God

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
FrederickDouglas said:
:skip: You really think mere mortals would be able to find a supernatural giftgiver's workshop if he didn't want to be found?

Sure they would since all the reindeer and elves wouldn't be able to hide their heat signatures. Also, it'd take an inordinate amount of machinery to make all those gifts each year. Now, what evidence do you have that Santa is real?

Ae4qrox.png

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, I just saw my parents putting presents under the tree when I was about 6. Now, what evidence do you have that Santa is real?

Ae4qrox.png

Your parents weren't true believers. :troll:

If they hadn't bought you presents, had you been good, Santa would've brought some anyway. :troll:

And why should I prove he's real? You're the one claiming to have evidence he's not. You show me. :troll:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
FrederickDouglas said:
And why should I prove he's real? You're the one claiming to have evidence he's not. You show me. :troll:

Reindeer don't fly. Also, pretty much every kid saw their parents doing the same thing. Are you saying your parents believe in Santa Clause?

Ae4qrox.png

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You used to be a believer? What did you believe in?
Ae4qrox.png

Perhaps what you thought was belief was actually obedience and in reality you don't know how to believe or what to believe in.
4M5SUNZ.png

I used to believe in a creator that answered my prayers and that would reward my faith.

I used to believe that the Bible was the word of God.

A person can obey without believing. I believed until I learned better.

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One thing I realize, it seems that the atheist feels they are superior as an individual, simply because they don't believe in "fairy tales"

If someone believes in God believes to the day they die there is heaven or hell, there is a 50% chance they are wrong are right. If they are right they go to heaven :blessed:. If they are wrong :comeon: and God is just a story, then what?.............................................they lost nothing.

it always sound the same

apple>android
xbox>ps3
lucky charms>fruit loops
blah blah

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
FrederickDouglas said:
Nowhere in that poem does it say the reindeer aren't magical.

Nowhere does it say they are. Eisegesis is not valid for the purpose of interpretation of text.

So, we know EXACTLY who is responsible for the myth, why he wrote it, and that it was nothing more than a poem written in the 19th Century.

Santa Clause does not exist.

Have a nice day.​

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
I used to believe in a creator that answered my prayers and that would reward my faith.

I used to believe that the Bible was the word of God.

A person can obey without believing. I believed until I learned better.

In all seriousness, I applaud the atheist. I admire the atheist for his courage. Forsaking your parents is not an easy thing to do and I also commend you for your search for truth.

But why stop? How can you call yourself a truth seeker and an atheist at the same time? I would respect the atheist's opinion more if he called himself agnostic or a student or some other less-definitive term. How can you be definitive with no definite answers?

Essentially what you've done is write an answer on your test paper, double check it, didn't like your answer, erased it, and left it completely blank because I have not once ever heard a logical answer that rivals the work of God. So the only thing a 3rd party arbitrator can take from this debate is the atheist is guaranteed to be wrong while the believer still has at the very least a small chance of being right.

The truth is I agree with everything you believe in regards to religion, I just know more than you. So in addition to what you know, I also know the truth of the matter. You said you were Christian and that you believed the Bible was the word of God. Then you stopped believing that. I also don't believe the Bible is the word of God. In fact, IDK why anyone would ever believe that in the first place when the Bible was never claimed to be the word of God.

Being a former Christian, I assume you were taught God is in some way, shape or form a man. You don't believe that anymore and neither do I. How can the creator of all be a man?

But do you now disbelieve in a creator just because this creator didn't give you what you asked for? Even if that was God's purpose, you lost your faith so what reward would you have deserved anyway?

And what did you learn? You learned there is no creator so certainly you must have found a better explanation, right? I would like to hear your theory on the origins of life. Please share what you've learned. :lupe:

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
I'm not answering shyt else cause you won't answer me.
Prove that god created all things.

It's not about proving God created all things. It's about understanding that God created all things. I can show you many things and present them as proof and you can reject them all out of lack of understanding or haughtiness and then we're back to square one. So what is the point in that? You've either been blessed with understanding or you haven't. To see God requires critical thinking and careful analysis. All you're capable of is reading straight facts and repeating them verbatim. Your mind is far from ready to understand God, but one day, God willing.

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nowhere does it say they are. Eisegesis is not valid for the purpose of interpretation of text.

So, we know EXACTLY who is responsible for the myth, why he wrote it, and that it was nothing more than a poem written in the 19th Century.

Santa Clause does not exist.

Have a nice day.​

How else would they be able to travel around the world in one night?

Logically they possess supernatural capabilities whether you want to call it magic or not.

In all seriousness, I applaud the atheist. I admire the atheist for his courage. Forsaking your parents is not an easy thing to do and I also commend you for your search for truth.

But why stop? How can you call yourself a truth seeker and an atheist at the same time? I would respect the atheist's opinion more if he called himself agnostic or a student or some other less-definitive term. How can you be definitive with no definite answers?

Essentially what you've done is write an answer on your test paper, double check it, didn't like your answer, erased it, and left it completely blank because I have not once ever heard a logical answer that rivals the work of God. So the only thing a 3rd party arbitrator can take from this debate is the atheist is guaranteed to be wrong while the believer still has at the very least a small chance of being right.

The truth is I agree with everything you believe in regards to religion, I just know more than you. So in addition to what you know, I also know the truth of the matter. You said you were Christian and that you believed the Bible was the word of God. Then you stopped believing that. I also don't believe the Bible is the word of God. In fact, IDK why anyone would ever believe that in the first place when the Bible was never claimed to be the word of God.

Being a former Christian, I assume you were taught God is in some way, shape or form a man. You don't believe that anymore and neither do I. How can the creator of all be a man?

But do you now disbelieve in a creator just because this creator didn't give you what you asked for? Even if that was God's purpose, you lost your faith so what reward would you have deserved anyway?

And what did you learn? You learned there is no creator so certainly you must have found a better explanation, right? I would like to hear your theory on the origins of life. Please share what you've learned. :lupe:

You don't know more than I do because you apparently don't know that a person can be an agnostic atheist. In fact most atheists are.

Just because I've dismissed every concept of God I've researched as fictional does not mean I'm unwilling to research others.

In fact, intelligent people are smart enough to acknowledge the inevitable gaps in their own knowledge. What they don't do is presumptously fill those gaps with mythology and unsubstantiated ideas.

At the end of the day, the burden of proof rests on you. If you know there is a creator, then prove it. If it's not a creator that conforms to the myths propagated throughout mankind's history, then where do you get your concept? Is it just personal feelings or something in line with actual truth? The more you amend the idea of a creator to fit your logic the more it turns into a product of your imagination, whether you gravitate more towards a personal creator like the majority of believers or you have a more deistic view.