Has Anthony Mackie become the token black guy in hollywood.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Most feel that he's lucky enough as is to be getting those supporting the supporting supporting actor's role for his level of "talent".

What doesnt help him is that hes got the look, build and voice of a mean tough c*nt who is suited to the goon/soldier role in bigger budget films. Guess being bald has hindered his career somewhat.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
glad somebody has brought this up. And he usually plays the same role. It seems like he just takes any role he can get. In alot of them, his character lacks charisma. Sorry, but you a black man in Hollywood, there better be something about you that stands out. It's like he just plays the normal black friend. Nothing interesting. That's not gonna get you leading roles. Look at Denzel and Sam, when they're on your screen, they command your attention. They have charisma. Both their voices are distinct kind off. Will Smith also very well has all of this.

He did very well in Hurt Locker, but Jeremy Renner was the star of the movie because he played the more interesting and charismatic character.

Breh thats up to the actor to make the role work and how they sees fit to play it to work within their personality. Its the mannerisms, demeanour and presence how they impose themselves on the scene. Just because hes black doesnt means hes automatically gunna be blessed with the on-screen charisma of a Denzel, SLJ, Will Smith, Forrest, Elba, Michael K Williams.

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
We forgetting that Work Load Martin Lawrence had.

Dude still can star in a movie a year lol.

Maybe, DMX hurt black actors from getting the big jobs. LMAO

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anthony Mackie - IMDb

hes come a long way from being papa doc on 8 mile
This nikka papa doc, i can never take him serious in any movie im sorry :laff:

Every movie ive seen him in i keep thinking about eminem battling him, i think his image hasn't varied from looking exactly how he did in that role idk
Spike tried with She Hate Me and that almost fukked up Mackie's career and Kerry Washington's.

There is a reason why Nia Long and Rosario Dawson turned it down.

That movie had me like :noah:... spike should never talk shyt about django

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
i dont think u know what charisma is..

dude is a fukking actor..he follows the script
if the role he is playing has no charisma,what the fukk is he supposed to do?

:ld:
are you tellin me u have never seen an actor play a very small cameo in a flick but make it memorable. A little inflection in the voice, change up in facial expressions something.You never see that with mackie he just plays the same vanilla and caramel safe negro in every role..You just made dudes point, anthony just stands there and reads lines from a script he doesnt breath any aspect of personality or life to the characters he plays

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
This nikka papa doc, i can never take him serious in any movie im sorry :laff:

Every movie ive seen him in i keep thinking about eminem battling him, i think his image hasn't varied from looking exactly how he did in that role idk

That movie had me like :noah:... spike should never talk shyt about django
Or any other movie ever again!!!!!

In other words, he needs to :sitdown: somewhere!!!!!

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We forgetting that Work Load Martin Lawrence had.

Dude still can star in a movie a year lol.

Maybe, DMX hurt black actors from getting the big jobs. LMAO
speaking of dmx, he got 2 movies coming out this year

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I been checking for Chiwetel aver since Talk To Me with Don Cheadle. Dude is on point.

As far as Anthony Mackie, he's OK, but like its been stated, the roles are limited for Black actors, I mean Forest Whittaker is a phenomenal actor but most of his career he has played side characters and tv spots.

Hollywood cism is a open secret...Damn near every black actor and actress has spoken out about how execs block black actors from getting certain roles and wont let black directors make certain movies.

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
I wish we could could some black cable shows. The Wire was the last one I can think of. It wasn't even all black. I guess someone say Theme also.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i would be more than happy to play the token black guy in every damn movie. being a actor in hollywood is the goat life.... give me my money.....fukk working a 9 to 5 and nikkas coming onto this board making threads like "is this what life is about" "i need to find a new job"