Happy birthday Malcolm X

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Malcolm X on the Black Community being projected as criminals:

“any Negro in the community can be stopped in the street. ‘Put your hands up,’ and they pat you down,” he said. The problem, he said, is that the “black community … has been projected as a community of criminals.” That projection has justified “any kind of brutal methods to suppress blacks because ‘they’re criminals anyway.’”

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I just checked, Google Music has a bunch of Malcolm X speech albums available for stream. They're good listens whether you're in the car or at the house.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
I just checked, Google Music has a bunch of Malcolm X speech albums available for stream. They're good listens whether you're in the car or at the house.

Good looking; I'm going to download google music right now, so I can play these when I'm going to work.

Happy birthday to Brother Malcolm; sometimes I think what would it be like it he was still alive.

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Happy Earth Day beloved Prince. You always with us big bro, especially myself. You just don't know how your words and life helped change me.........

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
A local radio station was playing his Pacifica Archive speeches today. Powerful stuff, especially when he delved into the need for black nationalism and the way democratic politicians (Dixiecrats) use black voters. It's sad how relevant his speeches are to this day and that no one since has been able to fill his role as a, by any means necessary, rights/empowerment leader. RIP to the GOAT.

tumblr_n1nx7dC3yB1qhub34o1_500.gif

Dominoes

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Myself
Today should be a holiday and a celebration of this mans life!
His growth from Detroit Red to Malcolm X is nothing short of praiseworthy.

It burns me that there's holidays celebrating genocidal racists, while Malcolm is viewed as the militant terrorist:wtb:

Happy Birthday to one of the greatest human beings to ever walk the earth:blessed:

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
it's funny how america has changed the story to

"malcolm x was a racist terrorist who went to mecca and realized that color didn't matter"

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:banderas: a great man!

I've looked into years ago but I believe he only had the one grandson between his six daughters

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1914–1983
You show me one of these people over here who have been thoroughly brainwashed, who has a negative attitude toward Africa, and I'll show you one that has a negative attitude toward himself. You can't have a positive attitude toward yourself and a negative attitude toward Africa at the same time. To the same degree that your understanding of and attitude toward Africa becomes positive, you'll find that your understanding of and your attitude toward yourself will also become positive. And this is what the white man knows. So they very skillfully made you and me hate our African identity, our African characteristics.

Explaining the importance of connecting with Africa.

Last edited:

LevelUp

🧞🪔 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙇𝙖𝙢𝙥 🧞🪔
Daps
Great orator