Has a family member ever shamed you for growing your hair out?

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Has anyone experienced this sort of treatment from family members when they decided to grow their hair out? My aunt constantly complains that my hair is too long and “wild looking” whenever she comes to visit and saying how I would look more presentable and “neat” with a short haircut. I told her countless times I want to grow it out to get it braided but she won’t shut the fukk up about it already and it’s annoying me. :francis:

Yea fùck that bÍtch

horizon

Superstar
Daps
My dad always had my back so I didn’t care what anyone else thought

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
Has anyone experienced this sort of treatment from family members when they decided to grow their hair out? My aunt constantly complains that my hair is too long and “wild looking” whenever she comes to visit and saying how I would look more presentable and “neat” with a short haircut. I told her countless times I want to grow it out to get it braided but she won’t shut the fukk up about it already and it’s annoying me. :francis:
Sheesh! sounds like you auntie had a classic case of haterade. Hatering and holla out of envy and jealousy. It be family members that strike the most.

When I was a young buck, my sister had my hair braided like Lil Bow Wow. Unfortunately, my mom cut it off cause she said I looked like a fakkit:mjlol:

Now I can barely grow hair:francis:

Ku$h Parker

For The Burbs Not The Streets
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside
Never,hell My Moms helped me get my hair Braided when I would Kobe Fro it over the Summer...but wheb I was outta HS she gave me the "You gotta Cut it in order to get a Job :ufdup:" Talk tho

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
My hair is about 3 inches long right now (I’ll probably get it braided in February) and most of my family is still giving me shyt for not cutting it. :francis: