GOP says black people traded one plantation for another

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
GOP Lawmaker Said Black Welfare Recipients 'Substituted One Plantation For Another'

Rep. Jason Lewis (R-Minn.) called welfare recipients “parasites” and compared the benefits program to slavery in the most recent of a series of derogatory remarks unearthed by CNN.

In an April 2012 segment of his radio show, “The Jason Lewis Show,” the congressman suggested that black Americans who receive welfare are still living on a “plantation.”

“Blacks fought so hard ... so blacks could take care of themselves and not be told what to do,” Lewis said. “Now, you’ve got the modern welfare state that tells black folks and Hispanic folks and poor white folks: ‘Don’t worry. We’ll take care of you.’ What is the difference? You’ve substituted one plantation for another.”

In a September 2012 segment, Lewis again criticized welfare recipients, saying that Democrats won the White House in 2008 because of welfare “parasites.”

I find it amazing that he doesn't realize that the very nature of US capitalism has put these people in this position. Also ironic that most of his constituents will be on welfare soon enough.

killacal

Banned
Daps
Sounds like most white coli posters in HL

I find it amazing that he doesn't realize...

Stopped reading right there... negged for being a naive fakkit:francis:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Funny no one says shyt when they use poor white working voters to keep the GOP parasites in office meanwhile they do nothing for those same poor white people... one could say they never leave the plantation either...:mjgrin:

But hey Blood and soil right and jews will not replace us...:troll: they vote republican not for racism but economic anxiety...

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
I never understood how the government...helping you is hindering you...

I mean...we have lotteries right...ran by the government...that everybody pays into you...

When you win the lottery...you get money...sometimes millions of dollars...

But if you are poor and get money to live day to day from the government...it's hindering you and ruining your life

Daps
I never understood how the government...helping you is hindering you...I mean...we have lotteries right...ran by the government...that everybody pays into you...When you win the lottery...you get money...sometimes millions of dollars...But if you are poor and get money to live day to day from the government...it's hindering you and ruining your life

government probably spend more amounts helping corporations.... b-b-but its the people who get a measly few hundred dollars a month that are the "parasites" :mjlol:

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
:yeshrug:my people gotta eat so that cac can get brain cancer for all I care

:mjgrin:but I bet his bytch ass won't even talk about improving the economic conditions of not just black people but his own constituents.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Funny they act like receiving these BENEFITS (not entitlements) that YOU and everybody else paid/pays into with NO CHOICE is evil but they consistently use government money to bail themselves out of bad times smh...

Act like poor people trying to better themselves are bad but the corporations who don't give a crap about anyone but their shareholders and executives are righteous when they receive government benefits...

They called welfare and other government programs ENTITLEMENTS to demonize them when people have no option but to pay to these same government and their programs...SMH
All they do is demonize poor and working poor people, but use race as a way to keep us from coming together to the REAL evil people...them 1%ers

Disgusting all around, and I'm telling you...theres a special place in hell for some of these EVIL people spreading and furthering this message. It truly makes me physically angry when I read and hear people doing this. Nothing wrong with poor people being helped out with the money they pay (taxes)...what's ENTITLED about that?

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
How many times did Africans Americans try and rebuild and do it independently only for them mofos to make up a reason and burn it all down?

Was land given to black people to rebuild?
Are loans given at favourable rates for them to build businesses?
Are they given all the opportunities with a blank slate with no background racism and glass ceiling to build million-billion dollar old money empires?

It’s disgusting how they keep ignoring their history of fukkery and very long history of how we got here today.

Even these days black people who own companies have to hide that they are the owners in white areas.

They set up their system to keep them at the top and then they turn back and talk shyt.

Pathetic.