Getting into data science/data analytics...

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Close to saying fukk it to my Master's and just getting an analytics cert and hitting the programming HARD. We just had a 2 star military guy come in and begged for us to learn R for our own sake. A M.S. isn't a sexy thing to me as learning an second/third language....:patrice:

An MS helps a lot, half those jobs have it a requirement.

Medio

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
Close to saying fukk it to my Master's and just getting an analytics cert and hitting the programming HARD. We just had a 2 star military guy come in and begged for us to learn R for our own sake. A M.S. isn't a sexy thing to me as learning an second/third language....:patrice:

Tough call -- Master's is still respected - it'll show you have knowledge. Masters + Cert = awesome and trustworthy and that you actually understand the math behind the programming. Cert only works better in pure programming but I'd say but not as much in analytics/data science right now.

I"m not talking out my ass either, my boss who is a PhD would never have me on his team if I didn't have my masters. and I have a direct report and if he just had a cert I'd have to go to other candidates.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Tough call -- Master's is still respected - it'll show you have knowledge. Masters + Cert = awesome and trustworthy and that you actually understand the math behind the programming. Cert only works better in pure programming but I'd say but not as much in analytics/data science right now.

I"m not talking out my ass either, my boss who is a PhD would never have me on his team if I didn't have my masters. and I have a direct report and if he just had a cert I'd have to go to other candidates.

I do have a B.S. in pure Math so it's not like I'm coming from Business or something, but I feel you. :ehh:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

So employers really want masters :patrice:

I wonder I should apply for a masters in data analysis.

Last edited: