Getting Married Is Not an Accomplishment...the Disrespect...#GMB

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
well, like i said, if you don't agree with me, you probably don't understand sexism and the role women play within our society. you're busy getting caught up in how you'd feel about it if you met a woman. not to mention, if a man DIDN'T have a job and just stayed home and was a "housewife", he'd have no value. you might even be able to challenge his manhood based on our society's values. while at the same time a woman without a job that stays at home, raises a family and kids has value within our society. women excelling educationally isn't expected so it's rarely congratulated or even valued equally to a man.

please refer to wage gaps between sexes for further information about the ascribed value of a working woman compared to the value of a working man.

The majority of degree holders in the USA are women...they are expected to have a degree. Fast Facts

And the wage gap is a myth and has been debunked several times by several people. It's just the last leg feminists have to stand on and they intentionally continue to beat this drum.

Forbes Welcome
Harvard prof. takes down gender wage gap myth
Equal Pay Day Revisited: Why The Gender Pay Gap Is Still A Myth
The ‘Wage Gap’ Myth That Won’t Die
6 Feminist Myths That Will Not Die

And I do understand sexism and feminism pretty well, I am just not a bleeding heart or a kiss ass for women and whatever perceived plights they have when it's just societal whining about non-existent plights.

Last edited:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
“You don’t have to have a brain, drive or special skill set to get married. You just have to have a willing partner.”

This is patently false (to me). Had my wife been lacking in ANY of those departments I wouldn't have married her.

The writer of this article is........

:camby:

Urbane

Pro
Daps
The things people whine about :mjlol:. I'm sorry you received so many congratulations for this (hopefully) once in a lifetime event. I get her overall point, but someone just presumably spent a good amount of money to express their interest in spending the rest of their LIFE with you. Just relax for a minute.

miranda

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I disagree. Woman that are unmarried and childless are not seen a whole or complete people

Is the woman pictured the author of the piece? I won't say article because there are no links
I would think not since she described herself as still being engaged

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
The majority of degree holders in the USA are women...they are expected to have a degree.

And the wage gap is a myth and has been debunked several times by several people. It's just the last leg feminists have to stand on and they intentionally continue to beat this drum.

Forbes Welcome
Harvard prof. takes down gender wage gap myth
Equal Pay Day Revisited: Why The Gender Pay Gap Is Still A Myth
The ‘Wage Gap’ Myth That Won’t Die
6 Feminist Myths That Will Not Die

And I do understand sexism and feminism pretty well, I am just not a bleeding heart or a kiss ass for women and whatever perceived plights they have when it's just societal whining about non-existent plights.
all those articles do are highlight discrepancies that are debatable, so you have no point once again. first they say it's a matter of jobs (careers) they apply for, then they blame it on kids, and then the amount of hours worked. two of which reasons can probably be linked to sexism in the workplace anyways. what's worse is that they mention how the discrepancies exist with the numbers yet don't provide a recalculation, which means they probably haven't compared enough facts as it is to honestly refute the statements on the wage gaps, they just keep refer to new ways to calculate. now i'll quote from the last article you posted...

"Wage gap activists say women with identical backgrounds and jobs as men still earn less. But they always fail to take into account critical variables. Activist groups like the National Organization for Women have a fallback position: that women’s education and career choices are not truly free—they are driven by powerful sexist stereotypes. In this view, women’s tendency to retreat from the workplace to raise children or to enter fields like early childhood education and psychology, rather than better paying professions like petroleum engineering, is evidence of continued social coercion. Here is the problem: American women are among the best informed and most self-determining human beings in the world. To say that they are manipulated into their life choices by forces beyond their control is divorced from reality and demeaning, to boot.

what i underlined right there, that's called denial...

and, as far as them earning more degrees, that's true but we're talking about the value placed on the roles they assume (soon to be married woman vs. single woman with college education), while a male with a degree has a higher value than a woman in general, not the fact a lot of women get degrees.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
These women place more value on the drone work they do for faceless companies and the overvalued degrees they accumulate than the actual interpersonal relationships that more than anything determine one's satisfaction with life. Sad, really.

MarcMan

Superstar
Daps
For ugly hoes it's an accomplishment.

But seriously I agree with at least 90% of what she said. It's some of the lessons I will pass along to my future daughter(s). You need to be ok with yourself and be confident being an individual before rushing to marriage.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
She's right actually, getting married in and of itself is not an accomplishment. Staying married and building with our life partner is an accomplishment.

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Bottom Line, Whether It's Work, School, Marriage, Running A Marathon, Whatever

Nothing Is An Accomplishment Until You Suceed At It

#repifwehadrep

My mom has both - degree and marriage. They're coming up on 29 years in December. I'm pretty sure that she'd say that going to the courthouse on her lunch break wasn't exactly an accomplishment. Hell, the bigger accomplishment was making it back to work on DART before her break was up. But a 29-year marriage and nobody got hit, stabbed or buried under the weak-ass roof they had to replace? Hell, yeah, that's an accomplishment.

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
Yeah...you are in the minority of people in the entire world that is self-employed...

And men do not get kudos for getting a fukking job. It's an expectation. Having a degree is an expectation in 2016. This isn't 1950s, anybody can get a degree and I mean anybody.

Like I never met a guy and be like, "Bruh, you got a job...you made it nikka!"

"Bruh, you got a degree...that's fukking fantastic."

And these type of women do want to be men, with a vagina. They have a very distorted view of mainstream society and male society because they think life is about racking up a list of bullshyt overglorified crap...like jobs and degrees...they are just drinking capitalistic meritocratic bullshyt. These type of women want to rack these things up and gets props...like a trained animal wanting a treat because it can sit its ass on the ground when commanded too...when most people, if you really ask them...they give 0 fukks about these things.

Most people care about being happy and content...and they thinking getting bullshyt like degrees and jobs would make them happy and content because society would then validate their worth. If a bytch or some nikka told me, she was genuinely happy and content, I would be impressed. That's an accomplishment.

Motherfukkers talking about their degrees and jobs fukking bore me and I don't care...the fukk do you want, a cookie because you are a cog in society? So I am...so? :stopitslime:

A woman comes at me about her degree and her job...I wouldn't wanna be with her.

If a man comes to me about his degree and job...I wouldn't wanna be friends with him.

Getting a job and getting a degree is a 1st world requirement, there's nothing impressive about it. It is like being able to tie your shoes at this point. I don't congratulate men for having it, I don't ask men abut it, I don't care if a man has it...why would I treat a woman any differently?

Women like the author of the OP are finding out that the world really doesn't give a fukk about shyt like jobs and degrees and she's walking around like...

"Give me props please, I have a job and a degree and I am woman." :feedme:

Men get props for shyt because of who they are as human beings...not because of a job title or an education level.

Women like this is no different than middle class Black people that walk around poking their chest out on some "I am a college graduate" and they constantly bringing that shyt up in race debates and shyt.

The meritocratic capitalist society is an illusion...nobody truly give a fukk about your job title or your education level...we give each metaphorical pats on the back through income and sheepskin...and conferences and award ceremonies...to validate people and their self-worth...but it's not fukking accomplishment.

A woman shouldn't feel some type of way when out in the public sphere...nobody cares about her job title and her education level.

:whew: