are going about achieving it needs to be re-thought.
They want unity under their fist...

Same kind of unity Hitler wanted...

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The continent has a gross history of infighting. Unity means peace so that’s a great goal.
:scust: Unity means peace. Do you not hear the implicit threat in that? Independent states means violence. :demonic:
germany is like "please save yourselves....we germans cant help but to want to destroy you"
:russ:

This! Get down or lay down.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
is germany the head of the EU, and if so why and how?
it seems that whenever big news comes out of the EU, germany is at the spear head of it.
i know that today germany is an economic powerhouse but gottamn, when you look back at the history of 20th century europe it makes you scratch your head.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
:scust: Unity means peace. Do you not hear the implicit threat in that? Independent states means violence. :demonic:
Well I think its based on historical precedent of previous world wars more than it is a threat.:francis:

Despite that, I've always thought the EU is destined to fail because over time, countries will desire autonomy over their own states. Unless you're going all the way in and declaring that all states will be one big state, it will fall apart. You can't half ass it.

I think in the United States while a person in Nebraska may be different than some New York City Yuppie, at the end of the day similar language and certain culture traits are shared. Also the United States started with a clean slate while you're asking countries with centuries of cultural legacies that they are steeped in to act like all their interests are shared with another country in the same vein but different and not to mention don't even speak the same language.

Nationalists groups arising and the overall disdain for the EU project is not a surprise...

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Well I think its based on historical precedent of previous world wars more than it is a threat.:francis:

Despite that, I've always thought the EU is destined to fail because over time, countries will desire autonomy over their own states. Unless you're going all the way in and declaring that all states will be one big state, it will fall apart. You can't half ass it.

I think in the United States while a person in Nebraska may be different than some New York City Yuppie, at the end of the day similar language and certain culture traits are shared. Also the United States started with a clean slate while you're asking countries with centuries of cultural legacies that they are steeped in to act like all their interests are shared with another country in the same vein but different and not to mention don't even speak the same language.

Nationalists groups arising and the overall disdain for the EU project is not a surprise...

Oh, so you get why this is a terrible idea.:lolbron:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

i agree with what you are saying.
america is way new on the stage of global history.
in the short period of time that america has existed,
many events have carved gorges between it's people and we are dealing with the consequences of those differences today.
some examples:

slavery, civil war, native american genocide, mexican american war, civil rights movement...now those are just a few example that fall within 217 years.

now take into consideration that the nations of europe have a history going back to pre-roman empire times.
we are talking over 2000 years of history and it often was not pretty.

imagine trying to herd all those cats.