Gillie Da King Reacts To Wack100 Saying Birdman Is A Real One

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Honestly I just think it started from Roc telling Chain Gang "y'all the hottest dudes from Philly...that's why we signed y'all" "Fukk them nikkas" and Chain Gang started feeling themselves and taking little shots.

im trying to recall it myself.
so much happened so fast.

iirc, they fell out with beans before state property was even a thing.
and beans fell out with philly's most wanted as well.
i think it may have been over jay-z biting ninjas, and beans of course - playing foot soldier in response. i always figured that was the root of it..

but yea, that comment you posted might have been the spark that blew it out of proportion.

Back in the early 2000s labels were scrambling everywhere trying to find the new No Limit or Cash Money... trying to jump in front of a camp that was bumbling on a regional level and blow up the whole scene like what happened with New Orleans...Wallo pretty much said they had that type of movement in mind when they made the Figgas, he looked to the success of NL and CMB and took it from there...so labels were throwing deals...the Figgas flopped pretty awfully once they got signed though and that was that...

as far as what kinda demand Gillie had at the time, look at which deals he ended up taking... if you're this prized super buzzing commodity why are you taking deals with independent southern labels that had never broke an East coast act and couldn't compete advance and budget wise with the big majors? No buzzing east coast rapper is signing to go sit on Sauve House and Cash Money's bench when Def Jam and all the new York labels are right up the interstate with the bigger bag

no limit - yes.
cash money?? not so much. the figgas bidding war started before cash money blew up like that.
Wallo just lumping them two together off GP. people tend to lump CMR's name in the mix whenever they mention No Limit in hindsight, as if CMR blew up right afterwards.

youre too caught up in smoke-n-mirrors.
the figgas were more about money over fame. hence, the reason why they signed with ruffnation over rocafella.
and going back to the suave house deal, that was prolly the bigger bag and he kept his publishing. plus, he was like the first east coast rapper on a southern label. nobody was thinking that deep about whether or not they would know how to promote an east coast guy. youre using 2020 logic concerning something that happened 22 years ago.

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
im trying to recall it myself.
so much happened so fast.

iirc, they fell out with beans before state property was even a thing.
and beans fell out with philly's most wanted as well.
i think it may have been over jay-z biting ninjas, and beans of course - playing foot soldier in response. i always figured that was the root of it..

but yea, that comment you posted might have been the spark that blew it out of proportion.

no limit - yes.
cash money?? not so much. the figgas bidding war started before cash money blew up like that.
Wallo just lumping them two together off GP. people tend to lump CMR's name in the mix whenever they mention No Limit in hindsight, as if CMR blew up right afterwards.

youre too caught up in smoke-n-mirrors.
the figgas were more about money over fame. hence, the reason why they signed with ruffnation over rocafella.
and going back to the suave house deal, that was prolly the bigger bag and he kept his publishing. plus, he was like the first east coast rapper on a southern label. nobody was thinking that deep about whether or not they would know how to promote an east coast guy. youre using 2020 logic concerning something that happened 22 years ago.

I forgot about Beans fallin out with PMW. Yet, Boo & Mr remained close through all of it, so it really had to be Beans gettin the battery in the back. That's the only thing that makes sense.

These people really weren't around then. Dutch & Spade were supposed to be huge, and that was before the rest of the Figgas. Untertainment was Cam, Dutch & Spade and Chuck. These were "Legacy of BIG" thru Un.

Now the argument is had they signed to the Roc, would they have been bigger? Possibly, had bigger songs, however, they were already a group, not a manufactured one like Chain Gang....and ultimately they all ended up in the same place.

Gizza

Can’t find a job, YOU can rap at least
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norcal
You don’t even believe that Yeah That’s Us was the #2 biggest rap song in summer of 2000, the peak of rap commercial success with songs like Country Grammar, Big Pimpin’, various tracks from Dre’s 2001 and Em’s 2nd album etc all in rotation :russ:... hit rap records were going multi platinum off of pure sales back then...I don’t know what chart or metric you’re using, but I can ensure you it doesn’t mean what you think it means...probably some shyt that tracks adds cause the label was trying make it pop on initial release before seeing it had no traction and letting it flop...cause the very idea that Yeah That’s Us was the 2nd biggest rap at any point is a obscene reimagining of history

Give me a link to “Yeah that’s Us” being on the billboard top 40 (the definition of “hit record” traditionally) and I’ll cash app you $20 right now
EEK OF JULY 29, 2000
THIS WEEK

AWARD

LAST WEEK
PEAK POS.
WKS ON CHART

• zane-ct9-180x180.jpg
    • Callin' Me​

Lil' Zane Featuring 112

• 2NEW
  • major-figgas-csb-180x180.jpg
    • Yeah That's Us​

Major Figgas

• -

Easy money:mjgrin:

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
EEK OF JULY 29, 2000
THIS WEEK

AWARD

LAST WEEK
PEAK POS.
WKS ON CHART

• zane-ct9-180x180.jpg
    • Callin' Me​

Lil' Zane Featuring 112

• 2NEW
  • major-figgas-csb-180x180.jpg
    • Yeah That's Us​

Major Figgas

• -

Easy money:mjgrin:

The “Hot Rap Songs” Chart is NOT the “Top 40”….this is exactly what I said it was in that post…see that “new” next to the song…Yeah That’s Us premiered #2 on the hot rap charts the first week it was added to radio (in other words the label gave it an honest push)…it didn’t test well, flopped, and dropped like a rock….and never ever once sniffed the actual Top 40

Look at the other songs on that link you provided

#5 So Flossy​

Midwest Mafia Featuring Phatty Banks :heh:

You’re telling me this was the fifth biggest rap song in the summer of 2000 :russ::russ::russ: