GMB. Is this married woman entitled or nah?

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
Found it on Reddit.

"My husband "Daniel" and I have been together for 6 years, married for 3. When we met, he was an engineer here in the Bay Area (Silicon Valley) while I was a teacher. I was making around $60K a year which is nothing in the Bay Area so I was still living at my parents house, and he was making around $110K which is just enough to get a one-bedroom apartment in a decent area. After about a year of dating we moved in together and married a bit after that. He's always paid the majority of the bills, I'll admit that.

Daniel worked full time as an engineer when we met but had a side project that he & a friend were really passionate about. Just a few months after we married, the side project really took off and they had buyers interested. They ended up selling up the side project and my husband & his friend pocketed a couple million each. They teamed up again for another project and that one did well too. Two successes opened up a lot of doors for them -- investors, capital, resources, all of that. My husband quit his old job in order to work on innovating more products with the capital & investors that are now available to them(I know I'm being vague, don't want this to be identifiable). Anyways, he's not Elon Musk or anything but he's doing really well.

Just last year we bought a nice house in the Bay Area which I always thought was unobtainable. New house + 2 new cars + we eat out/go out more + vacations + no financial stress. Our lives have improved a LOT with this money. I definitely would not be living a life so comfortable if it weren't for my husband's success.

So I was a teacher up until about 6 months ago -- I've always HATED my job. I worked at an awful school with zero administrative support and poor funding, it was beyond stressful. Dreaded going to work each morning. My husband has known about this for ages and he sat me down this past summer and said "I finally make enough to support us both and I can't enjoy my life if you're not happy. Quit your job and pursue something else. If you wanna go to school, go to school. If you want to focus on raising our future kids, do that. I just want you to be happy". Music to my ears. I could write a book about how great this man is. We're planning on starting a family in 2018/2019. Things are really good right now.

Okay so that's all background here's the problem -- Daniel sat me down a few days ago and said that he wants to sign a post-nup agreement to "protect himself and his work" just in case something happens. He said that the circumstances when we got married vs. now are very different and, again, he wants to "protect himself". He basically wants something where if our relationship ends, he doesn't lose too much money. He gave me time to think about it.

I don't know how to feel about this. I talked with my best friend about it and both of us are just confused. I was with my husband when we were just two normal middle-class people and now all of a sudden I feel like he doesn't trust me because he has money. I've never asked him for anything now that I wouldn't have asked before. I didn't ask him to buy me a new car or to support me if I quit my job. I've never gone on shopping sprees with his card or anything like that. It just hurts me and honestly I can't help but to think about how now that he's rich he could leave me tomorrow and hook up with some gorgeous 22 year old. It's just a really sad feeling. He told me this a few days ago and it ruined my Xmas because I just can't get it out of my head. I would never, never, never hurt my husband even if our relationship ended so I don't feel the need for a postnup at all, but really I'm just sad.

tl;dr: Married a middle-class guy. He ended up becoming rich and now he wants to sign a post-nup."

TLDR: She marries a low six-figure guy, who ends up making millions with his business partner. Now he wants a post-nup and she is hurt. She is adamant she would never, ever do anything to hurt him. Describes him as otherwise perfect and wants to start a family together.

Imo, homie played himself getting married and he knows it. Be a millionaire and be tied down brehs. If he threatens to divorce her over not signing it, he loses half his shyt anyways. GMB.

What say you?

channelblond

Banned
Daps
He did the right thing, but he should of done this before the marriage . I can't speak for the US but the UK the divorce courts will crush you . They will take what you made outside the marriage and in the marriage then divide it.

Prenups are mandatory.

I will make my wife sign a prenup

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I get what he’s trying to do with the pre-nup but that’s something you lay on the table BEFORE you get married. Kinda fukked up go throw that out there after she stuck with you when you were in the apartment and struggling lol :mjgrin:

Edit: Never mind I’m dumb. I just found out from my girl that a post nup is an actual thing. fukk it he should get it then

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
He did the right thing. I can't speak for US but the UK the divorce courts will crush you financially. They will take what you made outside the marriage and in the marriage and divide it.

Prenups are mandatory.

I will make my wife sign a prenup
He's fukked though, because she has no incentive to sign the papers. If he threatens divorce she get's half his shyt anyways.
He's fukked.
Getting married is the worst idea ever.
I'd honestly have to hire someone to take care of her, there is no other solution where you can take a W here.

Last edited:

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X
Star Wars Intro Creator

tumblr_n18v9q7Iin1trzgq1o1_400.gif

I am Groot!

Hungerpain

Banned
Daps
Son fukked up by telling the bytch to quit her job to do whatever she want.
Nah fukk that hoe this is what you went to school for aint no renegging because i got the bag now.
bytch aint gonna sign them papers tho.
If anything that just entised her to cash out.
He needs to start weighing options.
The key is to make it look like an accident.

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Daps
Doesn’t Jennifer Tilly get money from the Simpsons just because they were married when it was created?

He was a co-creator and she didn’t do crap.

JENNIFER TILLY: LUCKIEST BIMBO IN THE WORLD!

"Anyway, the interview got interesting when Sam Simon (the Simpsons guy & Jen’s ex-husband) called in to spice up the convo by providing some interesting financial information. Apparently 13 episodes into The Simpsons, they bloody divorced and naturally Jenns now gets a cut of the royalties every time the bloody show airs! What could be worse? Ms. Tilly claims to never have watched a full episode of the show!! Don’t you love divorce laws? (Yes-yes, start shaking your heads.)

Howard was getting a headache from the whole thing so he took a call from Jennifer’s ex-husband, Sam Simon. Jennifer now has a Black AmEx card because of the divorce. She says that the money is still coming into her so it’s never going to end. Sam said that Jennifer actually told him not to have any dealings with The Simpsons back when they started out. Howard wondered if Sam has given Jennifer more than 20 million. Sam said it has to be more than that but Jennifer said she’s going to get an auditor to find out if that’s right. Sam told Howard that she keeps demanding more and more money. He said that she recently came to him and said she wanted to talk to him about something. He was hoping that she was going to give him his points back for The Simpsons but all she did was thank him. Jennifer said that she wanted him to put his talents into something that would be successful, because she didn’t think The Simpsons would be successful. Jennifer says that she still has to work these days to pay her bills to live her lifestyle. Sam said that she bought her house for cash and she lives down the street from Don Simpson who is a producer.

For those of you who read that excerpt, you can bytch out Jennifer Tilly in a simple comment. Oh yeah, the reference to the Black Amex card sounds kinda sadistic, but it has a beautiful story behind it. Apparently Sam was on previously and told Howard that one of the clauses in the divorce settlement forced him to refill the card with $250k/year for Jennifer Tilly’s personal expenditures. Pretty damn hilarious, to say the least!

The system works amazingly for women, I tell you. All you girls studying & working hard in life, use this as motivation to whore yourself to extremely rich & creative men (or lesbian women)!!"

Jennifer Tilly: Luckiest Bimbo In The World!

:dwillhuh::damn: #GMB

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Daps
Son fukked up by telling the bytch to quit her job to do whatever she want.
Nah fukk that hoe this is what you went to school for aint no renegging because i got the bag now.
bytch aint gonna sign them papers tho.
If anything that just entised her to cash out.
He needs to start weighing options.
The key is to make it look like an accident.

:russ::mjlol::lolbron::myman: