Grown ass Men are Pissed about the Black Little Mermaid

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
their "dominance" has been dwindling since other groups of people have been able to input and show their culture and storytelling and not be force feed by the Cac American and european culture or exposure. Whether that be countries who developed their own tv, movie landscape like India, or Korea.

or they carved out a way to be attractions and highly coveted like ADOS.

music wise they been getting their ass beat. ADOS music has been the music of the world for long time with Jazz

even had america using it as a diplomatic weapon and way to expand american influence

and Hip hop is the most dominant genre

Japanese Manga beats american comics, there is more kids In America who know about Goku then Superman

you also got BTS and korean pop popular, Bad Bunny is huge,

Squid Game(a Korean show) was the most popular show in Netflix

and the cherry on top is stuff like this

Cacs know the one time era where all media was overwhelmingly dominated with their faces is over. its a era now where they have to share the spotlights. and many of them hate their getting outdone. :mjlol:
Yep

They see you having an healthy view about yourself as anti white

White Americans think paying homage to outside cultures is anti American

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
your a idiot, if you can't tell the difference between the past where media and everything had a white face as opposed to now where you have ADOS music being the most popular, a Rican artist arguably being the most popular artist right now, foreign non white shows being the most popular etc.

and your entire argument rest on "well they dont own the companies" :mjlol:

neither do nikkas run the record labels but obviously who runs the musical dominant culture? Black americans

We're not talking about the"face". We're talking about who decides. White people decide to have anon white Ariel.

You're an "idiot" if you can't see that.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
they didnt bytch this much about aquaman or namor though. both waterfolk who were race swapped. i wonder why

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
apmci3sq4z931.jpg

They BIG mad :mjlol:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
We're not talking about the"face". We're talking about who decides. White people decide to have anon white Ariel.

You're an "idiot" if you can't see that.
thats a business discussion then, not a cultural one.

Those are 2 diff discussions.

The topic of how other groups r gaining cultural influence and cacs aren't isn't the same as "who runs disney"

Last edited:

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Gonna happen again once the Snow White trailer drops :blessed:

I'm fortunate to not have to deal with anyone like this in real life. They're really only this bold on the internet and at Thanksgiving

Swahili P'Bitek

Absorbingpovertywithoutlimitations
Daps
Reppin
Mtaani
A mami wata spin to the story with an all black cast would have been good, but the African movie industry still don't have the money to finance such a venture so its whatever. But we have a lot of stories still in the vault, once our finances are up, a breath of fresh air will come to the film industry. From our myths, tribal and kingdom warfares, political instability of the 60s to 80s, independence struggles, urban tales etc. We have so much to offer but so little in terms of finance, and the good thing is most of the world doesn't know much about these things.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
thats a business discussion then, not a cultural one.

Those are 2 diff discussions.

The topic of how other groups r gaining cultural influence and cacs aren't isn't the same as "who runs disney"
Nope. The comment I responded to was saying that white people are mad because they aren't anymore the ones deciding about who's on screen. I said that wasn't true.

White people run Hollywood. It's their thing. They are the ones deciding that Ariel is not white.

And you can't separate business and culture in this instance.

Justin Nitsuj

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Growing up seeing interracial relationships in Disney movies, I couldn't grasp what's going on while I was younger. But now as I'm older, it seems weird as fukk to me because I grew up with 95% of black people being in relationships with other black people and a few in interracial relationships with non black people. And me myself I don't date outside my race now.

So tell me this, how can a black child relate to seeing interracial relationships in Disney movies when their real life is different from that?

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Nope. The comment I responded to was saying that white people are mad because they aren't anymore the ones deciding about who's on screen. I said that wasn't true.
No nikka, he said this
Because their dominance in dictating what the culture and society is, is slipping. And what they dictated the culture to be, for the longest time is, if it's white it's right.

this is different from what your saying. quit trying to twist things, like we cant bring up his post :mjlol:
White people run Hollywood. It's their thing. They are the ones deciding that Ariel is not white.

And you can't separate business and culture in this instance.
you can as what Coldslither and what he was alluding to was cultureal and influence. This by disney is simply business and a business venture at that