'Gotham' Season 2 Thread

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
How was Season 1 of this?

I'm in withdrawal from Flash/Arrow/Daredevil, so I was thinking about marathoning this to help tide me over until the Season Premieres. Either this or Agents of Shield I guess... :francis:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I wasn't a fan of the first season, and was gonna stop, but now that my baby Jessica Lucas is gonna be in S2, I have to watch it now :russ:

I don't watch TV for the women, but shorty don't work enough so I'mma have to peep at least an ep or 2 :lolbron:

the girl from cloverfield...:ohhh:

I first saw her do a guest spot on CSI when they were toying with the idea of adding a new cast member and she was up for the part but she only did a like 4 eps.

That was 2007.

I been sprung ever since.

:wow:

:patrice: @Emperor_ReinScarf @TheStoicGhost Is she enough to get you to come back to watching "Gotham"?:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Somebody mentioned it before I think it was @chris brown but the show could have been better executed had they focus on the rise of Penguin season one and hinting at other stories developing and leading to the following seasons.
I agree that slowing things down and focusing on one overarching storyline would have probably been a good thing.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Obviously the Joker is going to make more of an impact this season. They didn't bring dude in last season just for us to not see him again if he is indeed the Joker. Then Nygma will probably become a full fledged villain next season too along with the Penguin and his antics. So that's three villains right there along with the filler bad guys they can bring in too.

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
Another show with zero color

I liked this show when it started but they have no where to take this without Batman

I care less and less every episode but the biggest problem is the other comic based shows are killing

Daredevil is the shyt

Flash is on its heels if not already the best show

Shield rebounded nicely

Arrow has faded but it's still better than Gotham

Supergirl is coming

Gotham has to turn up considerably in season two of they want to avoid cancellation

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Jerome/The Joker in Season 2
Whether onscreen or not, The Joker will play a pivotal role in the next season of FOX's Gotham, executive producer Bruno Heller has confirmed.

In an interview with IGN at Comic-Con (you can see the full interview below), Heller addressed Cameron Monaghan's recent Joker tease, but wouldn't confirm that his character, Jerome, is definitively the Joker or not, saying, "There’s definitely some curveballs. Life is all about curveballs and this show is about that. Cameron's coming back. He's playing Jerome." However, Heller stressed, "The story we're telling is absolutely the story of how the Joker came to be."

"More than that I can't tell you because I've not yet formulated a clever J.J. Abrams type of way of telling you the truth but avoiding the spoiler," he added with a smile.

James Gordon actor Ben McKenzie chimed in shortly thereafter, saying, "I think for fans of Joker... I think you're going to be very happy."

In fact, Season 2 will dive into the origins of the menacing villain and flesh out his character throughout. "It's a storyline that plays out over the whole season," Heller added, "and at the end of the season, all Joker fans are going to go, 'Ahh, what a brilliant, brilliant idea,' or... Greek finance minister will be my next job."

:dj2: Young Jerome
Gotham: Season 2 will premiere on Monday, September 21. In the meantime, check out our review of Season 1 to help pass the time.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Yall think they gonna have the court of owls in this show?

And how they gonna have a Joker with no batman yet? Unless he's gonna be the red hood in the show?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yall think they gonna have the court of owls in this show?

And how they gonna have a Joker with no batman yet? Unless he's gonna be the red hood in the show?

They're not adhering to canon on this one breh so in theory, they can do whatever they want to as long as it makes sense for the world they're creating

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Vic Mackey back on the Force:blessed:

Michael Chiklis Joins 'Gotham' as Series Regular

As reported by TVLine, Chiklis will play Capt. Nathaniel Barnes, who joins the Gotham City Police Department and rids it of its "dead wood." He's unafraid of making enemies — on either side of the law — and serves as a mentor for Ben McKenzie's Gordon. The character will prove himself to be a strong ally to Gordon — but he one day may make for an equally powerful enemy.

Chiklis joins the series as Gotham is poised to spend its sophomore season exploring the "rise of the villains," as showrunner Bruno Heller told fans at Comic-Con. McKenzie noted that additional good guys would be joining the cast who all will have to band together to combat the apparent new crime wave that likely will include Cameron Monaghan's Joker. The Shameless star confirmed his role as the future Joker heading into the fan convention.

"We're going to find out how the hell Jerome, the proto-Joker we met [in season one], connects with the Joker as people know him. That's the big focus of the beginning of the second season. We're going to tell the story of how the Joker came to be," Heller told THR in May.

For Chiklis, the role marks his follow-up to American Horror Story: Freak Show and his return to broadcast television following CBS' Vegas and ABC's No Ordinary Family.

Gotham returns Sept. 21 at 8 p.m. on Fox.