Grandmaster Flash is the GOAT

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
I had no idea how much this guy contributed to the culture. And he seems super humble and says he's fine with however people want to do hip-hop.

He starts off the video kicking knowledge of the microscopic differences between stylus' needles, and why conical is better than flat for deejaying purposes. Then proceeds to go on to explain how hip-hop came to be. And the list of technical innovations he had to go through are remarkable. :whoo:

Just a brief list of Flash's contributions to hip-hop:
He invented slipmats by taking felt and using his mother's spray starch.
He invented mixers; dude went to radioshack and got wires and shyt, then did some mad scientist shyt to a fader so that he could switch back and forth between turntables to hear what was cued up.
He figured out which turntables were necessary (belt-driven technics) to actually loop records without having the sound get fukked up because of playback speeds.

Also explains the science and mathematics of looping a record.

This is dope as well. His channel is ill. He's always quick to give the history of hip-hop and who came up with what. A lot of knowledge I thought was just kind of lost to history, this guy was there, lived it, and has a damn near photographic memory.
This guy really is a scientist. The only other producer I know like that was Dilla, who went to a highschool for aviation engineers.

Guy's a genius. :salute:

Plankton

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
@YaThreadFloppedB!

rcog9k.jpg