Getting into data science/data analytics...

Daps
Are there any major certs out for data science we should know about?
I know I am way late to the game. This has my interest especially when I saw that you don't have to have a PHD to be in this field. Also it seems to me that everything will involve more and more data. here in Northern VA they are building so many data warehouses it makes my head spin.

Data Professionals

Daps

Medio

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
I’ve been doing this for almost 4.5 years now. Started at doing data analytics and transitioning to data science. The majority of my job is data analytics and predictive modeling.

To do this field you have to know SQL and you have to know python, and of course you have to know statistics and theories on statistical modeling, and deep learning. You can learn R and Scala too but most I think python is the most popular within the profession.

Although I’m on the field now I just started the EdX python for data science certification course and I’m doing that on the weekends and after work. I think it will help supplement my growth and I’m leanring a lot there already that I did not know during my job. And it will look good for the resume. I’m also considering doing the aws data science certification after EdX since AWS is king.

If you have any questions let me know

OC's finest

All Star
Daps
I’ve been doing this for almost 4.5 years now. Started at doing data analytics and transitioning to data science. The majority of my job is data analytics and predictive modeling.

To do this field you have to know SQL and you have to know python, and of course you have to know statistics and theories on statistical modeling, and deep learning. You can learn R and Scala too but most I think python is the most popular within the profession.

Although I’m on the field now I just started the EdX python for data science certification course and I’m doing that on the weekends and after work. I think it will help supplement my growth and I’m leanring a lot there already that I did not know during my job. And it will look good for the resume. I’m also considering doing the aws data science certification after EdX since AWS is king.

If you have any questions let me know

Out of curiosity, what do jobs in this field pay like ?

Skillz

Rookie
Daps
I'm in Analytics now. I use SAS & SQL Server mostly. I also use Hadoop (SQL) which has more detailed data. Some Statistics to determine effectiveness, pretty much a/b test.

I've seen other coworkers work with Power BI. R & Python - friendly banter between the two groups.

I need to check out the course @Medio mentioned and get back to learning. Starting to feel Stagnant.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Signed up for a python course this fall. You're pour jelly on yourself right if youre not studying r and python.

Close to saying fukk it to my Master's and just getting an analytics cert and hitting the programming HARD. We just had a 2 star military guy come in and begged for us to learn R for our own sake. A M.S. isn't a sexy thing to me as learning an second/third language....:patrice:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Close to saying fukk it to my Master's and just getting an analytics cert and hitting the programming HARD. We just had a 2 star military guy come in and begged for us to learn R for our own sake. A M.S. isn't a sexy thing to me as learning an second/third language....:patrice:
hrhr
Google analytics is free and comes with a printable cert.