Gun Ban in California has passed

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Common sense laws that you gun nuts equate to some sort of tyranny and "trying to take our guns."

There is nothing in this bill that prevents you from owning a gun (presuming you live in California.)

Edit: And the law hasn't even fukking passed yet. :laff:

Get over yourselves.
banning detachable mags is fukking asinine and will be shot down in higher courts.

The bill is changing the definition of assault rifle which is absurd.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Common sense laws that you gun nuts equate to some sort of tyranny and "trying to take our guns."

There is nothing in this bill that prevents you from owning a gun (presuming you live in California.)

Edit: And the law hasn't even fukking passed yet. And i haven't even mentioned that we're entertaining a Kingsmen thread....who thinks San Bernardino is some big hoax.....

Get over yourselves.

Sorry but can you provide evidence that the event happen? These bills are hundreds, if not thousands of pages long. How did 11 of them get in so fast 6 months after?

I think in order for me to get over myself....I need proof. In the end there won't be none, because the truth is, it was never about the shooting.

I'll wait on that evidence you have @Domingo Halliburton

Daps
Reppin
NULL
No reason you should own an assault rifle.

You gun owners have proven you can't handle them. And you can't name a logical reason why you would own one.

And on top of that you're forgetting this law applies yo Cali and hasn't even passed.

You or everyone? The police own Grenade Launchers, tanks and drones but there hasn't been any significant evidence that they really need it, you are the type to cry about others not needing a assault rifle.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
because the vast majority of rifles have them now, and it restricts access. It also is irrelevant to the safety of individuals. It really is no different than the supreme court overturning the handgun ban.

Assault rifle = select fire weapon capable of automatic fire. Liberals call anything that looks like a military rifle an assault rifle. This bill would change the definition.

RatherUnique

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Considering firearm murders are almost always commited with handguns not rifles or shotguns it's weird how they target rifles.

In 2013 across the whole country.
Only 285 people were killed with rifles.
285 people out of 320,000,000 is nothing.

Compare that with 300 shotgun deaths.
And 1490 from knives.

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
As a teenager, I bought choppa off the street with a banana clip, which was clearly made in the eastern bloc. I first shot an illegal 22 when I was 13.

I wonder a law like this would stop transactions like that?

A law like this will just give more money to Pisa gun runners. Guns are banned in Mexico, yet I still see zetas and CDG members armed with M16s and Ak47s... such an effective law.

Growing up in the real ghetto, I never once felt scared that Bubba and his shotgun would come show up I my neighborhood and start blasting kids, and the Bubba neighborhoods were only 20 miles away. I had a few friends in the trailer parks through work, and I actual felt more safe in the trailer parks than my own neighborhood even though there was a equal amount of guns in each neighborhood--redneck white and black/minority. The difference was all the bubbas bought guns through the legal route and the people I my neighborhood bought guns through the underworld. Now Bubba is being disarmed and the ghetto is not.

And I actually faced less racism from the bubbas than I did with black/Latinos in my own neighborhood!

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel

Edit: And the law hasn't even fukking passed yet. And i haven't even mentioned that we're entertaining a Kingsmen thread....who thinks San Bernardino is some big hoax.....

Get over yourselves.

Theres no common sense here. Its pandering to those that fear guns, period.

...The measures banning rifles with detachable magazines and requiring background checks for ammo buyers are opposed by the National Rifle Assn., Gun Owners of California and the National Shooting Sports Foundation, the trade association for the firearms industry.

...Two of the bills approved by the Senate would ban the manufacture and sale of semiautomatic rifles with detachable magazines as well as semiautomatic, center-fire rifles with “bullet buttons,” a recessed button that, when pressed by a sharp object, allows removal of the magazine

Where's the common sense here? Look at the stats. The vast majority of gun crimes are committed with hand guns. What possible safety can the public get from banning detachable mags? Straight up fear mongering, man. A removable clip is a difference of maybe 10-20 seconds in changing the clip vs reloading the rifle chamber.

Those already possessing such guns would have to register them with the state as assault rifles.

...Another measure approved Thursday would ban the possession of large-capacity magazines, those holding more than 10 bullets. Sen. Loni Hancock (D-Berkeley) told her colleagues that large-capacity magazines were found at the scene of the San Bernardino shooting.

10 round clip limits do next to nothing. It takes 5 seconds to drop your mag and pop in a new one.

...Yet another bill approved Thursday, authored by De León [Senate President Pro Tem Kevin De León (D-Los Angeles)], would require those buying ammunition to present identification, which would be used by the seller to check to make sure the buyer is not a felon or otherwise prohibited from possessing guns.
Click to expand...​

This is the one and only 'common sense' law thats being proposed. You need an ID to buy a gun so I don't have a problem with showing that same ID to buy the ammo for that gun.

And the answer to "Why do you even need an assault rifle?" is simply because I like them. You can drive a Camry to work or an Audi R8. Both provide the same utility and get me from point A to point B but the R8 will be a more powerful and enjoyable ride. Same premise for guns.

Last edited: