God

Daps
Reppin
London
Isn't God supposed to be everywhere at everytime?
Don't remember reading that. You're going to have to show me where that 'entity' states that in the text.
Don't remember reading that. You're going to have to show me where that 'entity' states that in the text.​

How do you know this 'entity' was watching anything? How do you know there was no reason?

:popcorn:

Hebrews 413 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

Jeremiah 23
23 “Am I only a God nearby,”
declares the Lord,
“and not a God far away?
24 Who can hide in secret places
so that I cannot see them?”
declares the Lord.
“Do not I fill heaven and earth?”
declares the Lord.

Umm, hate to tell you, but the text doesn't state the whole world was flooded. Would you be willing to bet all your Coli cash that I'm mistaken?

I'd like to take you up on that offer. The text does indicate that the whole earth was flooded. It's mostly revisionists who want to retain a literal reading of the flood that have demanded that the text be read as a narrative of a local flood. However, the author of Noah's flood makes it clear: the deluge was global.

The story doesn't say 'the Earth' to mean 'the whole world'. Let me show you what it actually states:

Genesis 7:6 (Leningrad Codex)

וְנֹ֕חַ בֶּן־שֵׁ֥שׁ מֵאֹ֖ות שָׁנָ֑ה וְהַמַּבּ֣וּל הָיָ֔ה מַ֖יִם עַל־הָאָֽרֶץ׃

From right to left.....

And Noah - old - six - hundred - years - when the flood - came - of water - on - the land (or earth)

The Hebrew word (pronounced erets) is read as land, countries, floor, ground, region, earth (as in ground). Had the author intended the whole world, he'd have used the word תֵּבֵל (tebel) which means the world as was done here:

Job 18:18 (Leningrad Codex)

יֶ֭הְדְּפֻהוּ מֵאֹ֣ור אֶל־חֹ֑שֶׁךְ וּֽמִתֵּבֵ֥ל יְנִדֻּֽהוּ׃

From right to left......

He shall be driven - from light - into - darkness - and out of
the world - chased

Would you like to notify a mod to send me your Coli cash or would you rather I do it?

Not quite. That's a forced interpretation. The truth of it is that the Hebrew word for "earth" that you are disputing can clearly also be used to describe the whole earth, not just one's local environs. The clue to this isn't only in the known fact that the word has a multiplicity of meanings, but particularly in the context of how the word is used. Taken out of isolation and insrted back in the story, it's clear that story indicates a global flood. Here are some relevant parts from the story showing the author meant a global flood:

Genesis 6 17
I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it.
19 You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. 20 Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive.

Just a quick commentary: As can be seen, there's little room for manouvering away from what is meant: all life under the heavens are going to be destroyed, except those saved by Noah. Notice it's clear that it is two of every living creature. Not some, nor just the ones in Noah's local earth area

Finally:

Genesis 8
19 They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered. 20 The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than fifteen cubits. 21 Every living thing that moved on land perished—birds, livestock, wild animals, all the creatures that swarm over the earth, and all mankind. 22 Everything on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died. 23 Every living thing on the face of the earth was wiped out; people and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds were wiped from the earth. Only Noah was left, and those with him in the ark..

Notice verse 19? It goes to some trouble to emphasise the covering of all the high mountains under the "entire" heavens. That's global.

Anything other than an allegorical reading of Noah's story will always lead to a global flood - if read in context.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
You don't know more than I do because you apparently don't know that a person can be an agnostic atheist. In fact most atheists are.

Just because I've dismissed every concept of God I've researched as fictional does not mean I'm unwilling to research others.

In fact, intelligent people are smart enough to acknowledge the inevitable gaps in their own knowledge. What they don't do is presumptously fill those gaps with mythology and unsubstantiated ideas.

At the end of the day, the burden of proof rests on you. If you know there is a creator, then prove it. If it's not a creator that conforms to the myths propagated throughout mankind's history, then where do you get your concept? Is it just personal feelings or something in line with actual truth? The more you amend the idea of a creator to fit your logic the more it turns into a product of your imagination, whether you gravitate more towards a personal creator like the majority of believers or you have a more deistic view.

A game of semantics means you're more knowledgeable?

I would encourage you to keep researching, especially since your test answer is still blank.

As far as filling the gaps, I will speak for the strawman you're referring to (because you're certainly not referring to me :heh:). Belief in God has never been about filling gaps. It's an umbrella. There will always be gaps, as man will never know every scientific truth. But all scientific truths, known or unknown, fall under the umbrella of God. That doesn't mean don't seek truth. That doesn't mean don't study the universe. What it does mean is that when you make a discovery about the work of God, understand who it is who is responsible for what you've just learned.

My view is not personal feelings and never has it been amended. If it sounds like I'm tying up loose ends then perhaps what I'm saying is indeed truth and it's resonating with your conscience. I can assure you I am no deist, but a monotheist through and through. I worship the God of Abraham. The same God that has been worshiped throughout human history. The God that predates all written word and thus His origins are untraceable. I simply have a firmer understanding than most. I am a true believer.

Now, back to my question... can you explain the origins of life? As I said before, "I don't know" simply means you are guaranteed to be incorrect. At least give yourself a chance.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
Stop bullshytting. :rudy:

Most people I know who have been "blessed with understanding" lack critical thinking skills and the ability to analyze.

I don't know who these "most" are. I will agree there are many people with blind faith. But I don't align myself with such individuals. Perhaps that's where you learned religion from and that's why you reject it. Again, I commend you for removing yourself from such a situation but your truth seeking is far from over if your answer is "_________".

Last edited:

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A game of semantics means you're more knowledgeable?

I would encourage you to keep researching, especially since your test answer is still blank.

As far as filling the gaps, I will speak for the strawman you're referring to (because you're certainly not referring to me :heh:). Belief in God has never been about filling gaps. It's an umbrella. There will always be gaps, as man will never know every scientific truth. But all scientific truths, known or unknown, fall under the umbrella of God. That doesn't mean don't seek truth. That doesn't mean don't study the universe. What it does mean is that when you make a discovery about the work of God, understand who it is who is responsible for what you've just learned.

My view is not personal feelings and never has it been amended. If it sounds like I'm tying up loose ends then perhaps what I'm saying is indeed truth and it's resonating with your conscience. I can assure you I am no deist, but a monotheist through and through. I worship the God of Abraham. The same God that has been worshiped throughout human history. The God that predates all written word and thus His origins are untraceable. I simply have a firmer understanding than most. I am a true believer.

Now, back to my question... can you explain the origins of life? As I said before, "I don't know" simply means you are guaranteed to be incorrect. At least give yourself a chance.

I don't know who these "most" are. I will agree there are many people with blind faith. But I don't align myself with such individuals. Perhaps that's where you learned religion from and that's why you reject it. Again, I commend you for removing yourself from such a situation but your truth seeking is far from over if your answer is "_________".

0S3wPG6.gif

I don't claim to know where we come from. I just have a good idea of where we didn't.

Since you think you know, you tell me. Don't obfuscate it with some mumbo jumbo about understanding. Don't sidestep it with fallacious arguments.

If I hear a noise outside my door and somebody tells me it's the boogeyman, I don't know what made the noise but I'm pretty goddamn sure it's not the boogeyman...just like I'm pretty sure the god of Abraham is not behind the origin of man.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
0S3wPG6.gif

I don't claim to know where we come from. I just have a good idea of where we didn't.

Since you think you know, you tell me. Don't obfuscate it with some mumbo jumbo about understanding. Don't sidestep it with fallacious arguments.

If I hear a noise outside my door and somebody tells me it's the boogeyman, I don't know what made the noise but I'm pretty goddamn sure it's not the boogeyman...just like I'm pretty sure the god of Abraham is not behind the origin of man.

You don't know where we came from, you just know where we didn't come from? Sorry, friend, but that makes no sense.

God is the creator of all and every other answer that has ever been derived is completely laughable. In thousands of years no one has even come up with a single logical alternative.

I would suggest you drop the "I know where we didn't come from" nonsense and keep searching.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
Yahweh will cast all you demons and non believers in to the hell fire.

Repent while you can

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You don't know where we came from, you just know where we didn't come from? Sorry, friend, but that makes no sense.

God is the creator of all and every other answer that has ever been derived is completely laughable. In thousands of years no one has even come up with a single logical alternative.

I would suggest you drop the "I know where we didn't come from" nonsense and keep searching.

What I'm saying is I'm not going to attribute things I don't know to fictional characters.

And what I'm asking you is this...how do you know the God of Abraham is responsible for the origin of life?

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
What I'm saying is I'm not going to attribute things I don't know to fictional characters.

And what I'm asking you is this...how do you know the God of Abraham is responsible for the origin of life?

You state that God is a "fictional character". Those are your words which means you should be able to provide evidence for your position. You gave a definitive stance. He is fictional. What do you base that on?

My experiences and understanding are my own and based on what you've stated it would be pointless for me to share. I don't think you're in a state of mind to receive my words anyway.

Again, my advice would be to keep searching because I've heard the beginning of your story many times before. Yours is simply incomplete at the moment, but God willing, you will understand. Only God makes believers, not random posters on message boards such as myself. Keep searching. You sound like you've already made up your mind and I would caution against that seeing as how you literally have nothing. Keep searching, breh. Keep searching.

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You state that God is a "fictional character". Those are your words which means you should be able to provide evidence for your position. You gave a definitive stance. He is fictional. What do you base that on?

My experiences and understanding are my own and based on what you've stated it would be pointless for me to share. I don't think you're in a state of mind to receive my words anyway.

Again, my advice would be to keep searching because I've heard the beginning of your story many times before. Yours is simply incomplete at the moment, but God willing, you will understand. Only God makes believers, not random posters on message boards such as myself. Keep searching. You sound like you've already made up your mind and I would caution against that seeing as how you literally have nothing. Keep searching, breh. Keep searching.

Neither do you.

The difference?