Guns, Germs, and Steel

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
first of all shout out to Serious for posting this in the vegi thread. if there was already a thread on this doc, my bad

[EDITED BY LIU KANG, LINKS DOWN]

dude has some interesting theories. I'm sure it will interest people here. basically he thinks that racial inequality is mostly just based on the geography of where people settled. 'europeans' had better/more crops and domesticated animals, and therefore their society progressed faster

opinions? (yes that's 3hrs of documentary, but it is good)

Last edited by a moderator:

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
first of all shout out to Serious for posting this in the vegi thread. if there was already a thread on this doc, my bad

Guns Germs. and. Steel (2005) part 1 - YouTube

Guns Germs. and. Steel (2005) part 2 - YouTube

Guns Germs. and. Steel (2005) part 3 - YouTube

dude has some interesting theories. I'm sure it will interest people here. basically he thinks that racial inequality is mostly just based on the geography of where people settled. 'europeans' had better/more crops and domesticated animals, and therefore their society progressed faster

opinions? (yes that's 3hrs of documentary, but it is good)

IF Sid Meiers Civilizations I - VI have taught us nothing it has taught us that this is true.

Daps
More interesting is how he explained that the geography of Europe promoted nationalities and the competition between.

I think that, more than anything, it was the competition between Europe's nations that led to their accelerated growth during the last 600 years.

CouldntBeMeTho

Clarence Pawlicker
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
My theory is that europeans had to depend on technology more to survive. With the harsher climate, this lead to more emphasis on utilizing technology for all kinds of things.

Good documentary, and its a good read props...

Daps
My theory is that europeans had to depend on technology more to survive. With the harsher climate, this lead to more emphasis on utilizing technology for all kinds of things.

Good documentary, and its a good read props...

Why didn't the eskimos and siberians develop the best technology ever?