Halle Berry Says After Black Panther, Catwoman 'Deserves Another Goddamn Chance'

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
The funny thing is that the writer admitted on Twitter that the only reason Catwoman was black was because they couldn't use Selina Kyle. Michelle P. was still under contract as Catwoman and didn't want to do the solo so they had to find another way.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
You know, I’ve gotten a really bad rap for this role, and I think Catwoman deserves another god—- chance, don’t you?

giphy.gif

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
The funny thing is that the writer admitted on Twitter that the only reason Catwoman was black was because they couldn't use Selina Kyle. Michelle P. was still under contract as Catwoman and didn't want to do the solo so they had to find another way.

Apparently Michelle was all for doing it, an interview she gave last year she states that. Tim Burton was to direct it as well. It was one of those things where it never got anywhere. WB wanted Batman Forever (which Catwoman was intentionally left out of due to the impending solo film being developed) to not be as dark as the previous joint, and when the studio saw Forever made more money than the second, darker Batman, the studio's vision might've clashed with Burton's. Hell, The screenwriter turned in the Catwoman script literally the same day Batman Forever dropped in theaters. Basically the whole project stalled long enough to where both Burton and Michelle had other projects on the table, and they moved on.

Man...for a minute I developed a lil' something for Michelle's Selena Kyle when I first saw that movie :shaq: