The video is about 6 minutes so I’ll give cliffs:
- Went on a girls trip to Poconos ski resort in PA.
- When activities were completed, and they sat down to eat, a cop and the manager of the ski gear shop accused them of stealing.
- Initially thought it was a joke until it got serious. The store manager claims they stole gloves earlier. They showed the receipt to the cop, who said he didn’t care bc he had them on video.
- When the cop shows them the video, it’s a black man who allegedly stole with another black woman, and the manager assumes because they’re all black, they did it together.
- They explain that they don’t even know the man. They just walked out behind him.
- The cop said there’s evidence they spoke, and the girls explained the man only said excuse me to them. Racist cops assume all the black ppl know each other but do not question white ppl who walked out behind them at the same time
- The, manager and bystanders begin to laugh at them when they call them out for being racially profiled
The ski resort has since turned off their comments and issued an apology to the young women. It’s sad that you can’t ski while black in peace.
This is very interesting as a large speaking point for black feminists and divestors is that police brutality and harassment is a black male issue.