Gun Ban in California has passed

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
because the vast majority of rifles have them now, and it restricts access. It also is irrelevant to the safety of individuals. It really is no different than the supreme court overturning the handgun ban.

Assault rifle = select fire weapon capable of automatic fire. Liberals call anything that looks like a military rifle an assault rifle. This bill would change the definition.

It is literally blowing my mind why you're defending having an assault rifle.

You haven't listed one legitimate reason other than "it makes it less efficient"

less efficient for what??? killing a bunch of people??? listen to yourself...

Last edited:

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
It is literally blowing my mind why you're defending having an assault rifle.

You haven't listed one legitimate reason other than "it makes less efficient"
assault rifles are already illegal.

people just think these guns
223_calibre_rifle_lg.jpg

are scarier than this

dsc04778.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

even though they both shoot the same caliber of bullet. It's all cosmetic

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Theres no common sense here. Its pandering to those that fear guns, period.

...The measures banning rifles with detachable magazines and requiring background checks for ammo buyers are opposed by the National Rifle Assn., Gun Owners of California and the National Shooting Sports Foundation, the trade association for the firearms industry.

...Two of the bills approved by the Senate would ban the manufacture and sale of semiautomatic rifles with detachable magazines as well as semiautomatic, center-fire rifles with “bullet buttons,” a recessed button that, when pressed by a sharp object, allows removal of the magazine

Where's the common sense here? Look at the stats. The vast majority of gun crimes are committed with hand guns. What possible safety can the public get from banning detachable mags? Straight up fear mongering, man. A removable clip is a difference of maybe 10-20 seconds in changing the clip vs reloading the rifle chamber.

Those already possessing such guns would have to register them with the state as assault rifles.

...Another measure approved Thursday would ban the possession of large-capacity magazines, those holding more than 10 bullets. Sen. Loni Hancock (D-Berkeley) told her colleagues that large-capacity magazines were found at the scene of the San Bernardino shooting.

10 round clip limits do next to nothing. It takes 5 seconds to drop your mag and pop in a new one.

...Yet another bill approved Thursday, authored by De León [Senate President Pro Tem Kevin De León (D-Los Angeles)], would require those buying ammunition to present identification, which would be used by the seller to check to make sure the buyer is not a felon or otherwise prohibited from possessing guns.

This is the one and only 'common sense' law thats being proposed. You need an ID to buy a gun so I don't have a problem with showing that same ID to buy the ammo for that gun.

And the answer to "Why do you even need an assault rifle?" is simply because I like them. You can drive a Camry to work or an Audi R8. Both provide the same utility and get me from point A to point B but the R8 will be a more powerful and enjoyable ride. Same premise for guns.

I was born in Pennsylvania and hunting is a huge thing. Still, those stats are skewed and I can guarantee there's a lot more handguns than ARs sold. And you can deduce who's going to kill who with which guns from there.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
assault rifles are already illegal.

people just think these guns
223_calibre_rifle_lg.jpg

are scarier than this

dsc04778.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

even though they both shoot the same caliber of bullet. It's all cosmetic

look, I'm not going to act like I know a ton about guns....but anything you can the press the trigger on and have it fire multiple bullets should be illegal... at least in civilian hands.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
It's not that I don't want you to not have guns....I've been to the shooting range before....it's awesome....It's just the few rotten apples have spoiled it and people are losing their lives.

And unlike most developed countries we haven't done anything about it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not that I don't want you to not have guns....I've been to the shooting range before....it's awesome....It's just the few rotten apples have spoiled it and people are losing their lives.

And unlike most developed countries we haven't done anything about it.
Sadly the public doesnt ask the same for police who have killed more people per year with guns. Plus restricing them from a large population bc a few bad apples proves that the percentage is extremely low. If 38 million people are in cali and lets say 10 million have guns, the bad apples barely even touch a percentage range is not even on the radar. We all know its not about the mass shootings though...except for you.