Got my 90 year old Grandpa to watch Black Panther for the first time

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
That’s dope.....my granny was sick with cancer when it came out, she would have loved it just off the strength of Angela Bassett :mjcry:

tumblr_inline_p8f397HMs61txivy7_400.gif

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Had him over the other day, he's still going strong not completely senile but all he does is read newspapers, watch sports or listen to his old music. He was bored so I asked him if he wants me to put on a movie and he said ok. I'm looking at netflix and I saw Black Panther and wanted to see if he'd like it

He literally had the :mjgrin: face the entire movie, and let out that old man laugh everytime BP would hit someone

It was so dope to me someone who lived through the whole civil rights movement probably never thought he would see a black superhero movie like this

:to:

Cool story.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
My dad got through 40 minutes of it told me he was bored.
So I put in Black Dynamite we laughed all the wya through it.

_DC

D.C.
Daps
Reppin
Lower Delaware
Had him over the other day, he's still going strong not completely senile but all he does is read newspapers, watch sports or listen to his old music. He was bored so I asked him if he wants me to put on a movie and he said ok. I'm looking at netflix and I saw Black Panther and wanted to see if he'd like it

He literally had the :mjgrin: face the entire movie, and let out that old man laugh everytime BP would hit someone

It was so dope to me someone who lived through the whole civil rights movement probably never thought he would see a black superhero movie like this

:to:
That's dope Breh!:salute:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
:tachalla:I said this in the official BP film thread. I had both my Mom and Dad hyped up about Black Panther solo film. Basically made my Mom see Civil War, told her no refund already bought the tickets. :lolbron: After that movie she was hooked on BP. Showed her the BP trailers got her more hype. My Mom past away in August of 2017 and Dad past away in October 2017 so they never got a chance to see the solo joint. :sadcam:
I got my 5 year old daughter into it as well and whenever she see anything at a store Black Panther related she has to let her Daddy know. :tachalla:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
glad you two could have that moment.

Sometimes I overlook how much progress these seemingly simple landmarks represent

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
After watching BP multiple times I gotta say as far as theme this movie is a perfect 10! Every African American should see it, perfectly captures the relationship between Africans and African Americans. Props to everyone involved! :mjcry:
Thematically one of the GOAT comicbook movies. There's so much under surface that makes it great.