Has Anthony Mackie become the token black guy in hollywood.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
He's a successful working actor in Hollywood. I haven't checked his upcoming roles yet but his career can go either way at this moment. He can keep landing good supporting roles like he's getting or somehow deliver with a breakout role and performance to make people take notice. I think that his Hurt Locker performance has him where he is today. Alot of actors black or white aren't even close to getting the work that he's getting today even if his roles are supporting character types. I think his ceiling is a Don Cheadle. I can't see him getting into the Will Smith or Denzel level of success and mainstream

Don Cheadle is A-List talent though. He can do comedy, emotionally driven characters, he's showed he serviceable as an action star...he has versatility. I see Mackie as Isaiah Washington

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Finger crossed Chiewetel gets that defining role that puts him over into leading role. Out of all the "up and coming" black actors i think he has the best chance to emulate Denzel.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don Cheadle is A-List talent though. He can do comedy, emotionally driven characters, he's showed he serviceable as an action star...he has versatility. I see Mackie as Isaiah Washington

:shaq2: He's already surpassed the Isaiah Washington tier, tho.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finger crossed Chiewetel gets that defining role that puts him over into leading role. Out of all the "up and coming" black actors i think he has the best chance to emulate Denzel.

I been checking for Chiwetel aver since Talk To Me with Don Cheadle. Dude is on point.

As far as Anthony Mackie, he's OK, but like its been stated, the roles are limited for Black actors, I mean Forest Whittaker is a phenomenal actor but most of his career he has played side characters and tv spots.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Isaiah got his fame off tv though, his roles in movies haven't been that great. Don Cheadle is an A lister- high B lister talent most definitely but he's not on Will Smith's or Denzel's level though. That's the only reason I said Mackie could maybe reach the level of Cheadle. Cheadle hasn't had that many leads himself but he's definitely a Superior talent than Mackie and he really knows how to pick good roles that showcase his broad talent range

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

12 Years A Slave will be :lawd:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

The downside to Chiwetel is that even though he has all the elements of a star, no one can pronounce his name.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

don cheadle got thrown in the bushes by hollywood. thats why he doing television now.