Gym brehs, come in here and post workout / diet tips that have actually worked for you

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Post little or well known tips and tricks that have actually worked for you with your diet and workout.

Supersets with heavier weights. shyt is hard to get your body accustomed to at first but once you do, it makes your workouts that much better. A lot of people like to a do a set then bullshyt around until the next set but if I'm doing any lift I always superset that that with something else back to back. Like if I'm doing bench I'm doing a set a curls after that, shoulder press with pull ups, dips with triceps extensions, squats with calve raises, leg curls with leg extensions, etc... I get more accomplished in a shorter amount of time and it built my endurance up real good

Nutribullet or mixer green smoothies for breakfast. When I'm on point with my breakfast smoothie I feel like Tyson in his prime :wow:. I swear to god I feel a night and day difference when I'm doing this daily and when I slip and stop doing this for a while.

A good zinc supplement. The shyt makes me sleep better and I notice a difference with how I nut on top of it making me more horny and dikk hard as a brick in the morning and at night ( pause :whoa: )

Matcha green tea with honey daily. I don't really get sick like that for years on end, maybe it's the tea helping maybe not :yeshrug: but the shyt makes me feel good

Taking a straight caffiene pill before working out instead of a preworkout. 100 pills is like $5 ok Amazon and I get the same results

When I'm trying to gain muscle / bulk ( or when I was trying, I'm content where I'm at now ) eating right before bed and setting an alarm at night to wake up and drink a protein shake worked really well for me. I was too busy to eat like I was supposed to be eating thoughtout the day so that was when I got the bulk of my calories in

When I'm cutting, lifting and cardio
on an empty stomach with just a caffiene pill and green tea with no honey or sweetener. Another thing that takes some adjusting to get comfortable with but the shyt always works for me like a charm if you can push yourself to get through the workout. You'll get used to it after awhile

Drinking milk with shakes and all day. I go through a gallon in a 2 or 3 days max. Another thing that isn't for everyone since I know most us are lactose intolerant but I swear by it.

Steam room after working out :blessed::blessed::blessed: shyt clears out my lungs and sinuses and I feel so fukking good after :wow:. Perfect time to do abs too to get a good sweat going. Find a gym with a steam room brehs

Stretching and / or yoga. I know lifters are like :whoa: but religious stretching will make your back, knees, shoulders, etc... Feel so much better as a lifter and improve your form on deep squats and behind the head lifts. This has single-handedly made a lot of my aches and pains go away in my back and knees plus the women that take these classes :ohlawd:. Easy way to make some new flexible friends :shaq:

Anything else I'm forgetting I'll add as I remember if anyone gives a fukk.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Good Idea:

ZMA as a supplement at night has definitely helped with my sleep and recovery.

Someone was telling me about this before but I blew them off :ohhh:

I'm about to do some research

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On the nutrition and supplement tip I've tried damn near everything.

Intermittent fasting and/or grazing (six small meals a day) is the easiest and fastest way to lose weight. Limit portion sizes to a standard serving or less. Americans consume WAY too much in general. Simple calorie restriction, it's so basic but works better than anything else.

Eating a couple spoonfuls of coconut oil through out the day boosts metabolism. Coconut oil is also great as a moisturizer. And oil pulling will whiten your teeth

Green smoothies, or at the very least a greens powder every day

Agreed on zinc for "man stuff"

Almond milk over cow's milk

A berry based antioxidant supplement or drink for anti-aging. I've been taking one religiously for years and people always tell me I look 5 years younger than I am

Megadosing probiotics. Once or twice a month, take 20+ capsules of proboitics before bed. You'll have a great bowel movement the next morning and just feel good overall

I've taken nearly every supplement you can think of and for energy and mental acuity nothing works better than 200mg caffeine. I wish that wasn't the case but it is

Adaptogens are great for overall health. Everybody should take them. They are all in the same family but each has their own personality. Reishi mushroom is my favorite. Take it every day and you will feel wonderfully calm and centered. Holy basil and schizandra are also good.

Rotate and cycle on/off supplements generally speaking. I take high doses consistently but also believe in giving the body a break. You build up a tolerance to herbs, or anything, over time.

Turmeric, cinnamon and ginger are great for cardiovascular function, healthy aging and overall well being

7-8 hours of sleep every night. buy a nice quality sleeping mask. freeze it during the day and wear it at night

Mediate and listen to hypnosis audio when you need to relax during the day

Last edited:

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This is exactly what I was looking for :blessed:

Brehs coming in here dropping knowledge and schooling people that are unaware and wanting to know about nutritional and fitness tips that have been successful for people

@Big Jo gratitude

The intermittent eating, cycling supps, and caffiene I've had success with at as well

I've never heard of adaptogens and I'm definitely about to do some research and add that and more
Probiotics. Never heard of the coconut oil benefits either

With sleep I'd say a minimum of 6 hours is mandatory but sleep can be made up of people aren't getting enough daily.

Sleeping in pitch black with no tvs or lights on is the best quality of sleep a person can get. Personally I keep a fan on year around at night to mask ambient noises that occur throughout the night and that helps me get better quality sleep

Another seemingly obvious tip that most people don't do is making sure you drink a lot water, all day. The body's metabolic processes work much more effectively when you are properly hydrated especially if you're gonna be taking supplements and creatine

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I would also throw in 5HTP in regards to sleep. This was one of the first supplements I tinkered with. It is supposed to help with mood, appetite control and sleep. I think I've seen benefits in all three areas but I would say sleep would be the most likely. Combined with ZMA it's like being in a coma.

I use Natrol 200mg Time Release 5HTP.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I use Natrol 200mg Time Release 5HTP.

:yes:

One of the first supplements I tinkered with too.

Better to cycle it though IMO. I'm still a little leary on long term amino acid supplementation

If you like 5-HTP you'll love Reishi

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
:yes:

One of the first supplements I tinkered with too.

Better to cycle it though IMO. I'm still a little leary on long term amino acid supplementation

If you like 5-HTP you'll love Reishi
I am on the Google now but can you give some details including brand?

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
FO MUSCLE GAINZ: german volume training

See I'm not with the all the different or new types of workouts when it comes to lifting and gaining muscle

Most important part in gaining is recognizing what your body responds to and keeping you're muscles satiated with nutrients

Not saying I'm against it or any specific workout, I'm just saying if you follow the basics you will gain.

That being said, I might need to switch it up and do something different. Been doing the basically the same :flabbynsick: Variations workout cycles for years but I've always gained from it so that's why I've been reluctant to switch it up

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
It's disgusting but if you have a juicer

Cabbage juice will clean you out and also burns fat

Again it's very harsh and best to try to mix it with maybe carrots or something

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
See I'm not with the all the different or new types of workouts when it comes to lifting and gaining muscle

Most important part in gaining is recognizing what your body responds to and keeping you're muscles satiated with nutrients

Not saying I'm against it or any specific workout, I'm just saying if you follow the basics you will gain.

That being said, I might need to switch it up and do something different. Been doing the basically the same :flabbynsick: Variations workout cycles for years but I've always gained from it so that's why I've been reluctant to switch it up
Your body adapts to everything eventually if you switch up your routines every few months I guarantee you see more results

Not saying you gotta do some complex shyt just switching things up a little and hitting different muscles