Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire | March 29, 2024 | Final Trailer

motionlessZombie

All Star
Daps
Now this is what I picture a Ghostbusters' movie should look like. A mixture of the Real Ghostbusters' cartoon, Extreme Ghostbusters, and the first 2 movies. Annie Potts still is a cutie. I'll be in the theater day one.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
The tone right away feels like the animated series season 1 for RGB and XGB...

Sad it took so long but I am in the trap day one..

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Well, I learned something new today about the making of Slimer today.

"During the pre-production of Ghostbusters, Ivan Reitman remarked Slimer was sort of like Bluto in the film Animal House, like the ghost of John Belushi.[1]

Special effects artist Steve Johnson sculpted the gluttonous, slimy, green ghost then known only as the "Onion Head ghost" on set due to the puppet's unpleasant smell.[2][3] Now commonly known as "Slimer", it was not called that until the 1986 animated television series The Real Ghostbusters.[4] The Slimer design took six months, and approximately $300,000 to develop.[5][3] It went through many variations, which Johnson blamed on executive interference through micromanagement, constant adjustments, and conflicting notes on how to modify each detail. He said: "In the beginning, they asked for a 'smile with arms' but before I knew it ... 'give him 13% more pathos, put ears on him, take his ears off, less pathos, more pathos, make his nose bigger, now his nose is too big, make his nose smaller ... Make him more cartoony, make him less cartoony."
[3]

The day before his deadline, Johnson learned Aykroyd and Ramis had wanted Slimer to be an homage to John Belushi's likeness. With that information and a series of Belushi headshots, Johnson took at least three grams of cocaine and believed that Belushi's ghost was visiting him to provide encouragement. It was during this episode that he sculpted the final Slimer design that appears in the film."

Slimer - Wikipedia

The fukk?
full
So, we can thank the creation and design of Slimer to that white nose candy.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Based on the trailer, it seems like they’re leaning more into the horror/supernatural side instead of the comedy, which would be a welcome change. I know there was a Ghostbusters before this one, but they’re still recovering from thy disaster all female cast film.

motionlessZombie

All Star
Daps
I went and saw this yesterday at my local AMC theater. I got the ghost trap popcorn tin, which was $43. Its gonna be used as display only. As far as the movie goes, I give it a solid 8/10. It is a good Ghostbusters' movie, but it does go heavy handed on the nostalgia and easter eggs to GB 1,2, and Afterlife.

Within the first 10 min of the movie, there is a Ghostbusting scene with the Spengler family in NY. They are chasing a water dragon ghost in the Ecto 1. Phoebe uses the gunner seat to catch the ghost, causing damage to a building with the proton stream. The ghost is caught. We get a news report about the situation, in which shows the OG crew and the Statue of Liberty walking in GB 2. Peck is the mayor and finds out that Phoebe is 15 and child labor laws is being violated. Phoebe can't be a Ghostbuster anymore, gets depressed and befriends a 16 year old ghost girl named Melody. Meanwhile, Ray Stanz and Podcast has a podcast where people bring in possessed artifacts and get them read on the PKE meter. If no ghost is detected, Podcast smashes the item with a sledgehammer. Nadeem brings in a orb, which contains the big bad of the movie, to Ray's Occult and wants $50 for the orb. Ray scans the orb with the PKE meter and the meter shatters. Also, we find out that the containment unit in the firehouse is overloaded and we get a scene of Winston introducing the new team to the second headquarters where they have built a new containment unit in the original vision of Egon's plan. There is a device that extracts spirits from objects that will be a pivotal part in the movie later. We find out that Nadeem's grandmother was a part of a group of mystics, known as Firestarters that guarded the orb from keeping the big bad from escaping. At one point, Ray, Podcast and Phoebe goes to the library and meet up with Patton Oswald's character and he tells them the origin of the orb and the big bad, who we now know as Garraka. One of the ghosts that escaped the second headquarters' isolation room in an earlier scene possesses a audio sphere and runs out of the library. We see the library ghost from the first movie scare Ray. Ray almost gets attacked by the lion statue, that is possessed by the possessor ghost. Phoebe pulls out a proton gun from Ecto 5, a motorbike and blows up the statue. They get arrested and Peck has the Firehouse condemned and the proton packs confiscated for destruction. Phoebe goes and vents to the ghost girl, takes her to the second headquarters, gets into the separation machine and becomes a ghost for 2 minutes on some Lydia Deetz thinking. We find out that Garraka can mind control spirits and the ghost girl uses Phoebe's spirit to release him via a ancient chant, since only a human voice can release him. Lucky comes in and tries to blast Garraka, but he freezes the beam and escapes. He goes to look for the Firemaster and says "Are you the Firemaster?" in a callback to the first movie with the keymaster. He kills a convenience worker via ice because the guy was working in the store which was named Firemaster. Nadeem is the Firemaster in which we find out in a earlier scene when Venkman does a test on him while Nadeem has the Louis Tully hat on from the first movie. Everyone suits up, including Annie Potts' fine ass and tries to stop Garraka from reaching the containment unit and releasing all of the ghosts to create a army. Winston had new proton packs made, which was convenient. Phoebe quickly reconfigure her pack that she had hidden upstairs under her bed to affectively hurt Garraka. The containment unit breaks and we get a explosion just like in the first movie. Garraka freezes everyone up and is about to kill Phoebe, but the ghost girl lights up a match, in which Nadeem becomes Raiden all of a sudden and shoots out a fireball. The og team uses the broken containment unit to trap Garraka and seal him away. The theme song plays and there is a crowd just like in GB 1 and 2 chanting Ghostbusters. Peck pulls up, someone in the crowd calls him dikkless and he acknowledges the Ghostbusters as his tribal chiefs.

Post credit scene: The mini puffs steal an 18-wheeler carrying stay puft marshmallows.

Last edited:

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
It was okay. Cool story. I know I'm wrong but I kinda wanted some blood or legit violence. The lesbian ghost story was pump faked/half assed.

I should have been rated R to really impress me but maybe I'm not the target demo here. I should have just gone to see dune again but I wasn't angry.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Movie was fine:ehh:
I kinda agree with the Mayor though:hubie:
How many people died during the big freeze because of the sloppiness of the Ghostbusters :heh:
Phoebe was directly responsible for the death of that dude in the vape shop.
Winston not upgrading the container at HQ after 40 years is idiotic :why:
Especially since we saw it was abandoned in the last movie and he decided to open it back up at the end.
The firebender plot point makes no sense. Why didn't his parents or grandmother prepare him for the family businesses:what:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
def gonna see during spring break with my sons

me and wifee made them watch 1 and 2 then went to the theater for Afterlife to catch them up.

Afterlife was dope, so we def gonna see this.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Movie was fine:ehh:
I kinda agree with the Mayor though:hubie:
How many people died during the big freeze because of the sloppiness of the Ghostbusters :heh:
Phoebe was directly responsible for the death of that dude in the vape shop.
Winston not upgrading the container at HQ after 40 years is idiotic :why:
Especially since we saw it was abandoned in the last movie and he decided to open it back up at the end.
The firebender plot point makes no sense. Why didn't his parents or grandmother prepare him for the family businesses:what:
your last point...he tells us he's a bum with no ambition so parents prob like :manny: