GGG-Canelo Master Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps

So, all GGG has to do is KO Jacobs and then he's "ready" for Canelo by late 2017? :heh:

That's what the plan has been all along BATB:russ:

GGG beats Jacobs, takes another stay busy fight, and then Canelo in September at 160....but I don't think it's going to happen in 2017 either:manny:

To me that is the ideal. GGG-Jacobs early next year. Canelo gets a 160 tune up early next year. Then both fight again (Canelo in May) and then a September showdown. As you said, still will remain skeptical until I see it.

And I found that JCC article interesting. We'll see if any #ConsistencyCops come out. JCC says he'll fight GGG at 168 and can make 164 to make the Mexican Heroes fight. Hmmm...sounds familiar to another fighter from this thread people like to criticize. :ohhh: Cause you know, saying you'll fight in your weight class for a great fight, but saying you can move down for a life changing fight that won't happen otherwise, is ducking brehs. :sas2:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
To me that is the ideal. GGG-Jacobs early next year. Canelo gets a 160 tune up early next year. Then both fight again (Canelo in May) and then a September showdown. As you said, still will remain skeptical until I see it.

And I found that JCC article interesting. We'll see if any #ConsistencyCops come out. JCC says he'll fight GGG at 168 and can make 164 to make the Mexican Heroes fight. Hmmm...sounds familiar to another fighter from this thread people like to criticize. :ohhh: Cause you know, saying you'll fight in your weight class for a great fight, but saying you can move down for a life changing fight that won't happen otherwise, is ducking brehs. :sas2:
Great point....Im going to bring this up soon:sas2:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

So, all GGG has to do is KO Jacobs and then he's "ready" for Canelo by late 2017? :heh:

That's what the plan has been all along BATB:russ:

GGG beats Jacobs, takes another stay busy fight, and then Canelo in September at 160....but I don't think it's going to happen in 2017 either:manny:

Lol if BATB posted that here in the past 3 months it'd turn into a multi-day discussion breh.......you know this. No need to slander BATB because he has a good boxing promotion sense.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

Dog it'd be the most obvious shyt ever if Canelo passed up fighting triple G at 160 just to fight Julio Cesar Martinez Jr at 164. shyt I'd buy tickets just to throw trash at the ring. Brehs would be taken to Guantanamo Bay of #ConsistencyCops

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Lol if BATB posted that here in the past 3 months it'd turn into a multi-day discussion breh.......you know this. No need to slander BATB because he has a good boxing promotion sense.

How'd I slander him?:patrice:

And he's not saying anything new that K2 isn't already doing. The plan has been for GGG to face Jacobs then Canelo in September 2017....Bradley must've just read up on it and doubled back to not sound as foolish as he did before saying the fight needs to wait

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
How'd I slander him?:patrice:

And he's not saying anything new that K2 isn't already doing. The plan has been for GGG to face Jacobs then Canelo in September 2017....Bradley must've just read up on it and doubled back to not sound as foolish as he did before saying the fight needs to wait
Didn't he say he'd have Triple G get his resume up first if he was Canelo? IDK TBH. Someone typed in BATB in #RingGang so I got a text message/work e-mail/personal e-mail alert and had to make sure everything was copacetic.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Dog it'd be the most obvious shyt ever if Canelo passed up fighting triple G at 160 just to fight Julio Cesar Martinez Jr at 164. shyt I'd buy tickets just to throw trash at the ring. Brehs would be taken to Guantanamo Bay of #ConsistencyCops

He's talking about the fact that JCC Jr said he would fight GGG only at 168...but yet he's willing to fight Canelo at 164:sas1:

That's the exact same as GGG saying he'd fight Floyd at 154...but Canelo only at 160:sas2:

Chavez Jr: I Can Take Gennady Golovkin's Punch - Knock GGG Out! - Boxing News

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Golovkin's unique approach to training

GGG is going to camp and going to go through the camp with the same preparation he would do if he had a fight, minus sparring, to stay in shape and sharp.

Also had this to say about fighting Jacobs:

"Jacobs is the fight that I would like to be my next fight, because Jacobs is probably the strongest middleweight contender in the world," Golovkin said. "It's a serious challenge for me, and that's why it's a very interesting fight. He has a big name, so this is a very interesting and serious fight. I would like to beat Jacobs, and I would like him to be my next opponent. He is maybe the most qualified fighter to fight against."

Golovkin said he was somewhat disappointed he did not get to fight three times this year but knows that making fights can be complicated. So he is OK with waiting for the Jacobs deal to be made.

"It's not a question of disappointment. It's a question of following the WBA rules," Golovkin said. "I had no choice because Jacobs is my mandatory, so I have to fight against him and deal with the situation. So be it. I will fight against him when we get everything worked out. Now we need to resolve the situation, and then I will fight against Jacobs."

Status
Not open for further replies.